If this is justice, I’m a banana!

A right load of bollocks...

If this is justice, I’m a banana!

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:03 am

“Two XL bully dogs shot dead after killing 22 pregnant sheep - as owner fined
David Hughes, 26, from Rhosllanerchrugog, North Wales, was ordered to pay £900 in fines after admitting an offence of being in charge of a dog dangerously out of control.

The dogs were killed by the owner of the farm, near Wrexham, after they escaped from their home and began attacking the livestock.

The farmer was unable to get the dogs under control - despite several attempts - and opened fire after one became aggressive towards him.

Police say the financial cost of the incident, which took place in March, amounted to more than £14,000 for the farmer.

The owner of the two dogs has since been ordered to pay £900 in fines after admitting to an offence of being in charge of a dog dangerously out of control.

David Hughes, 26, from Rhosllanerchrugog, North Wales, also admitted to an offence of being the owner of a dog worrying livestock.

Hughes appeared at Wrexham Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, where he was banned from keeping dogs for five years.

PC Chris James said: "I welcome this result after what was a horrific scene for the victim, who is still suffering the effects of the incident today.

"The emotional and financial impact on the farmer has been considerable.“

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/two-xl-b ... d-12953798

This is disgusting, the costs to the farmer is £14,000 and the dog owner only received a £900 fine!

How is that justice?

22 pregnant sheep slaughtered by 2, supposedly, domesticated pets

I can’t imagine the level of upset the farmer experienced upon seeing his stock savagely killed, but I do feel he did the right thing by slaughtering the bastards.
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: If this is justice, I’m a banana!

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:31 pm

LordRaven wrote:
This is disgusting, the costs to the farmer is £14,000 and the dog owner only received a £900 fine!

How is that justice?

I can’t imagine the level of upset the farmer experienced upon seeing his stock savagely killed, but I do feel he did the right thing by slaughtering the bastards.

The police would have shot them too had they been called. I don't condone animal killing, but what choice did the farmer have? I imagine he's lost far more to foxes over the years though.
Junglejayne

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:49 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

How is that justice?

The police would have shot them too had they been called. I don't condone animal killing, but what choice did the farmer have? I imagine he's lost far more to foxes over the years though.

It’s why foxes are still hunted with shotguns, lambs, piglets, chickens etc etc, but not full grown adult pregnant sheep.

I blame the owner for the death of the dogs, not the farmer.

Lambing season is always a precarious time for them, with foxes who naturally prey on lambs, but to have two vicious dogs slaughtering pregnant sheep is something I find repugnant.

As much as I don’t like seeing “man’s best friend”killed, I am convinced the farmer was wholly justified.

He lost £14k and the dogs owner got fined £900, which is not justice imo.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:04 pm

He is now open to sue Mr Hughes for costs in the County Court, the criminal aspect has been dealt with by the Criminal Court.

The fact that he has been convicted pretty much ensures that he will win.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:19 pm

Stooo wrote:He is now open to sue Mr Hughes for costs in the County Court, the criminal aspect has been dealt with by the Criminal Court.

I do hope he gets recompense, because £900 for what damage he was responsible before is truly pathetic.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:19 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

How is that justice?

Over many years. To lose that many sheep especially pregnant ones in a moment doesn't happen with foxes.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:21 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:He is now open to sue Mr Hughes for costs in the County Court, the criminal aspect has been dealt with by the Criminal Court.

I do hope he gets recompense, because £900 for what damage he was responsible before is truly pathetic.

P.S. I’ve used the online courts myself, they’re excellent, because if the offenders don’t pay up, it’s escalated to a telephone hearing. Then the idiots make arses of themselves and money is won.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:41 pm

LordRaven wrote:

The fine was for the criminal offence which proves the civil offence that he can sue for, it's pretty simple and straightforward.

If you just want some hate against weapons-grade attack animals then just come out with it instead of fannying around :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:11 am

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

The fine was for the criminal offence which proves the civil offence that he can sue for, it's pretty simple and straightforward.

If you just want some hate against weapons-grade attack animals then just come out with it instead of fannying around :dunno:

What a ridiculous thing to say, given you yourself started a “hate thread” against this particular breed not long ago.

For myself, having been raised in the countryside, and having worked for local farmers for cash on various jobs on weekends during my school years, including during lambing season, I just think it’s a great waste of 22 ewes and their unborn lambs, plus two dogs.

I don’t even hate the dog’s owner, I just think he’s an irresponsible twat and that he should be punished by paying a substantial sum for his stupidity.

How can you put a price on life though, how can anyone possibly be properly recompensed for 44 lives, in time and money, because it’ll take a while to replace them.

It’s tragic.

It’s
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:26 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

What a ridiculous thing to say, given you yourself started a “hate thread” against this particular breed not long ago.

For myself, having been raised in the countryside, and having worked for local farmers for cash on various jobs on weekends during my school years, including during lambing season, I just think it’s a great waste of 22 ewes and their unborn lambs, plus two dogs.

I don’t even hate the dog’s owner, I just think he’s an irresponsible twat and that he should be punished by paying a substantial sum for his stupidity.

How can you put a price on life though, how can anyone possibly be properly recompensed for 44 lives, in time and money, because it’ll take a while to replace them.

It’s tragic.

It’s

Monty Pythons Flying Circus? :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:07 pm

Nice try, but a massive fail.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:19 pm

LordRaven wrote:Nice try, but a massive fail.

What is it you think the judge got wrong here?

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:20 pm

You posted it.

Bit of a crap thread really, the lambs were going to die anyway. Hung up by their back legs with no chance of escape and only alive for profit that the farmer can sue for after the loss of his property.

Luv me lambs...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:25 pm

Stooo wrote:

You posted it.

Bit of a crap thread really, the lambs were going to die anyway. Hung up by their back legs with no chance of escape and only alive for profit that the farmer can sue for after the loss of his property.

Luv me lambs...

You clearly don’t understand animal husbandry and the inevitable sadness for farmers to feed your face.
No big surprise.
You clearly, with your politics of envy always, stance, only think the worst of others.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:32 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

You posted it.

Luv me lambs...

You clearly don’t understand animal husbandry and the inevitable sadness for farmers to feed your face.
No big surprise.
You clearly, with your politics of envy always, stance, only think the worst of others.

Will the farmer get compensated? Yes.

Were the fluffy lambs due for slaughter and dinner? Yes.

Is this more divisive bollocks pedalled by people with too much time on their hands? Yes.

Get a hobby :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms