Gabby wrote:
Sweet, cos I thought of you when searching for one! :pmsl:

You utter twat :pmsl: :twirl:

Likewise! :NAA:
Gabby

Re: Royal Mail

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:I had a training session which outlined my responses on SM about the company just last Friday at work, compulsory sign in which means that if you do fuck up and they find you then it's P45 time :ooer: I know the reasons as does every other union rep in the country.

I have to be very careful with this sort of stuff but the info is pretty easy to find.

It’s an absolute shit service… the card I posted 1st class on the 17th for 22nd birthday still hasn’t arrived??…. probably an employer opening cards in the hope there is money inside! :shake head:… don’t deny it happens within the organisation! :roll:

That’s nothing Gabby, read this…

“The longest time elapsed between a letter being posted and its delivery is 89 years. In 2008, Janet Barrett, a guest-house owner in Weymouth, Dorset, UK, received the letter – an RSVP to a Boxing Day party invitation, which had been posted on 29 November 1919.

The message inside read: “Dear Percy, Many thanks for the invitation, be delighted. See you on the 26th December. Regards Buffy,” and was delivered in a plastic bag with a note from the Royal Mail (the UK postal service) apologizing for any damage – but offering no explanation for the inordinately long delay.”

https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/wo ... stal-delay

I can only hope Buffy met Percy all those years ago :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:59 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:I had a training session which outlined my responses on SM about the company just last Friday at work, compulsory sign in which means that if you do fuck up and they find you then it's P45 time :ooer: I know the reasons as does every other union rep in the country.

I have to be very careful with this sort of stuff but the info is pretty easy to find.

It’s an absolute shit service… the card I posted 1st class on the 17th for 22nd birthday still hasn’t arrived??…. probably an employer opening cards in the hope there is money inside! :shake head:… don’t deny it happens within the organisation! :roll:

“The longest time elapsed between a letter being posted and its delivery is 89 years. In 2008, Janet Barrett, a guest-house owner in Weymouth, Dorset, UK, received the letter – an RSVP to a Boxing Day party invitation, which had been posted on 29 November 1919.

The message inside read: “Dear Percy, Many thanks for the invitation, be delighted. See you on the 26th December. Regards Buffy,” and was delivered in a plastic bag with a note from the Royal Mail (the UK postal service) apologizing for any damage – but offering no explanation for the inordinately long delay.”

Strike action?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:40 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Strike action?

Or some postman was jealous of Percy and hid Buffy’s RSVP :awesome:

Strange things happen.

He must have then posted it using his mobility scooter years later. :pmsl:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Gabby » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:15 pm

Your parcel will be delivered between 0858 and 1258….. it arrives at 4pm (twice)…. :again?:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:43 pm

Gabby wrote:Your parcel will be delivered between 0858 and 1258….. it arrives at 4pm (twice)…. :again?:

If you're on my route I'll bash your back doors in to make a delivery on time :wubwub:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:52 pm

Stooo wrote:
Gabby wrote:Your parcel will be delivered between 0858 and 1258….. it arrives at 4pm (twice)…. :again?:

If you're on my route I'll bash your back doors in to make a delivery on time :wubwub:

You uncouth swine!!!!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:48 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You uncouth swine!!!!

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds :whistle:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:09 am

Stooo wrote:

You can but dream…. :bum:
Gabby

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 pm

Had a refund on next day guaranteed by 1pm :yess: which actually took 2 days :again?:

To be fair they issue a refund really quickly, within days.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:31 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Had a refund on next day guaranteed by 1pm :yess: which actually took 2 days :again?:

To be fair they issue a refund really quickly, within days.

And they get loads of shit down the phones. I thought about going on the phones for about 3 seconds once, a long time ago :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:30 pm

With the festive season fast approaching, and the Christmas cards and presents being mailed, I’m wondering if the royal mail take on extra workers to be able to cope?

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:38 pm

Guest wrote:With the festive season fast approaching, and the Christmas cards and presents being mailed, I’m wondering if the royal mail take on extra workers to be able to cope?

Well yeah, seasonal work is on the website :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:With the festive season fast approaching, and the Christmas cards and presents being mailed, I’m wondering if the royal mail take on extra workers to be able to cope?

Well yeah, seasonal work is on the website :thumbsup:

Asylum seekers, bored out of their tits in hotels, but only those with good English skills ought to be given an opportunity to make some money then.
It would be good for their soul to feel useful.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms