Poppy Politics

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Poppy Politics

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:49 am

Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:As a rule the right wing rises when the economic cycle dips and those at the top try to blame anyone but themselves for the mess that has been created.

Which is odd when you consider the right wing always favours keeping the same people at the top.

That’s completely wrong, why do you fabricate such bullshit?

Mussolini and Hitler both headed tiny parties, but economic woes, and their vows to return their countries to greatness resonated with the populace in both of their countries.

Right wing politics gain ground when electorates are fed up with inept rulers.

Today we see it happening in Europe, the RW populists are taking over.

You’re an idiot for suggesting our inept government is right wing, when they’re really a useless bunch of arseholes lining their own pockets.

Nothing new though, Blair wasn’t rich when he became PM, but he left that post a very wealthy man.

It seems left wing leaders are just as bad.

You've mastered many English words - now try sentences.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:01 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:As a rule the right wing rises when the economic cycle dips and those at the top try to blame anyone but themselves for the mess that has been created.

Which is odd when you consider the right wing always favours keeping the same people at the top.

That’s completely wrong, why do you fabricate such bullshit?

Mussolini and Hitler both headed tiny parties, but economic woes, and their vows to return their countries to greatness resonated with the populace in both of their countries.

Right wing politics gain ground when electorates are fed up with inept rulers.

Today we see it happening in Europe, the RW populists are taking over.

You’re an idiot for suggesting our inept government is right wing, when they’re really a useless bunch of arseholes lining their own pockets.

Nothing new though, Blair wasn’t rich when he became PM, but he left that post a very wealthy man.

It seems left wing leaders are just as bad.

You've mastered many English words - now try sentences.

How feeble!
It’s obvious you don’t like being corrected.

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:44 am

No I just didn't unscramble the word salad - you may have a valid point but the way it's presented is so incoherent i don't know.

I saw the point at the end - where you said left wing leaders were as bad but that doesn't make sense in context as left wing revolutions are intended to disrupt the status quo not maintain it and corporatists tend to dislike left leaning regimes whether they are authoritarian or liberal.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Mostly female Caracal battalion, with female commanding officer who says in video, “they sent 100 Hamas terrorists to paradise to meet their 72 virgins.” :thumbsup:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SWDIrOma5C0

Excellent work ladies, great video of some very brave ladies, who clearly take no prisoners when dealing with evil terrorist filth. :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:No I just didn't unscramble the word salad - you may have a valid point but the way it's presented is so incoherent i don't know.

I saw the point at the end - where you said left wing leaders were as bad but that doesn't make sense in context as left wing revolutions are intended to disrupt the status quo not maintain it and corporatists tend to dislike left leaning regimes whether they are authoritarian or liberal.

Why do you insist on communicating in gobbledygook?
Wouldn’t you like to post something coherent for once in your life?

That aside, I’m very much hoping Kier “interesting” Starmer wins a landslide at next GE.
Poor bashing policies of the current government are bordering on draconian, and this country sorely needs a change for the better, with a government that’s cares for the less well off.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:54 pm

The Hamas disgusting sexual degradation antics were shown on the BBC news tonight.
It might make that particular broadcaster rethink its previous reporting about these terrorist twats

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:39 am

The BBC reminds us three times in each report that HAMAS is 'designated as a terrorist organisation' so I don't see what else they need to do.

Perhaps you're objection is to the BBC reporting on the Israeli attacks on non-combatants, people who are certainly not members of HAMAS - premature babies etc.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:37 am

Cactus Jack wrote:The BBC reminds us three times in each report that HAMAS is 'designated as a terrorist organisation' so I don't see what else they need to do.

Perhaps you're objection is to the BBC reporting on the Israeli attacks on non-combatants, people who are certainly not members of HAMAS - premature babies etc.

The use of the word terrorist by the BBC is real progress, they might be worrying about license fee increase being opposed.
They’re meant to be impartial, and this is progress.

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:18 am

Guest wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:The BBC reminds us three times in each report that HAMAS is 'designated as a terrorist organisation' so I don't see what else they need to do.

The use of the word terrorist by the BBC is real progress, they might be worrying about license fee increase being opposed.

Hamas has always been described as being a terrorist organisation by the BBC

hamas is recognised in the UK as a proscribed terrorist group

it isn't the BBC doing anything, they are just reporting the news as is and nothing has changed
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:58 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hamas has always been described as being a terrorist organisation by the BBC

hamas is recognised in the UK as a proscribed terrorist group

it isn't the BBC doing anything, they are just reporting the news as is and nothing has changed

“BBC defends policy not to call Hamas 'terrorists' after criticism.

The BBC has defended its decision not to describe Hamas militants as "terrorists" in coverage of the recent attacks in Israel.
UK Defence Secretary Grant Shapps said the policy is "verging on disgraceful".
A BBC spokesperson noted it was a long-standing position for its reporters not to use the term themselves unless attributing it to someone else.
Veteran BBC foreign correspondent John Simpson said "calling someone a terrorist means you're taking sides".
But Mr Shapps said the BBC needs to locate its "moral compass".
"I actually think it is verging on disgraceful, this idea that there is some sort of equivalence, and they'll always say, well there's two sides," he told LBC.
He said Hamas, who have "gone out and slaughtered innocent people, babies, festival-goers, pensioners", is a proscribed organisation in the UK - meaning the government officially views it as a terrorist organisation that is illegal to support.
"They are not freedom fighters, they are not militants, they are pure and simple terrorists and it's remarkable to go to the BBC website and still see them talking about gunmen and militants.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainmen ... 076341.amp

11th October, when this was written, they refused to call them terrorists
It caused quite a stir back then.
I’m glad they’ve changed their tune.

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:11 am

I didn't realise that, so apologies

it's weird I don't really read much news on the Israel/Palestine situation exept for on the BBC and I have a false memory that hamas have always been described as a terrorist group

I've never consciously noticed but if asked I would definitely say that the BBC describe them that way
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:14 am

sorry guest I'm not aproving a video with no context that is over an hour long

I'm simply not watching it through just to check whether it is ok to approve
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Kipper » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:54 am

This is the Hamas leader's son telling you what is happening in Gaza and Israel. This to them is a religious war.
To those who want to know what is going on, please watch. Yes, it is long, but also explains how this has came about.

Kipper

Postby HobbitFeet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:02 am

Thank you for logging in and reposting
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:19 am

The media in general can be very inconsistent when reporting about terrorism and violence, particularly the BBC. It's as if they are scared to tell the whole truth, so cover stuff up.

As mentioned further upthread, BBC 5Live, their national news station, reported the murder of a German by a knife and hammer wielding terrorist, shouting ' Allahu Akbar, of Iranian descent and who claimed he did it in revenge for Hamas, as a crime committed by a 'French man' - which is completely fucking disgusting imo

(before the weaselly lickspittle pipes up again, yes I know it was reported in more detail on their website, but I'm talking about national news radio)

They have form for it, going back a long way. If any of these savages have acquired nationality of a European country, that is they will report at times.

I remember reading about rapes carried out by a group of North African immigrants, and the BBC described the rapists as something like (can't remember exactly) 'two Swedes, a Norwegian, and a Dane'
Red Okktober

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms