Royal Mail

A right load of bollocks...

Royal Mail

Postby Gabby » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:53 pm

Stooo… what’s going on?…. 3 times in a number of weeks I’ve posted birthday cards, all 1st class and they still hadn’t arrived 4 days later!! :grrrrr:… WTAF?… what’s the point of posting 1st class?…. what happened to the days when a 1st class card arrived the next day? :dunno:… it’s so frustrating!!….. also, we used to get mail most days, now lucky if we get some twice a week!… any idea? :again?:
Gabby

Re: Royal Mail

Postby Stooo » Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:42 pm

I had a training session which outlined my responses on SM about the company just last Friday at work, compulsory sign in which means that if you do fuck up and they find you then it's P45 time :ooer: I know the reasons as does every other union rep in the country.

I have to be very careful with this sort of stuff but the info is pretty easy to find.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:23 pm

Gabby wrote:Stooo… what’s going on?…. 3 times in a number of weeks I’ve posted birthday cards, all 1st class and they still hadn’t arrived 4 days later!! :grrrrr:… WTAF?… what’s the point of posting 1st class?…. what happened to the days when a 1st class card arrived the next day? :dunno:… it’s so frustrating!!….. also, we used to get mail most days, now lucky if we get some twice a week!… any idea? :again?:

It was only 10-15 years ago you'd get 2 deliveries a day. First class stamp meant morning delivery, second class was the afternoon delivery.

It's all turned to shit now though. They seem more concerned about shoving a load of flyers through your letterbox than delivering important mail within a reasonable time

They prioritise parcels and packets over letters anyway, so try to do anything important online.
Red Okktober

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:39 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Gabby wrote:Stooo… what’s going on?…. 3 times in a number of weeks I’ve posted birthday cards, all 1st class and they still hadn’t arrived 4 days later!! :grrrrr:… WTAF?… what’s the point of posting 1st class?…. what happened to the days when a 1st class card arrived the next day? :dunno:… it’s so frustrating!!….. also, we used to get mail most days, now lucky if we get some twice a week!… any idea? :again?:

It was only 10-15 years ago you'd get 2 deliveries a day. First class stamp meant morning delivery, second class was the afternoon delivery.

It's all turned to shit now though. They seem more concerned about shoving a load of flyers through your letterbox than delivering important mail within a reasonable time

They prioritise parcels and packets over letters anyway, so try to do anything important online.

Using a franking machine adds speed to delivery times.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:52 pm

What's really added speed is text and email.
Snail mail may well have been timed by morning and afternoon post but times have changed and the mail gets there in a nanosecond.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:03 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:What's really added speed is text and email.
Snail mail may well have been timed by morning and afternoon post but times have changed and the mail gets there in a nanosecond.

Online Xmas and Birthday cards are shite!

There’s still a place for good old fashioned Mail.

Postcards were great, it’s a shame they can’t be resurrected with new tech.

Think of all the stamp collectors.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:17 pm

i'M OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER TEENAGE BOYS RIDING gpo MOTORBIKES delivering telegrams but when their days were numbered that was it.
You can't expect time and money to be invested into a dying business model forever.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:35 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:i'M OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER TEENAGE BOYS RIDING gpo MOTORBIKES delivering telegrams but when their days were numbered that was it.
You can't expect time and money to be invested into a dying business model forever.

It sounds like all the deliveroo, getir, ubereats, etc moped riders delivering meals these days, because people can’t be arsed to cook.
New Builds won’t need kitchens soon either, people will just continue to press a few buttons on their phones and meals just appear.
The death of kitchens :mrgreen:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Holly » Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:32 pm

It's the same in NZ.

I used to get mail from Europe within 4 to 5 days, now I'm lucky if I get it in a month.
We have no more express mail, and mail delivery is only 3 times a week now.

Sending a birthday card to a place just an hour away could take 3 to 4 days :roll:
If you need your cards to be there the next day, you'll literally have to send it by courier.
They have cut more than half the staff in the last few years.

Courier service is excellent, I sometimes order organic vegetables from a market garden 180 km away, when I can't get them in my local shops.
If I order them in the morning, they are here in the afternoon.

I still like to send cards for various occasions, email or text just isn't the same.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:12 pm

Holly wrote:It's the same in NZ.

I used to get mail from Europe within 4 to 5 days, now I'm lucky if I get it in a month.

Sending a birthday card to a place just an hour away could take 3 to 4 days :roll:
If you need your cards to be there the next day, you'll literally have to send it by courier.

Courier service is excellent, I sometimes order organic vegetables from a market garden 180 km away, when I can't get them in my local shops.

I still like to send cards for various occasions, email or text just isn't the same.

Exactly! What woman relish’s an email on Valentine’s Day?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:26 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Is that a nice business opportunity for you both there?
Get onto the bank manager in the morning...
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Holly » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:41 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Now that's a thought .
Lordy, are you in?
There's money to be made :laughing:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:25 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:i'M OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER TEENAGE BOYS RIDING gpo MOTORBIKES delivering telegrams but when their days were numbered that was it.

Well there is always Whatsapp... :doomed:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Middens » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:18 pm

My postie is brilliant. He gets pissed off when he comes back from a few days off and finds that only the signed for stuff has been delivered and there's a big pile of normal mail waiting on him. There seems to be a lack of cover in some places.
Middens

Postby LordRaven » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:30 pm

Holly wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Now that's a thought .
Lordy, are you in?
There's money to be made :laughing:

Valentines cards, Easter, Christmas, Birthday, Weddings etc etc, and obviously the cards relating to the dearly departed.

Emails just don’t cut it.

Moonpig made a bomb out of personalised cards.
LordRaven
Twat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms