How often do you dine out?

A right load of bollocks...

How often do you dine out?

Postby common sense » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm

As for us, very very rarely. Reason, too expensive.

On Sat we went to Harvester with my daughter's six best friends as it would have been her 28th. her birthday. I want to stop it off, us seeing them every April, the anniversary, and Oct but they seem to want to see us and wife likes it. I think it's daft celebrating a birthday when she's dead.

Cost us £164 so average £20 each including drinks. They did say they'd share and pay but wife wouldn't let them. Was nice, sirloin steak, chips and trimmings.

What did annoy me was £5.20 for a pint of Stella lager. Also I see they charged me 30p for "use of card under £10" What a cheek. Expensive. Can get a full pint can, 568ml, of Stella in the off-licence for £1.60. That's why pubs are closing every week. Place was empty but it was raining heavily. Still, saturday night.

One girl brought a box of 8 cup cakes in from her car and our server said she couldn't. I said "oh come on we've just spent nearly 170 quid" She said "okay then but if the landlord sees them"
common sense

Re: How often do you dine out?

Postby ArchieG » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:42 pm

We’re having a rest from it currently, having had to eat out every night for 3 weeks. Normally it would be every Wednesday after racing, and occasionally at other times.Usually we have people round rather than go out. You can do food and drinks for 12 people with £160 including fizz and cocktails. The wednesdays aren’t 20 quid a head though, typically it’s a curry or something in the sailing club.
ArchieG

Postby paulthurrott » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 pm

At least once a week, sometimes twice or three times in a week.

On Friday I'll be definitely eating out, as I've got a gift card to use that's valid at Prezzo Pizza. I know it's expensive there, but if I've been gifted the money for it, so what?
paulthurrott

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:18 pm

Unless I'm away, I don't really.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:48 pm

Only about once a month.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:08 pm

Not very often as we tend to prefer home cooking especially with friends and that doesn't happen much these days.
Illness and death has cut the number of friends quite drastically over the last few years.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby calitom » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:18 pm

I have lunch out mon thru fri..every weekday.

I know its a lot--but ever since the covid scam i felt sorry for the lockdowns/rules that destroyed many of their businesses.
So I support the restaurants in my town of fairfield/suisun in northern ca.
I was lucky enough to avoid many of the awful business restrictions and health .(thats a joke) restrictions.
Lots of peoples lives were ruined.Shitehead bureaucratsgiving into orders from Pfizer devils.
calitom

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:24 pm

common sense wrote:As for us, very very rarely. Reason, too expensive.

On Sat we went to Harvester with my daughter's six best friends as it would have been her 28th. her birthday. I want to stop it off, us seeing them every April, the anniversary, and Oct but they seem to want to see us and wife likes it. I think it's daft celebrating a birthday when she's dead.

Cost us £164 so average £20 each including drinks. They did say they'd share and pay but wife wouldn't let them. Was nice, sirloin steak, chips and trimmings.

What did annoy me was £5.20 for a pint of Stella lager. Also I see they charged me 30p for "use of card under £10" What a cheek. Expensive. Can get a full pint can, 568ml, of Stella in the off-licence for £1.60. That's why pubs are closing every week. Place was empty but it was raining heavily. Still, saturday night.

One girl brought a box of 8 cup cakes in from her car and our server said she couldn't. I said "oh come on we've just spent nearly 170 quid" She said "okay then but if the landlord sees them"

Why….don’t you like to celebrate her life… or allow others to do so? :ooer:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Gabby wrote:

My dad's birthday today, I saw a couple of rainbows and thought of him.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:37 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:

So you celebrate his birthday in your own way, and so you should! :wubbers: …. CS seems like he prefers to forget his loved ones birthday… maybe he prefers to remember in his own way, but I think it’s lovely that her friends continue to want to remember! :wubbers:
Gabby

Postby common sense » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:09 pm

Gabby wrote:

Yes of course I do.
common sense

Postby common sense » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:10 pm

Gabby wrote:
So you celebrate his birthday in your own way, and so you should! :wubbers: …. CS seems like he prefers to forget his loved ones birthday… maybe he prefers to remember in his own way, but I think it’s lovely that her friends continue to want to remember! :wubbers:

Yes I suppose it is.
common sense

Postby calitom » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:34 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:

My dad's birthday coming up dec 11. First birthday without him.
calitom

Postby paulthurrott » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:24 pm

paulthurrott wrote:At least once a week, sometimes twice or three times in a week.

On Friday I'll be definitely eating out, as I've got a gift card to use that's valid at Prezzo Pizza. I know it's expensive there, but if I've been gifted the money for it, so what?

I ended up eating at Nandos last Friday night instead. :gigglesnshit:

I'm sat typing this message in my favorite restaurant right now.
paulthurrott

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm

paulthurrott wrote:
paulthurrott wrote:At least once a week, sometimes twice or three times in a week.

I ended up eating at Nandos last Friday night instead. :gigglesnshit:

I'm sat typing this message in my favorite restaurant right now.

In nearly twenty five years of being online I never did it outside of my house!
Be a bit like taking the telly everywhere.
Why do people do it?
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms