Technology.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Technology.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:44 pm

Holly wrote:Stooo, I wasn't talking about the apocalypse, I meant when the the system goes down temporally due to natural disasters or cyber attacks.
It's good to have cash to carry you over till things are fixed, which might take weeks.

Doesn't matter how many times you explain it Holly.
OK let's go for total or near total collapse of the monetary system.
The black market boys and other crooks then become the monetary system and the best currency going will be silver.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Holly wrote:Stooo, I wasn't talking about the apocalypse, I meant when the the system goes down temporally due to natural disasters or cyber attacks.
It's good to have cash to carry you over till things are fixed, which might take weeks.

The black market boys and other crooks then become the monetary system and the best currency going will be silver.

Bartering might add some relief.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:31 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Yes it would but I don't think the majority of people have much worth bartering in a collapsed system.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:33 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Yes it would but I don't think the majority of people have much worth bartering in a collapsed system.

Agreed, I feel sorry for the crypto lot.
Well, not really.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:35 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Well, not really.

I think the most traded things would be theft intimidation and violence.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:44 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Doesn't matter how many times you explain it Holly.

Well, not really.

Anarchy would do really well.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:50 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Well, not really.

Anarchy would do really well.

If it collapses it won't collapse into a medieval type scene where blokes are walking around in a smock tied at the waste with a cord and a piglet under the arm.
It collapses into chaos and hell while people run hide attack grab... anything to survive a few more hours in a lawless and crumbling wasteland.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:51 pm

My bad.

I've had the same tenner in my wallet for a couple of months. I thought that you were on about a total breakdown of the banking system with an added layer of fiat currency and the overall corruption involved rather than the leccie going off for a few hours at New World :gigglesnshit:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:13 am

Stooo wrote:

My bad.

I've had the same tenner in my wallet for a couple of months. I thought that you were on about a total breakdown of the banking system with an added layer of fiat currency and the overall corruption involved rather than the leccie going off for a few hours at New World :gigglesnshit:

How do you know I shop in New World? :laughing:
It's my local super market, and that's exactly where the system crashed a couple of years ago.
I was glad I had cash on me.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:29 pm

Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:

My bad.

How do you know I shop in New World? :laughing:
It's my local super market, and that's exactly where the system crashed a couple of years ago.
I was glad I had cash on me.

But even if you didn't it would be no big deal, systems reset after a while. The last time that I went to London I didn't use my wallet at all, everything was a phone app including the transport and it was seamless, it would be a PITA to carry a wedge of cash and have to get tickets for everything.
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms