If this is justice, I’m a banana!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: If this is justice, I’m a banana!

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Nice try, but a massive fail.

You posted it.

Bit of a crap thread really, the lambs were going to die anyway. Hung up by their back legs with no chance of escape and only alive for profit that the farmer can sue for after the loss of his property.

Luv me lambs...

You clearly don’t understand animal husbandry and the inevitable sadness for farmers to feed your face.
No big surprise.
You clearly, with your politics of envy always, stance, only think the worst of others.

Will the farmer get compensated? Yes.

Were the fluffy lambs due for slaughter and dinner? Yes.

Is this more divisive bollocks pedalled by people with too much time on their hands? Yes.

Get a hobby :again?:

So you’re all for Pubs popping up called “The slaughtered Lamb.”
And you think Farmers are rich Cunts, fuck them and their livestock!
Your politics of envy shine through, what a fake you are!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:50 pm

The Shepherd warns the lamb about the wolf.
Then the shepherd puts the lamb in a pie.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:55 am

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You posted it.

Bit of a crap thread really, the lambs were going to die anyway. Hung up by their back legs with no chance of escape and only alive for profit that the farmer can sue for after the loss of his property.

Luv me lambs...

You clearly don’t understand animal husbandry and the inevitable sadness for farmers to feed your face.
No big surprise.
You clearly, with your politics of envy always, stance, only think the worst of others.

WTF

we knew a sheep farmer back in the day and he always said 'if you farmed sheep you'd understand why they have to die'

I think he was joking :ooer:

but in seriousness there is no place for sentiment in farming, animals have to be good to make money or they have no place there

farmers are pretty sad, but that is due to a massive decline in income, nothing to do with an "inevitable sadness for farmers to feed your face"

you've lost the plot
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:07 am

Should we be concerned about how animals are treated on the farm?
Melisa: I love hearing that people care about the well-being and treatment of animals. Farmers, as a whole, have great respect for their livestock and treat them very well. Unfortunately, there are a few bad apples, but this is not representative of American agriculture. Farmers take great pride in the care and well-being of their herds or flocks. Ask any livestock farmer about their animal care practices, and you’re likely to get the full story!

Q: Are animals raised for food treated humanely?Melisa: I will say with great confidence that almost all livestock farmers are in this industry because they care about the well-being of their animals. They want their animals to be comfortable, healthy and growing. That can’t happen with mistreatment. Not to mention — most of us could never stomach mistreating an animal. We often take care of our animals long before we feed or care for ourselves.

https://nebraskacorn.gov/cornstalk/animals/animal-care/
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:09 am

Holly wrote:
Melisa: I love hearing that people care about the well-being and treatment of animals. Farmers, as a whole, have great respect for their livestock and treat them very well. Unfortunately, there are a few bad apples, but this is not representative of American agriculture. Farmers take great pride in the care and well-being of their herds or flocks. Ask any livestock farmer about their animal care practices, and you’re likely to get the full story!

Q: Are animals raised for food treated humanely?Melisa: I will say with great confidence that almost all livestock farmers are in this industry because they care about the well-being of their animals. They want their animals to be comfortable, healthy and growing. That can’t happen with mistreatment. Not to mention — most of us could never stomach mistreating an animal. We often take care of our animals long before we feed or care for ourselves.

I would say good farmers care for their animals while they're alive.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:12 am

of course they care for their animals, that isn't the same as sentiment, it makes financial sense to look after your animals

it is also morally the right thing to do, the emphasis should always be on giving the animal the best possible life and ethically produced farm goods are the way to go

but there is no place for sentiment in farming

How do you feel about veal?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:11 am

HobbitFeet wrote:of course they care for their animals, that isn't the same as sentiment, it makes financial sense to look after your animals

it is also morally the right thing to do, the emphasis should always be on giving the animal the best possible life and ethically produced farm goods are the way to go

but there is no place for sentiment in farming

How do you feel about veal?

How do I feel about veal?
The same as I do for all farm animals.
No matter how long they're allowed to be alive, they should be treated humanly.

I'm not a hypocrite, I love my meat, we are after all carnivorous, but I would love to know that the animal I'm eating was treated well while alive, and humanly killed, no matter what animal it is.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:31 am

I suppse veal uses up the 'waste' product from the dairy industry

would I prefer they were slaughtered at 4 days or kept confined till they are 8/9 months - either way they are removed from their mothers at a very early age, and for me that is the cruelty not the slaughtering, and as veal crates are mainly illegal now it isn't the raising that is the problem

there is nothing natural about veal farming but without the dairy industry it wouldn't exist and it is cruel both to the mother and the calf

I drink milk but I don't eat veal - so maybe we're all hypocrites

However, there is still no room for SENTIMENT in large scale farming
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:46 am

What did the judge do wrong in this case for it to be injustice? The dog owner was found guilty, fined and banned from keeping dogs for five years. I don't see what more the judge could have done but LordRaven insists there hasn't been justice. :dunno:

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:52 am

Holly wrote:
Holly wrote:

I would say good farmers care for their animals while they're alive.

That’s correct, they do care about, and for, their livestock whilst they are alive, and until such time as they go to the abattoir.
There’s a genuine sense of joy seeing the birth of new livestock, sheep, cattle, chickens, whatever, and tearing them.
I’ve seen many adopted as pets. It’s really odd to see a pet sheep, but it happens because people can grow attached to certain animals.
We had bantams when I was growing up, they were great for fresh eggs, and watching fluffy little hatchlings grow into adulthood.

That aside, this thread has evolved into a discussion about the consumption of meat, which is interesting, and could perhaps lead to heated discussions.

One other thing about farmers, they often have their farming equipment ransacked and stolen by thieving bastards.
It’s a tough old life, with early riding, long days, and tiring work.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:55 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You posted it.

Luv me lambs...

No big surprise.

WTF

we knew a sheep farmer back in the day and he always said 'if you farmed sheep you'd understand why they have to die'

but in seriousness there is no place for sentiment in farming, animals have to be good to make money or they have no place there

farmers are pretty sad, but that is due to a massive decline in income, nothing to do with an "inevitable sadness for farmers to feed your face"

you've lost the plot

Calm down dear, it’s only a forum.
Take your hypertension meds and relax, before you blow a blood vessel.

I was watching a programme recently about the Lake District, part of which covered hill farming.
The farmer involved explained how difficult it was, how income had declined and it was a struggle to keep going.
However, the views were spectacular.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:08 am

LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You posted it.

Luv me lambs...

No big surprise.

WTF

you've lost the plot

I was watching a programme recently about the Lake District, part of which covered hill farming.
The farmer involved explained how difficult it was, how income had declined and it was a struggle to keep going.

what on earth is this deflection

where exactly in my post do I appear not to be calm?

is it the part where I got asked to show my passport by a Californian highway patrol officer at Miami airport :roll:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:34 am

HobbitFeet wrote:I suppse veal uses up the 'waste' product from the dairy industry

would I prefer they were slaughtered at 4 days or kept confined till they are 8/9 months - either way they are removed from their mothers at a very early age, and for me that is the cruelty not the slaughtering, and as veal crates are mainly illegal now it isn't the raising that is the problem

there is nothing natural about veal farming but without the dairy industry it wouldn't exist and it is cruel both to the mother and the calf

Maybe that's the reason why we can't get veal very often in NZ.
In all the years I have been here, I was only able to get veal twice.
Maybe they send them overseas?

What I do remember though was a scandal involving live animals being shipped to the middle east.
An undercover person recorded what's going on.

They grabbed those little calves by the hind legs and threw them on the truck like they were just dead weight.
No doubt they were thrown again on the ship.
It was pretty brutal and very upsetting.

Finally export of live animals by sea has come to and end in NZ.

As I said, I'm a meat eater, but I don't ever want an animal to be mistreated.
Nothing to do with being sentimental.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:58 am

Holly wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:I suppse veal uses up the 'waste' product from the dairy industry

Maybe that's the reason why we can't get veal very often in NZ.
In all the years I have been here, I was only able to get veal twice.
Maybe they send them overseas?

What I do remember though was a scandal involving live animals being shipped to the middle east.
An undercover person recorded what's going on.

They grabbed those little calves by the hind legs and threw them on the truck like they were just dead weight.
No doubt they were thrown again on the ship.
It was pretty brutal and very upsetting.

Finally export of live animals by sea has come to and end in NZ.

As I said, I'm a meat eater, but I don't ever want an animal to be mistreated.
Nothing to do with being sentimental.

I agree with that, have you seen what the Chinese do :kinell:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:05 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
You posted it.

Luv me lambs...

No big surprise.

WTF

you've lost the plot

what on earth is this deflection

where exactly in my post do I appear not to be calm?

is it the part where I got asked to show my passport by a Californian highway patrol officer at Miami airport :roll:

Our minds always look for similarities when observing, but I guess you are incapable of comprehending that, so please allow me to put you in the Rembrandt…

https://www.google.com/search?q=erik+es ... ywy26qQqnM

Have a look at the link to help you in this matter :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms