Hello

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hello

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:09 pm

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:
dog wrote:I'll be sorry to see this site go.
Although I don't get to come and visit much these days due to my terminal cancer diagnosis I still find a comforting familiarity here.
This forum kept me highly amused during Covid times, especially from some of the more highly strung posters. :gigglesnshit:

All good things must come to an end I guess..... or in my case all awesome things :wink:

I wish you all the best for wherever this rollercoaster called life may take you.
And if Stooo changes his mind then I will continue to visit from time to time while I'm still able to.

Ah fuck.

I'll keep it on.

Are you serious Stooo?
Will you keep Dogs going for a while longer?

Some things have changed and a financial albatross has been taken from my neck, I've had a very hard few months with birthday and Christmas spent alone and counting the pennies despite working all hours but meh :woteva:

I've been on forums for decades and Dogs has been a part of my life for 13 years, it's kept me sane more than once :wubbers:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:19 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Gabby wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Does this mean I need to delete my heartfelt farewell post

Seems that way,… obviously doesn’t update his mods first :NAA: … he’s made you look a right pair of gullible dicks for believing it, plus you saying he’s doing the right thing! :whistle:

I meant every word of that post

So I guess that leaves me with things to think about

I was at a very low ebb.

The disc usage due to the massive bot attempts was stressing me out, I was getting emails warning of extra charges or closure. Registration is now closed and the bots have mainly retreated along with the failed CAPTCHA's that were causing the issue.

If someone wants to join now they will have to request it in a pinned thread in the Arms, the IP can be checked and registration opened at a set time so that it can be approved quickly and regs shut down soon after in the ACP. We only have a few noobs a month so it's not a massive issue.

I was very touched by your post.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:43 pm

Stooo wrote:
Some things have changed and a financial albatross has been taken from my neck, I've had a very hard few months with birthday and Christmas spent alone and counting the pennies despite working all hours but meh :woteva:

I've been on forums for decades and Dogs has been a part of my life for 13 years, it's kept me sane more than once :wubbers:

Thanks Stooo :wubbers:
Junglejayne

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:50 pm

Gabby wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Although I don't get to come and visit much these days due to my terminal cancer diagnosis I still find a comforting familiarity here.
This forum kept me highly amused during Covid times, especially from some of the more highly strung posters. :gigglesnshit:

All good things must come to an end I guess..... or in my case all awesome things :wink:

I wish you all the best for wherever this rollercoaster called life may take you.
And if Stooo changes his mind then I will continue to visit from time to time while I'm still able to.

Ah fuck.

I'll keep it on.

Good chap!

Try posting more, not just make a comeback when you think it’s all going tits up! :thumbsup:

Or what? :bum:
Raggamuffin

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:27 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:

I meant every word of that post

So I guess that leaves me with things to think about

Do everyone a favour and jump - cos Stooo sure aint got the balls to give you a push
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:29 pm

Sorry to hear your news dog

Chin up, and make the most of what you have left.
Red Okktober

Postby IamtheWalrus » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:50 am

throw up a donation link to keep site running if it's staying. Will be happy to chuck a few quid your way as thanks for all the :popcorn:
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:14 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ah fuck.

I'll keep it on.

That's great :twirl:

If you want some money towards the monthly costs just say, i'm happy to help out :thumbsup:

:wubbers:

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:18 pm

Stooo wrote:

Ah fuck.

I'll keep it on.

That’s sad to hear Dog.
It really does put petty bickering into perspective, it’s utterly pointless.
Best wishes from here on.

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:16 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:throw up a donation link to keep site running if it's staying. Will be happy to chuck a few quid your way as thanks for all the :popcorn:

Good idea.

If Stoo could make it so donations could only be anonymous that would be good too.
Cactus Jack

Postby Jason » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:18 pm

Stoo, if you're interested I've still got that web space available. It's a "lifetime" deal so no ongoing costs and it's got everything you'd need to move dogs over to it.

I think all I'd have to do is give you the email address to log in so you can change the password and use it as you see fit. I don't want anything in return and you do all the grunt work yourself as well so let me know and it's yours.
Jason

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:03 pm

I've never thought of funding but it has to be anonymous.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:26 pm

Jason wrote:Stoo, if you're interested I've still got that web space available. It's a "lifetime" deal so no ongoing costs and it's got everything you'd need to move dogs over to it.

I think all I'd have to do is give you the email address to log in so you can change the password and use it as you see fit. I don't want anything in return and you do all the grunt work yourself as well so let me know and it's yours.

FFS do something useful with your life and stop banging on about 'opening forums'

It's all you ever do, apart from putting out the begging bowl
Red Okktober

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:27 pm

Stooo wrote:I've never thought of funding but it has to be anonymous.

WTF?

Isn't it something like £14 a month to run this site?

Why on earth would you need 'funding'?
Red Okktober

Postby Jason » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:46 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Jason wrote:Stoo, if you're interested I've still got that web space available. It's a "lifetime" deal so no ongoing costs and it's got everything you'd need to move dogs over to it.

FFS do something useful with your life and stop banging on about 'opening forums'

It's all you ever do, apart from putting out the begging bowl

What part of that post was about "opening a forum" then genius ?. Maybe you can point it out to me ?.

I offered Stoo a solution to keep the forum going for zero cost. That's it. But he'd clearly rather fuck around with funding the forum than accept anything from me so fuck it all and forget the offer.
Jason

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms