What's on the menu tonight? Course 11

A right load of bollocks...

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 10

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:52 am

Stooo wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
I wondered how you got on :laughing:

I'll do a toad tomorrow probably in the cast iron skillet after frying the sausages until the very last moment :drool:

Buggered up scraping it out but lesson learned, use a thin baking tray in the future. It's been a while :shame:

That looks really good, ignore any alleged fuck ups, it’s turned out alright.

The art of cooking is timing and yours looks as through it all came together at the right time.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:00 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Control and consumption are nothing like the same for a T2.
What kind of control would enable him to enjoy white bread and red wine?

How many beers is 1 slice of white bread worth? He's happy enough to sink a skinful of alcohol. :dunno:

In the diabetes world white bread is often referred to as liquid beer.
Beer/lager is one of the worst things a T2 can consume.
There is no way his blood glucose is under any kind of control.
Dead man walking or limb loss eye loss heart attack blind man walking.
T2 is a killer disease and it usually kills you one limb at a time if not taken seriously and sadly Lordy does not take it seriously.

White bread, crackers, rice, cereal, pasta, spuds etc etc etc, they’re really not good for sugar levels.

Beers are prone to make sugar levels rise, but then drop as the alcohol metabolises in the system, and it then works like insulin. Weird huh.

I’ve a monitor on my arm, with high and low alarms, designed to keep me in check.

They sometimes wake me in the middle of the night to take action, and it’s no big deal.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:04 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Control and consumption are nothing like the same for a T2.
What kind of control would enable him to enjoy white bread and red wine?

How many beers is 1 slice of white bread worth? He's happy enough to sink a skinful of alcohol. :dunno:

In the diabetes world white bread is often referred to as liquid beer.
Beer/lager is one of the worst things a T2 can consume.
There is no way his blood glucose is under any kind of control.
Dead man walking or limb loss eye loss heart attack blind man walking.
T2 is a killer disease and it usually kills you one limb at a time if not taken seriously and sadly Lordy does not take it seriously.

White bread, crackers, rice, cereal, pasta, spuds etc etc etc, they’re really not good for sugar levels.

Beers are prone to make sugar levels rise, but then drop as the alcohol metabolises in the system, and it then works like insulin. Weird huh.

I’ve a monitor on my arm, with high and low alarms, designed to keep me in check.

They sometimes wake me in the middle of the night to take action, and it’s no big deal.

Beers are carb heavy without enough alcohol to have much effect in acting like insulin.
Whiskey and other spirits are almost carb free and high in alcohol which is high enough to lower blood sugars often.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:13 pm

1–4. Beer
Generally speaking, low carb beers may have up to 37% fewer calories and 80% fewer carbs than regular beers

Here are some of the most popular low-carb beer options.

1. Miller Lite
Miller Lite is an American-style light lager made with barley malt and corn syrup, among other ingredients.

However, it contains only 3.2 grams of carbohydrates in a standard 12-ounce (360-mL) can or bottle, compared with 12 grams for the same serving in regular Miller beers (10).

According to online consumer reviews, people also think it has a great aroma and flavor. Thus, it may be a popular choice during hot summer months.

2. Coors Light
Coors is another of America’s favorite beer brands. It also has a low carb version suitable for people with diabetes.

Like Miller Lite, Coors Light is an American-style light lager. It provides 5 grams of carbs per 12-ounce (360-mL) bottle.

In contrast, standard options, such as Coors Banquet, provide almost 12 grams of carbs per bottle

Reviews often describe this beer as refreshing, easy to drink, and not too filling due to its lower carb count.

3. Bud Lite
Bud Lite is another low carb beer that provides fewer than 5 grams of carbs per serving.

With 4.6 grams of carbs per 12-ounce (360-mL) serving, it provides roughly 50% fewer carbs than a regular Budweiser

Bud Lite is known for being slightly sweet. However, some consumer reviews say it tastes a bit bland.

4. Busch
Busch beers are good alternatives for people with diabetes due to the low carb content of most of the brand’s products — including their beers that are not branded as low carb.

For instance, a 12-ounce (360-mL) serving of regular Busch contains just 7 grams of carbs, while the same serving sizes of Busch Ice and Busch Light provide 4.2 and 3.2 grams, respectively

People also seem to enjoy Busch beers on hot summer days.

SUMMARY
Low carb beer is a better option than regular beer for people with diabetes who want to enjoy a cold brew now and then.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-alcohol-for-diabetics#beer
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:41 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:1–4. Beer
Generally speaking, low carb beers may have up to 37% fewer calories and 80% fewer carbs than regular beers

Here are some of the most popular low-carb beer options.

1. Miller Lite
Miller Lite is an American-style light lager made with barley malt and corn syrup, among other ingredients.

However, it contains only 3.2 grams of carbohydrates in a standard 12-ounce (360-mL) can or bottle, compared with 12 grams for the same serving in regular Miller beers (10).

According to online consumer reviews, people also think it has a great aroma and flavor. Thus, it may be a popular choice during hot summer months.

2. Coors Light
Coors is another of America’s favorite beer brands. It also has a low carb version suitable for people with diabetes.

Like Miller Lite, Coors Light is an American-style light lager. It provides 5 grams of carbs per 12-ounce (360-mL) bottle.

In contrast, standard options, such as Coors Banquet, provide almost 12 grams of carbs per bottle

Reviews often describe this beer as refreshing, easy to drink, and not too filling due to its lower carb count.

3. Bud Lite
Bud Lite is another low carb beer that provides fewer than 5 grams of carbs per serving.

With 4.6 grams of carbs per 12-ounce (360-mL) serving, it provides roughly 50% fewer carbs than a regular Budweiser

Bud Lite is known for being slightly sweet. However, some consumer reviews say it tastes a bit bland.

4. Busch
Busch beers are good alternatives for people with diabetes due to the low carb content of most of the brand’s products — including their beers that are not branded as low carb.

For instance, a 12-ounce (360-mL) serving of regular Busch contains just 7 grams of carbs, while the same serving sizes of Busch Ice and Busch Light provide 4.2 and 3.2 grams, respectively

People also seem to enjoy Busch beers on hot summer days.

SUMMARY
Low carb beer is a better option than regular beer for people with diabetes who want to enjoy a cold brew now and then.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/best-alcohol-for-diabetics#beer

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: What's on the menu tonight? Course 11

Postby LordRaven » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Pork pie, etc! Craving. :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:55 pm

No meat Salmon seasoned with paprika, lettuce, red onion, peashoots, peas, sweetcorn, tomatoes in an olive oil and mixed herb dressing on a bed of wholegrain rice with pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seed...

... was the plan. Had a chocolate eclair and choc chip muffin instead :gigglesnshit:
Junglejayne

Postby Text » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:03 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Text wrote:A lush green salad [romaine, rocket, cucumber] + beef toms, boiled eggs & ham.
With a small warmed-up ciabatta.

And lashings of ginger beer? :gigglesnshit:

I had 2 small eggs and a thin slice of delicious ham, and yes I thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup: What's the prob?

Maybe you saw the word 'beef' in my post and mistakenly thought there was beef among the ingredients?
No there was no actual beef. When I wrote 'beef toms' I meant the specific type of tomato that I like, cos it can be sliced across and that gives the dish a prettier appearance.

What's your issue here? :dunno: :dunno:
Text

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:10 pm

Text wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Text wrote:A lush green salad [romaine, rocket, cucumber] + beef toms, boiled eggs & ham.

I had 2 small eggs and a thin slice of delicious ham, and yes I thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup: What's the prob?

Maybe you saw the word 'beef' in my post and mistakenly thought there was beef among the ingredients?
No there was no actual beef. When I wrote 'beef toms' I meant the specific type of tomato that I like, cos it can be sliced across and that gives the dish a prettier appearance.

No issue, its an Enid Blyton menu.
Junglejayne

Postby Text » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:33 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Text wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

No issue, its an Enid Blyton menu.

Ah OK.
I last referenced Enid Bylton 8 years ago on here, but I think her time has come & gone now, she can have a rest now cos that ship has sailed lol >> page 3 viewtopic.php?f=22&t=39226&start=30

I spend a bit extra on topnotch ingredients for my salads, best lettuces & mayo etc - cos there's nowt duller than a cheap dull salad. :pointlaugh:
Text

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:56 pm

Lidl spicy chicken strips, chips and greens of some sort (not bogeys).

My new air fryer arrived today, the Fabuletta and it looks retro 80's and is lush :wubbers: This should be a good test apart from the greens of course :grub:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:51 pm

Well that was efficient :ooer:

Everything perfectly cooked in 20 mins :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:10 pm

Stooo wrote:Well that was efficient :ooer:

We keep saying we're going to get one but never seem to get around to it.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:13 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

It's just a one ring electric hob with a fan blowing down from the top.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

It's just a one ring electric hob with a fan blowing down from the top.[/quote

You having this problem?
DO NOT BUY - THE SMELL IS STILL BAD AND DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE GOING. IT HAS PUT US OFF USING THE MACHINE, SO WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED. MY FAMILY CONCLUDE THAT WHILE IT COOKS OKAY, IT IS NOT THAT FAST, SMELLS AND THEREFORE IS NOT APPETISING. THANK YOU!

PLEASE NOTE: the smell is still present with the air fryer and although it seems to be slowly diminishing it is still off putting. UPDATE: The smell still is present and for that reason my recommendation is not as high, it is off putting.
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms