"Parky" passed away

A right load of bollocks...

Re: "Parky" passed away

Postby Text » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:05 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Middens wrote::shake head: RIP. He had quite a career. He met and interviewed so many famous people. I don't think I'll miss his "over 50" saving plan adverts though!

According to wiki his career spanned seven decades. :kinell: That "over 50" savings plan was criticised by financial journalist Martin Lewis who said it was poor value.

Parky was an institution. Remember the snazzy theme tune of his weekly show? - it's my earworm for the day!! :mrgreen: RIP, Parky.
Text

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:22 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Hilarious!

Didn’t like one of the interviews with Ali.. he came across racist & arrogant, he actually bullied Parky!

They showed a clip on the programme last night and it was uncomfortable and Parky was wounded after if. I'm sure I'd seen something which said he was one of his favourite guests but last night he said it was

phpBB [video]
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:57 pm

Popbitch delivers again:

Back when Michael Parkinson was working in Australia, there was a point where Elton John was out on tour over there too. Ever the lavish host, Elton invited Parky and his wife to join him out on a yacht for a little party he was throwing.

Unfortunately, Parky and Mary arrived to the jetty a little too late – just in time to catch the HMS Elton sailing off towards the horizon. A couple of obliging water cops recognised Parky however, so offered the couple a quick ride out to the vessel.

A few minutes later, they were aboard. But far from being happy to see them, Parky was greeted by a furious Elton. It turned out that the rest of the party had mistaken Parky's lift for a police bust, so had lobbed all their gear overboard. Thousands of dollars' worth of narcotics were lost to the deep, ruining the party for everyone – so the Parkinsons were pariahs for the rest of the night.

:pmsl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:40 am

Stooo wrote:Popbitch delivers again:

Back when Michael Parkinson was working in Australia, there was a point where Elton John was out on tour over there too. Ever the lavish host, Elton invited Parky and his wife to join him out on a yacht for a little party he was throwing.

Unfortunately, Parky and Mary arrived to the jetty a little too late – just in time to catch the HMS Elton sailing off towards the horizon. A couple of obliging water cops recognised Parky however, so offered the couple a quick ride out to the vessel.

A few minutes later, they were aboard. But far from being happy to see them, Parky was greeted by a furious Elton. It turned out that the rest of the party had mistaken Parky's lift for a police bust, so had lobbed all their gear overboard. Thousands of dollars' worth of narcotics were lost to the deep, ruining the party for everyone – so the Parkinsons were pariahs for the rest of the night.

:pmsl:

If that's a true story, then it's hilarious :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms