Random Stuff # 36

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Random Stuff # 35

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:31 pm

LordRaven wrote:

It was bloody awful, and he actually doesn’t give a shit about children anyway.
He either kills, kidnaps and brainwashes them in his quest for more meat for the grinder.
Hypocrite, and shit singer.

Careful now, wouldn't want you accidentally falling out of any windows. :doomed:

Citizen K showed a clip of an actual Russian newscaster advising Putins detractors not flee to the UK as it was the place for accidents.
Junglejayne

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:38 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

It was bloody awful, and he actually doesn’t give a shit about children anyway.
He either kills, kidnaps and brainwashes them in his quest for more meat for the grinder.
Hypocrite, and shit singer.

Careful now, wouldn't want you accidentally falling out of any windows. :doomed:

Citizen K showed a clip of an actual Russian newscaster advising Putins detractors not flee to the UK as it was the place for accidents.

I’m not a fan of polonium tea, novichok on door handles or smeared in underpants, and I now suffer vertigo, so I’ll stay well away from high windows.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:56 pm

:ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:27 am

Had 2 calls to my landline now from people in different parts of the country 'returning my call'. No call my from my phone, must have been cloned. :dunno:
Junglejayne

Postby LordRaven » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:30 am

Junglejayne wrote:Had 2 calls to my landline now from people in different parts of the country 'returning my call'. No call my from my phone, must have been cloned. :dunno:

That’s not good.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:41 am

LordRaven wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:Had 2 calls to my landline now from people in different parts of the country 'returning my call'. No call my from my phone, must have been cloned. :dunno:

That’s not good.

I'll check with Sky later when I phone to complain that I still can't control my tv volume. :eyebrow:
Junglejayne

Postby xtras1 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:47 pm

How weird.
xtras1

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:50 pm

It's a scam there's so many right now. Just hang up and block the numbers if you can. Not that it will make much difference as computers can do block callings from lots of different 'locations'. Facebook have many scams going on now too. I had one saying my public post was responded to by someone I didn't know. They asked me to log in to see it. Slight problem, I was already logged in and second slight problem was that I had not made any public post. Sadly everyone needs to be on alert these days.

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:55 pm

They're gently being phased out with the fibre switchover, you have the option of a PAYG landline which is on the same system as your broadband and essentially an app rather than a physical phone. You're better off just using your mobile in wifi mode and keeping a spare, perhaps an old phone if you break it.

I spent the best part of a decade as a Sky, Virgin Media and Digital Tick qualified and accredited installer and engineer and it's all gone now, you can get everything from the internet. I knew that the writing was on the wall in the early 2000's when I installed cable DSL BB to a chap in Plymouth who worked for Cisco. I made the installation and he plugged his lappy into the router and made a VOIP phone call with a Belgium STD code. Mind. Blown. :thud: Digi TV was coming to a head at the time so I made hay while the sun shined by setting out on my own :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:47 pm

The cooling system on my car has come to age, unfortunately this coincides with its life expectancy :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:47 pm

Cali Tom you OK?
Is it time?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:49 am

Stooo wrote:The cooling system on my car has come to age, unfortunately this coincides with its life expectancy :shake head:

Morris Minors are being phased out/falling to pieces.
You could always try dropping cow turds into the rad.
That’ll work for a while, or a few eggs :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Text » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:33 pm

Here's a heartwarming RL story, worthy of a movie. :wubbers:
A very humble guy who worked in a low paid job all his life, being gifted a fortune by complete strangers -which transformed his life.
A genuine 'Mr Nice Guy' in every sense, humility personified. Contrast him with the super-entitled Lady Muck Dorries. Massive difference.:thumbsup:

In spoilers, for brevity.
Spoiler: show
He worked 27 years at Burger King without taking a single day off.

On his last day, HQ thanked him for his decades of service with a small parcel containing a few cheap pens & sweets, a small glass and a movie ticket. :thud: F me, I've seen toddlers at birthday parties in impoverished families, clutching far more classy gifts & souvenirs in their little goody bags that they take home. He said he was happy with the gesture and did not want a fuss. But his sister was disgusted and she posted the story online and started a crowd-funding for him. People were so touched they donated a total of $389.000 so far !!! Plus the odd all-expenses-paid holiday thrown in.

Contrast with our own super-entitled Nadine Dorries who treats her highly paid job with contempt. Barely ever sets foot in parliament or her constituency. Prefers to spend her paid time going on crap reality shows, writing crap novels and working for crap RW "news" stations. Her two children are on the govt pay roll too. Yet Dorries is furious that she has not been rewarded with honours, and throws frequent tantrums about it.
Text

Postby Text » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:08 pm

# $389K. :thumbsup: sorry!
Text

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:03 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:The cooling system on my car has come to age, unfortunately this coincides with its life expectancy :shake head:

Morris Minors are being phased out/falling to pieces.
You could always try dropping cow turds into the rad.
That’ll work for a while, or a few eggs :awesome:

20 years old, still ULEZ friendly and a lovely ride :thumbsup:

The cooling system being mainly rubber and plastic, not wallet friendly :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms