Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

A right load of bollocks...

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Postby Cobs » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:42 pm

He must be toast.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66621772
Jenni Hermoso says she did not consent to be kissed by Spanish football federation president Luis Rubiales - as 81 players confirm they will not play for Spain's women's team until he is removed from his post.

(Is there a crotch grab smiley?)
Cobs

Re: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Postby Text » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:39 pm

Especially not for a French kiss!! :smilin:
Text

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:27 am

Text wrote:Especially not for a French kiss!! :smilin:

This story is getting quite nasty now.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:19 pm

Thank goodness that this is finally drifting out of the news because it is boring me to tears and seeing it on every cycle and discussion prog has been extremely monotonous. :roll:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:34 pm

An investigation is being launched :bell: :bell: :bell:

His ass is grass! :shoot:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:15 pm

Cobs wrote:He must be toast.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66621772
Jenni Hermoso says she did not consent to be kissed by Spanish football federation president Luis Rubiales - as 81 players confirm they will not play for Spain's women's team until he is removed from his post.

(Is there a crotch grab smiley?)

Grafenwalder

Postby Text » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:26 pm

Stooo wrote:Thank goodness that this is finally drifting out of the news because it is boring me to tears and seeing it on every cycle and discussion prog has been extremely monotonous. :roll:

I agree 100%. I think the OP agrees too.

For me, it's not so much the "monotony" it's the absolute predictability of it all. It was a dead cert they'd make a meal out of the incident,
and use it as a lightning rod to settle all their 101 grievances - unequal pay, better working conditions or whatever. Poor optics are a powerful weapon and they're not going to waste such a golden opportunity and I don't blame them at all .... I'm just not very interested, that's all.
Text

Postby Text » Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:30 pm

LordRaven wrote:

The only reason I posted in this thread was cos I hate seeing threads with no replies, :mrgreen: so after a day or 2 (or even a week or 2, in some cases) I sometimes try to kickstart things.

And since the thread title sounds a bit like the 1st line of a meme or song or whatever, I tried to add the 2nd line.

It did bring in more posts. RESULT!! :yess:
Text

Postby ArchieG » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:01 am

Text wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

The only reason I posted in this thread was cos I hate seeing threads with no replies, :mrgreen: so after a day or 2 (or even a week or 2, in some cases) I sometimes try to kickstart things.

And since the thread title sounds a bit like the 1st line of a meme or song or whatever, I tried to add the 2nd line.

Meme? It’s the mostfamous Monty Python quote of them all. Have you not seen ‘sliding doors’? His mother should have used another. He’s not the Messiah, and he’s been a very naughty boy’. Instead of supporting him with her hunger strike.
ArchieG

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:21 am

ArchieG wrote:
Text wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Meme? It’s the mostfamous Monty Python quote of them all. Have you not seen ‘sliding doors’? His mother should have used another. He’s not the Messiah, and he’s been a very naughty boy’. Instead of supporting him with her hunger strike.

I suspect text is probably not a python fan...
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Text » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:11 am

ArchieG wrote:
Text wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I did not watch ANY of it, sorry. (It's the Messiah quote I seem to hear a lot, not the Spanish Inquisition one.)

I did thoroughly enjoy Palin's documentaries but God, that's going back quite a bit!
Thank you Archie. :wubbers:
Text

Postby Text » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:20 pm

Wealdon wrote:Text saves the day again and kindly points it out to all of us just what a trooper she is :awesome:

Sue me! :thumbsup:

When you joined you lied that you know nothing about a moderator on here and said you've never even heard of her.
Yet you subsequently wrote details on here about her private life and previous professions yak yak yak.
Why would you consider anyone's private life as your business anyway?
Crack on! :eyebrow:
Text

Postby LordRaven » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:56 pm

I am wondering Joe the Spanish Sex allegations inquiry is going.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:22 pm

Wealden wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Text wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

That’s a bit unfair - autistic people don’t do well with comedy and certainly not with something as obscure as Python.

St Stephen of Fry is autistic for a start as are many comedians, comedy didn't stop with Roy Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning you know.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:50 pm

LordRaven wrote:I am wondering Joe the Spanish Sex allegations inquiry is going.

♬ ♫ It started with a kiss! ♪ ♫
Text

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms