Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies

A right load of bollocks...

Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies

Postby LordRaven » Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:30 pm

“Nurse Lucy Letby found guilty of murdering seven babies on neonatal unit.

A nurse has been found guilty of murdering seven babies and attempting to murder others while working on a hospital's neonatal unit between June 2015 and June 2016.
Lucy Letby - who was in her mid-20s and working at the Countess of Chester Hospital at the time of the murders - is now the UK's most prolific child killer of modern times.
She was found guilty by a series of partial verdicts, delivered several days apart, with the judge issuing reporting restrictions until the end of the trial.
Letby was also found guilty of seven counts of attempted murder.
Letby cried during some of the verdicts, while families of her victims sobbed and comforted each other as the jury read out its findings. One member of the jury also cried and held her head in her hands.

She was also found not guilty of two charges of attempted murder. The jury was unable to reach verdicts on six further counts of attempted murder.
Letby's mother, Susan, broke down sobbing as her daughter was led away from the dock after the first set of verdicts, whispering "you can't be serious, this can't be right," into her husband's arms.
Neither Letby nor her parents were in court as the trial came to a close today.
Read more: Follow live updates from court
During a later set of verdicts, Letby refused to come up from the cells, and was found guilty of more murders in her absence.
All of the children have been granted anonymity, although their names were read out in the courtroom during the nine-month trial.
Two of her victims, known as Child L and M, were twin brothers.
They had been born prematurely and were just days old when Letby tried to kill them within hours of each other, in April 2016.
Speaking publicly for the very first time, the boys' parents described the killer nurse as acting "very cool and calm" after trying to murder Child M with an injection of excessive air.
"At that time, her body language and her behaviour totally changed," the twins' mother said.
"She was very annoyed with us. She thought that 'I couldn't kill your baby'."

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/nurse-lu ... t-12919516

:kinell: How awful for parents, it’s a very unpleasant read.
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Nurse Lucy Letby guilty of murdering seven babies

Postby Snookerballs » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:35 pm

It is unbelievable that Doctors fears regarding the death of the babies were not investigated, Doctors and Nurses believed Letby was connected in some way .

She even won the case against the Doctors regarding her capability , so the Doctors had to write an apology to her .
Snookerballs

Postby Text » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:48 pm

At least the parents can finally start the grieving process now. And then hopefully, some closure.
What a tragedy.
Text

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:02 pm

Chilling, and apart from being a nurse what makes it more so is her demeanour and appearance.

I remember watching a documentary about another of these cases (IIRC it was Reading hospital) and worse still, police investigating initially arrested the wrong nurse. :kinell:
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:06 pm

Just been reading up more about Letby. There are also a number of other links to different articles relating to the matter and one about sms text messages she sent is interesting.

Cases like this are beyond comprehension.

She started to cry as pictures of her home - where she was first arrested - were shown to the jury.

Letby lived in staff accommodation at Ash House before moving to a flat in Chester for about six months.

She moved back into Ash House in June 2015 before moving into the house she bought on Westbourne Road, Chester, in April 2016.

A photo of a noticeboard in the kitchen was covered in pictures and letters and featured a poster, drawn by her godson, which read: "No.1 Godmother awarded to Lucy Letby".

On her bed, she had Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore cuddly toys while a drawer in the living room contained various documents and medical notes for her two cats, named Tigger and Smudge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... e-65058159
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:12 pm

This girl pleaded not guilty, but the air injected into bloodstreams evidence seems damning, along with the evidence of her saying she was evil for letting them die, she having caused their deaths.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Middens » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:46 pm

Evil.

A whole life tariff in solitary please.
Middens

Postby LordRaven » Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Middens wrote:Evil.

For her own safety she’d better be in solitary.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:58 pm

Middens wrote:Evil.

It just gets worse!

Dr Brearey says he demanded Letby be taken off duty in June 2016, after the final two murders. Hospital management initially refused.

The BBC investigation also found:

• The hospital's top manager demanded the doctors write an apology to Letby and told them to stop making allegations against her

• Two consultants were ordered to attend mediation with Letby, even though they suspected she was killing babies

• When she was finally moved, Letby was assigned to the risk and patient safety office, where she had access to sensitive documents from the neonatal unit and was in close proximity to senior managers whose job it was to investigate her

• Deaths were not reported appropriately, which meant the high fatality rate could not be picked up by the wider NHS system, a manager who took over after the deaths has told the BBC

• As well as the seven murder convictions, Letby was on duty for another six baby deaths at the hospital - and the police have widened their investigation

• Two babies also died while Letby was working at Liverpool Women's Hospital

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66120934
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:45 pm

I really don’t know what to think
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:00 pm

Insulin overdose is invisible post-mortem but if you or anyone who imposes it on you fucks it up and you survive and you recover from a diabetic coma then you will have disabling brain damage.

I want to know why, I want to know what compelled her to commit these atrocities. I want to know why she thought that this was a good idea.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:27 pm

Stooo wrote:Insulin overdose is invisible post-mortem but if you or anyone who imposes it on you fucks it up and you survive and you recover from a diabetic coma then you will have disabling brain damage.

I want to know why, I want to know what compelled her to commit these atrocities. I want to know why she thought that this was a good idea.

Only Letby has the answer to that - and I highly doubt we will ever know.

I want to know why senior doctors and even consultants warnings about Letby to the hospital management resulted in them being threatened with 'consequences' and told to write an apology to her and stop making allegations against her.
Grafenwalder

Postby Cobs » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:59 pm

LordRaven wrote:I really don’t know what to think

It's Munchausen syndrome by proxy (which has a boring new name now).
There's a great podcast on bbc sounds called 'Believe in magic' which recounts a less extreme case.

As to why an expert said there is almost never any acceptance of responsibilty which suggests a very deep mental illness.
So if you want to go with evil that's ok.
Cobs

Postby LordRaven » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:50 am

Cobs wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I really don’t know what to think

It's Munchausen syndrome by proxy (which has a boring new name now).
There's a great podcast on bbc sounds called 'Believe in magic' which recounts a less extreme case.

As to why an expert said there is almost never any acceptance of responsibilty which suggests a very deep mental illness.
So if you want to go with evil that's ok.

These were babies, for myself it is still beyond comprehension.
And I seriously don’t know what to think.

It’s on par with Shipman and Mengele.
Truly mind boggling.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:27 pm

Charles Cullen .. serial killer.

Series dopesick, a new one now on Netflix Painkiller’s..

American serial killer. Cullen, a nurse, murdered dozens—possibly hundreds—of patients during a 16-year career spanning several New Jersey medical centers until being arrested in 2003. He confessed to committing as many as 40 murders.

Fantastic drama .. obviously horrible what he done, and dismissed several times due to suspicion but no one acted on it… till one brave lady, just the same as Letby approaching the vulnerable.
xtras1

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms