While we were playing with windmills...

A right load of bollocks...

While we were playing with windmills...

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:54 pm

Russia and China were gearing up for the massive gas and oil production from the Arctic circle.
They are now solidly established way ahead of the west.
Asia are booming and roaring like a lion whilst the west quivers and squeaks like a mouse.
Economic warfare by way of sanctions has backfired on us big time.
Don't seem to have done anything to deter Russia from forging ahead with massive investments and engineering projects to leave us in the dust... or in this case the ice.
The only thing that can stop this disaster now for the west is a massive deep freeze in the Arctic circle.
Rolluplostinspace

Re: While we were playing with windmills...

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:58 pm

Something is going to have to change and I'm betting it's the green alarmist bullshit.
I think the story will change as to how CO2 isn't actually as bad as we thought so we might have to rethink all this green bollox.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:23 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Russia and China were gearing up for the massive gas and oil production from the Arctic circle.
Asia are booming and roaring like a lion whilst the west quivers and squeaks like a mouse.
Don't seem to have done anything to deter Russia from forging ahead with massive investments and engineering projects to leave us in the dust... or in this case the ice.
The only thing that can stop this disaster now for the west is a massive deep freeze in the Arctic circle.

Hold on! Our government have signed off a big oilfield?

“The controversial Rosebank offshore development off Shetland has been granted consent by regulators.
Located 80 miles west of Shetland, Rosebank is the UK's largest untapped oil field and is estimated to contain up to 300 million barrels of oil.
Development and production approval has been given to owners Equinor and Ithaca Energy, following reassurances over environmental concerns.
The plan has faced widespread criticism due to its impact on climate change.
Supporters of the project say it is vital for the energy security as it will reduce reliance on imports.
Its owners say it will create about 1,600 jobs during the height of construction, support 450 UK-based jobs during its lifetime, and provide "a significant amount of tax revenues for the treasury".
What is Rosebank and why is it so controversial?
LIVE: Biggest untapped oil field approved by regulators
It comes after the UK government said in July that it would issue hundreds of new licences for oil and gas exploration in the North Sea.
But last month 50 MPs and peers from all major parties raised concerns Rosebank could produce 200 million tonnes of carbon dioxide and urged then Energy Secretary Grant Shapps to block it.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... 933346.amp

The world is a very dangerous place, we need to be ready, we need the funding to be able to protect ourselves.

And if our perceived enemies are gearing up for a long protracted phoney war, then so should we.

Churchill said “if you want peace, prepare for war.”
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:40 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Russia and China were gearing up for the massive gas and oil production from the Arctic circle.

Hold on! Our government have signed off a big oilfield?

“The controversial Rosebank offshore development off Shetland has been granted consent by regulators.
Located 80 miles west of Shetland, Rosebank is the UK's largest untapped oil field and is estimated to contain up to 300 million barrels of oil.
Development and production approval has been given to owners Equinor and Ithaca Energy, following reassurances over environmental concerns.
The plan has faced widespread criticism due to its impact on climate change.
Supporters of the project say it is vital for the energy security as it will reduce reliance on imports.
Its owners say it will create about 1,600 jobs during the height of construction, support 450 UK-based jobs during its lifetime, and provide "a significant amount of tax revenues for the treasury".
What is Rosebank and why is it so controversial?
LIVE: Biggest untapped oil field approved by regulators
It comes after the UK government said in July that it would issue hundreds of new licences for oil and gas exploration in the North Sea.
But last month 50 MPs and peers from all major parties raised concerns Rosebank could produce 200 million tonnes of carbon dioxide and urged then Energy Secretary Grant Shapps to block it.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... 933346.amp

The world is a very dangerous place, we need to be ready, we need the funding to be able to protect ourselves.

And if our perceived enemies are gearing up for a long protracted phoney war, then so should we.

Churchill said “if you want peace, prepare for war.”

Good post Lordy.
I notice the companies involved are Israeli and Norwegian.
I'm glad India and China aren't in there.
The bad news is this will only produce 8% of the UK's energy needs but it won't really because the stuff will all be sold on the world market.
We could do with a huge gas find just now.
200 million tonnes of carbon dioxide over thirty years is a drop in the ocean.
Think back to when coal was king and more or less every building that needed hot water and warmth from houses shops offices bus stations hospitals schools etc were running on coal for a hundred and fifty years and black soot was everywhere... it resulted in the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere going up from 0.03% to 0.04% so it really is nothing more than alarmism.
Asia is currently building over two hundred old fashioned coal fired power stations and the reality is our windmills cannot compete with that.
If we can find gas as well as oil I'll be glad we are independant of Europe and possibly heading into a chance of competing with Asia for a while longer.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:13 pm

My point is that Europe must be wholly sufficient in energy production, it can’t rely on other sources if the shit hits the fan.

Putin made that patently obvious.

The headlong pursuit into net zero will have to take a back seat as we face an obvious threat.

Japan was eventually strangled of natural resources in WW2, as was Germany before it, clearly demonstrating that it would be foolish to stop drilling, stop mining, and go all green.

We won’t be able to defend ourselves with a load of windmills.

We will need to produce planes, ships, tanks/AFV’s, drones, missiles and ammunition plus much much more to defend ourselves if the balloon goes up.

We can’t defend ourselves with electricity. Not yet anyway.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:23 pm

We need plastics too. One of man's best inventions.
We also need drugs and medicines which are mostly made from coal oil and natural gas.
Can't make that stuff from wind.
There's a lot of talk going around about Germany buying gas off Russia right now and even rumours about China being paid billions to fix the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Could be bollox but if that's the way Germany feel they have to go to survive then I see Ukraine getting ditched altogether by the Europeans... bye bye American military bases in Germany. A European army is looking more and more needed. The reality though is no country can keep pouring billions into Ukraine for... how long?
That's our money the American people's money etc.
Putin may well have miscalculated a few things but he's holding on in there and it's looking like the west may also have miscalculated how much money would be needed to keep this war going.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:35 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:We need plastics too. One of man's best inventions.
We also need drugs and medicines which are mostly made from coal oil and natural gas.
Can't make that stuff from wind.
There's a lot of talk going around about Germany buying gas off Russia right now and even rumours about China being paid billions to fix the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Could be bollox but if that's the way Germany feel they have to go to survive then I see Ukraine getting ditched altogether by the Europeans... bye bye American military bases in Germany. A European army is looking more and more needed. The reality though is no country can keep pouring billions into Ukraine for... how long?
That's our money the American people's money etc.
Putin may well have miscalculated a few things but he's holding on in there and it's looking like the west may also have miscalculated how much money would be needed to keep this war going.

If they stop supporting Ukraine, and return to a reliance on Russian energy, then the United West will crumble, NATO will lose cohesion, and Russia will sweep through Ukraine and Moldova.

Europe had better arm itself properly asap, because they’ll be looking across their borders at Russian troops if support for Ukraine fails.

They really have only one choice, and that’s to stop Putin in Ukraine.

Should Trump win the next election in US, people of intelligence will explain this to the ignorant twat!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:37 pm

Bollocks to Just Stop Oil.

Just Stop Putin.

Then people can worry about the environment.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:48 pm

LordRaven wrote:Bollocks to Just Stop Oil.

Just Stop Putin.

Then people can worry about the environment.

The environment where I live must be incredibly healthy as birds of prey fish insects birds foxes hedgehogs wild ducks swans vegetation is all booming!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:52 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Something is going to have to change and I'm betting it's the green alarmist bullshit.
I think the story will change as to how CO2 isn't actually as bad as we thought so we might have to rethink all this green bollox.

The climate is already changing, much faster than was predicted. It won't affect you that much so just ignore it because you will give even less of a shit when they screw the lid down :wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Something is going to have to change and I'm betting it's the green alarmist bullshit.

The climate is already changing, much faster than was predicted. It won't affect you that much so just ignore it because you will give even less of a shit when they screw the lid down :wink:

No it actually isn't going faster than predicted that's part of the bullshit that may well be swept aside soon.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:06 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

No it actually isn't going faster than predicted that's part of the bullshit that may well be swept aside soon.

Just ignore it chap, it will hardly affect you. Stress over something that will :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:22 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Just ignore it chap, it will hardly affect you. Stress over something that will :thumbsup:

Why do you always tell people they are stressed or frightened?
I'm happily waiting for the change in story you believers are going to have to deal with.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:38 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Why do you always tell people they are stressed or frightened?
I'm happily waiting for the change in story you believers are going to have to deal with.

It's not going to be your issue, it's down to your kids and grandkids to deal with or deny now.

Chill out.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Why do you always tell people they are stressed or frightened?

It's not going to be your issue, it's down to your kids and grandkids to deal with or deny now.

Chill out.

OK I get it you're not the slightest bit interested in the truth leave it to your kids and grandkids to deal with!
I'm showing my kids and their kids the science so they aren't frightened by this bullshit.
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms