Sound of Freedom

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Sound of Freedom

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:40 am

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
.SF. wrote:"Since its surprising toppling of Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny at the U.S. box office in July, it has rocketed into the top ten highest-grossing films of the year"

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/sound-of-freedom-film-2023

There's a lot to unpack in that article

There is a lot to unpack in this one too.

https://www.dexerto.com/tv-movies/sound ... d-2205493/

Why are you trying to find excuses?

Do you believe in child trafficking, or not?
That's all that matters.
Not what some left wing media comes up with.

I'm just doing some research after your post said people were turned away at cinemas and Netflix, Amazon and Disney wouldn't show it.

The reason Barbie is getting so much attention is because of the marketing budget.

I saw videos of people who actually went to the cinemas and had all those problems, I would have to find them again.
Perhaps I will when I get the time.

Did Netflix and Amazon Refuse to Stream ‘Sound of Freedom’ Film?
Netflix and Amazon refused to stream the child sex-trafficking film “Sound of Freedom" due to its subject matter :roll:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/netfl ... f-freedom/

But Cutie was alright?
Do you know what that is about?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:41 am

Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

so the theory that people are being blocked from seeing the film is actually a comspiracy theory

that's ironic :mrgreen:

It's a clever marketing ploy as well, people will go and see it now because they will actually believe 'elites' have been trying to prevent it being shown.

the pay it forward thing is interesting too

encouraging people to advance book tickets and then pass them on to encourage a wider audience

I've never seen that done before

the thing is you're not supposed to question it because if you do then you're obvs not against child trafficking :roll:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:44 am

Netflix And Amazon Refused To Stream ‘Sound Of Freedom’
“I took the movie out of Disney and then I started knocking doors with Netflix, Amazon, and other studios. And they all rejected it. Some of them didn’t even answer my phone calls. I said, ‘I have a very important project. This is for you. We want the whole world to see it and you have the platform. You have the right platform for this movement, please help us. It’s not about the movie anymore. It’s not about me. It’s about the children.’”

https://www.screengeek.net/2023/07/21/s ... ed-stream/
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:46 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

so the theory that people are being blocked from seeing the film is actually a comspiracy theory

that's ironic :mrgreen:

It's a clever marketing ploy as well, people will go and see it now because they will actually believe 'elites' have been trying to prevent it being shown.

the pay it forward thing is interesting too

encouraging people to advance book tickets and then pass them on to encourage a wider audience

I've never seen that done before

the thinng is you're not supposed to question it because if you do then you're obvs not against child trafficking :roll:

I thought that pay it forward exercise was clever. I wonder how many people are being guilt tripped into seeing it because they're being accused of helping child trafficking by not going to see a film. Not putting money in the film makers pocket now means you don't care about saving kids.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:49 am

Holly wrote:It's quite interesting how some here google just to find any article that can discredits this movie :shake head:
WTF is wrong with you all?
Find out how you can help, not how you can prove that movie wrong, when you all know this is happening.

The links put up have come from sources that aren't known for aiding child trafficking.

Are reviewers and researchers not supposed to do their job?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:49 am

Holly wrote:
“I took the movie out of Disney and then I started knocking doors with Netflix, Amazon, and other studios. And they all rejected it. Some of them didn’t even answer my phone calls. I said, ‘I have a very important project. This is for you. We want the whole world to see it and you have the platform. You have the right platform for this movement, please help us. It’s not about the movie anymore. It’s not about me. It’s about the children.’”

That's common though isn't it?

a film is pitched and gets turned down, same as actors turn down roles then spend the rest of their careers regretting it, or studios turn down scripts that go on to be massive hits

wasn't JK Rowling turned down by numerous publishers?

there is potential conspiricies everywhere if you are inclined to find them
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:50 am

Is anyone here actually questioning child trafficking rather than criticising that movie?
WTF is wrong with some you?

Is it really so hard to believe that billionaires who can have everything they want, plus want more, would dabble in some sick shit?
Do you people think they are all saints?

Or is this just a pile on Holly to prove her wrong no matter what, even if we know she's right?
Is that what is is?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:52 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Holly wrote:

That's common though isn't it?

a film is pitched and gets turned down, same as actors turn down roles then spend the rest of their careers regretting it, or studios turn down scripts that go on to be massive hits

wasn't JK Rowling turned down by numerous publishers?

there is potential conspiricies everywhere if you are inclined to find them

Where is the conspiracy though?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:52 am

Holly wrote:

You've posted a link to an accusation?

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:52 am

Got to pop to the shop before they close...back soon.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:54 am

Good to see there's finally some action on this thread.
Took you all long enough :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:56 am

Holly wrote:Is anyone here actually questioning child trafficking rather than criticising that movie?
WTF is wrong with some you?

Is it really so hard to believe that billionaires who can have everything they want, plus want more, would dabble in some sick shit?
Do you people think they are all saints?

Or is this just a pile on Holly to prove her wrong no matter what, even if we know she's right?
Is that what is is?

Netflix showed the film Spotlight, the platform is hardly against showing the reality of the damage child abuse does.

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:00 am

Holly wrote:Good to see there's finally some action on this thread.

So you're just looking for traffic, you don't actually believe what you posted?

Postby .SF. » Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:35 am

Guest wrote:

If so it's a waste of everyone's time.
.SF.

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:34 am

Guest wrote:

WTF? or should I say WGAF???
Are you just here to troll?
Of course I believe what I'm posting, I also care very much about this subject, unlike most of you here :dafinger:

I find it quite weird how you all pile onto me, like I posted something really insulting.
Instead of taking this subject very seriously, you're for what ever reason trying to discredit me and that movie.
Are you people for real?

This is getting pathetic.
Instead of talking about child trafficking, you guys are trying to tear this film apart.
Why?
What's wrong with you?
Where are your priorities?

Just imagine one of your own children missing :roll:
You would definitely sing a different tune.

I guess you can tell, I'm getting really angry, because I can't understand your mindset.
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms