Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies

Postby Gabby » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:28 pm

Cobs wrote:It's Munchausen syndrome by proxy…

No it isn’t…. Munchausen by Proxy is faking symptoms/illness on another, purely to gain attention for oneself…. she wasn’t doing it for attention!…. she is a pure evil killer! :shake head:
Gabby

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:57 pm

Gabby wrote:

No it isn’t…. Munchausen by Proxy is faking symptoms/illness on another, purely to gain attention for oneself…. she wasn’t doing it for attention!…. she is a pure evil killer! :shake head:

Yes Munchausens is attention seeking where the perpetrator is always conveniently on scene to attempt to save the patient at the final moment. Its their way of saying "look at meeeeeee, i'm very important, very special, this is about meeeeee".

I watched the Panorama special last night and even Criminologist Prof. David Wilson who has worked on thousands of cases, plus many serial killers, was puzzled by her behaviour and said she doesn't even fit the profile of a serial killer. He read the prosecutions opening account and thought, 'is that it?' He assumed there would be much more, but there wasn't.

What surprised me most of all is all her friends are standing by her - until she actually tells them herself she killed the babies. Blind loyalty or just denial? Make your own mind up on that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... who-killed
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:14 pm

I wish she’d explain what she did.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:08 pm

LordRaven wrote:I wish she’d explain what she did.

She's never going to explain why she did something she won't admit in the first place.

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:06 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Yes Munchausens is attention seeking where the perpetrator is always conveniently on scene to attempt to save the patient at the final moment. Its their way of saying "look at meeeeeee, i'm very important, very special, this is about meeeeee".

I watched the Panorama special last night and even Criminologist Prof. David Wilson who has worked on thousands of cases, plus many serial killers, was puzzled by her behaviour and said she doesn't even fit the profile of a serial killer. He read the prosecutions opening account and thought, 'is that it?' He assumed there would be much more, but there wasn't.

What surprised me most of all is all her friends are standing by her - until she actually tells them herself she killed the babies. Blind loyalty or just denial? Make your own mind up on that.

I confess I've not seen it yet and will be catching up later and would like to think that our justice system has got it right but just on what you've said here I'm reminded of this case

phpBB [video]

This guy has an opinion on killers in the medical field

phpBB [video]
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:54 pm

Cobs wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I really don’t know what to think

It's Munchausen syndrome by proxy (which has a boring new name now).
There's a great podcast on bbc sounds called 'Believe in magic' which recounts a less extreme case.

As to why an expert said there is almost never any acceptance of responsibilty which suggests a very deep mental illness.
So if you want to go with evil that's ok.

You are right it is Munchausen, a professor Berry claims both Letby & Beverly Allit had the condition.

Prof Berry said in both killers there are suggestions of the illness Munchausen by proxy - in which a carer may harm a person in their care to get attention. He continued: “Why did they do it? Possibly it is to be the centre of attention or to attract the attention of a particular person. But it may be that they are playing the role of an ‘Angel of Death’, exerting a ’god-like’ power and control over life.
xtras1

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:06 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Gabby wrote:

Yes Munchausens is attention seeking where the perpetrator is always conveniently on scene to attempt to save the patient at the final moment. Its their way of saying "look at meeeeeee, i'm very important, very special, this is about meeeeee".

This is what's puzzling me. The deceased were premature/special care babies, did she think that she was doing them a favour or was she acting out some sort of fantasy? I can't imagine what's going through someone's mind for them to deliberately fill a syringe multiple times just to kill tiny babies.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:08 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Cobs wrote:

There's a great podcast on bbc sounds called 'Believe in magic' which recounts a less extreme case.

As to why an expert said there is almost never any acceptance of responsibilty which suggests a very deep mental illness.

You are right it is Munchausen, a professor Berry claims both Letby & Beverly Allit had the condition.

Prof Berry said in both killers there are suggestions of the illness Munchausen by proxy - in which a carer may harm a person in their care to get attention. He continued: “Why did they do it? Possibly it is to be the centre of attention or to attract the attention of a particular person. But it may be that they are playing the role of an ‘Angel of Death’, exerting a ’god-like’ power and control over life.

Hobbit had it right, it's a 'look at me' form of narcissism, Letby had no intention of saving them because she wanted to kill them.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Cobs wrote:

Hobbit had it right, it's a 'look at me' form of narcissism, Letby had no intention of saving them because she wanted to kill them.

Yes all part of the attention seeking
it’s unbelievable this has happened again.. I read somewhere a TV Dr had to apologise to her for highlighting this?

Correct me if I’m wrong I’ll look for the story!
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:20 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ndled.html

TV doctor Dr Ravi Jayaram says he was ordered to apologise to Lucy Letby after warning hospital bosses about her - as UK's most prolific child killer is convicted of killing seven newborns and probe is launched into how case was handled
xtras1

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:37 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Yes Munchausens is attention seeking where the perpetrator is always conveniently on scene to attempt to save the patient at the final moment. Its their way of saying "look at meeeeeee, i'm very important, very special, this is about meeeeee".

I confess I've not seen it yet and will be catching up later and would like to think that our justice system has got it right but just on what you've said here I'm reminded of this case

phpBB [video]

This guy has an opinion on killers in the medical field

phpBB [video]

The Panorama programme threw another light on it imo and left me with more questions than answers. The conviction appears to hinge on nothing more than each baby that died, Letby was on duty.

Only a couple of weeks back a man was released from prison after serving 17 for a rape he never committed. He could have been released after completing seven years, but only if he admitted to the crime. How the hell a jury convicted him I will never know as there was no evidence.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Gabby wrote:

This is what's puzzling me. The deceased were premature/special care babies, did she think that she was doing them a favour or was she acting out some sort of fantasy? I can't imagine what's going through someone's mind for them to deliberately fill a syringe multiple times just to kill tiny babies.

Watch the Panorama prog Stoo. I posted the iplayer link.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

So what happens after, what was her plan?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

So what happens after, what was her plan?

Plan? Plan for what? Continue working living her daily life.

The second vid JungleJayne posted is well worth listening to what the barrister guy says.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:10 pm

Problem being that they haven't grasped the fact that there are women psychopaths..Even after Myra Hindley to Beverley Allitt. The tip of the iceberg. There are evil and deranged women that we see in all aspects of life and they should't be treated any differently to their male counterparts.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms