Russell Brand

A right load of bollocks...

GB 'News' In OFCOM Investigation

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:44 pm

Media regulator Ofcom has launched four new investigations into GB News after complaints that the channel broke impartiality rules.

Three episodes of shows hosted by Conservative MPs are being investigated in relation to a rule that politicians can't normally act as news presenters.

Programmes hosted by Sir Jacob Rees-Mogg, Philip Davies and Esther McVey are among those being examined.

It takes the number of active Ofcom investigations into GB News to seven.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66426544

When your second job earns more than your first job then it is no longer your second job.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: GB 'News' In OFCOM Investigation

Postby Cannydc » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:11 pm

About time too.

They are either a news station or not, and their horrendous bias is unforgivable.

Shut them (and Talk TV) down.
Cannydc

Re: GB 'News' In OFCOM Investigation

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:21 pm

Cannydc wrote:About time too.

They are either a news station or not, and their horrendous bias is unforgivable.

Shut them (and Talk TV) down.

They're not registered as news but oddly share the same place on the news channel MUX and placement on the TV guide as proper news channels, OFCOM doesn't GAS for some reason despite me having more Twitter followers than they have viewers for most of the day :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Russell Brand

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:52 pm

Stooo
Site Admin

Re: Russell Brand

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:00 pm

I absolutely cannot stand that cunt, but I strongly believe no one should be named under these circumstances.

It there's sufficient evidence, then charge him and take him to court. If found guilty, name him then, but only then.
Red Okktober

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:01 pm

I just posted on the TV thread about this but no idea what to think about it. It's on the ITV news now.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:06 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I absolutely cannot stand that cunt, but I strongly believe no one should be named under these circumstances.

It there's sufficient evidence, then charge him and take him to court. If found guilty, name him then, but only then.

I agree, i don't believe in this 'outing' of people before a police investigation and arrest, that includes members of the public as well. It's ruined innocent people's lives before..
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:12 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:I just posted on the TV thread about this but no idea what to think about it. It's on the ITV news now.

Are you going to be watching?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:15 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I agree, i don't believe in this 'outing' of people before a police investigation and arrest, that includes members of the public as well. It's ruined innocent people's lives before..

I don't know how it's allowed tbh.

Anyone can accuse anyone else of absolutely any crime, and if it's historical, with very little chance of evidence proving it either way, then the mud tends to stick, and the accuser will get off scot free even if they have told a pack of lies.

I'm not suggesting anyone's lying in this case, but they could be. Who knows?
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:17 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I absolutely cannot stand that cunt, but I strongly believe no one should be named under these circumstances.

I think that he's a wet slap too but this is perfectly permissible under our freedom of the press laws otherwise they wouldn't do it.

My Booky fucking Wook was a crime against literature...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Middens » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:27 pm

What's the point of watching? It'll be designed to make us angry, whether you believe the women who say he's a sleaze or you believe him that he's a victim of a global illuminati setup.

Pass it onto the police and let them deal with it. I can't stand the guy anyway.
Middens

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:43 pm

In plain site was apt, we all saw it and put it down to randy Russell.

It makes you think of the Trump quote: “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:07 pm

Stooo wrote:In plain site was apt, we all saw it and put it down to randy Russell.

It makes you think of the Trump quote: “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.”

I always thought he was weird but it became acceptable. They didn't let the various agencies of the hook did they, saying they were responsible for allowing it.
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:17 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Stooo wrote:In plain site was apt, we all saw it and put it down to randy Russell.

I always thought he was weird but it became acceptable. They didn't let the various agencies of the hook did they, saying they were responsible for allowing it.

Shades of Savile.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:24 pm

Stooo wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Shades of Savile.

Protecting him whilst the Saville horrors were being discovered. He's not worked on TV for a while, so they were taking some sort of action, even if it was to do nothing.
Junglejayne

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms