Random Stuff # 36

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Random Stuff # 36

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:23 pm

It’s ever so easy for the impoverished go and buy a new vehicle, just because you did, isn’t it Stooo.?

Have a heart, you selfish bastard!
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Random Stuff # 35

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:28 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
You’re not in London, the mood is hostile toward Khan and ULEZ.
Get a big banner saying “ULEZ is Fantastic” and walk around London with a loud hailer telling people that.
Wear water wings, just in case you end up in The Thames.

How on earth you think you can talk for Londoners shows a ridiculous arrogance.

Around 47% of Londoners don't have cars let alone the amount who don't drive due to the excellent TFL in the city, if you're banging around in a diesel that's not Euro 6 then you need to have a word with your finance department. My route van delivered in Jan 2017 and still going strong uses AdBlue and like my ancient car is ULEZ compliant.

You seem happy to speak for people from Puriton for some reason... :NAA:

Mmmmh? Tradesmen with all their tools can use tubes and by the bus network then :cheers:
Come and explain that at the top of high scaffolding to the building trade in london.
Bring a parachute :awesome:

Get a new van.

I wore out a Mk5 and later a Mk6 transit in six years of trading.

Have you ever heard of the school run?

How do you suppose grippingly poor people, are going to pay £12.50 a day to take their kids to school, you heartless bastard?

Oh yes, by your measure they can simply buy a new vehicle.

Have a think ffs!

“After all the expense of the summer holidays, they now face costs amounting to hundreds of pounds.
Research for ITV News shows many councils in England no longer offer grants to help families struggling to afford school uniforms.
In Oldham we spoke to single mother Stephanie Brown whose daughter is at primary school.

She said: “It is a struggle because you can't get them the slightly more expensive shoes that you know are going to last for six months, because you've got to buy an extra pack of shirts or an extra pinafore.
"Living is hard. It's hard - everyone is struggling."
Local authorities in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland still have school uniform grants - but in England, local authorities no longer receive funding for them.
And many that used to offer the grants, no longer do so.“

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-08-17/par ... rap-grant#

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:30 pm

LordRaven wrote:

How do you suppose grippingly poor people, are going to pay £12.50 a day to take their kids to school, you heartless bastard?

Have a think ffs!

“After all the expense of the summer holidays, they now face costs amounting to hundreds of pounds.
Research for ITV News shows many councils in England no longer offer grants to help families struggling to afford school uniforms.
In Oldham we spoke to single mother Stephanie Brown whose daughter is at primary school.

She said: “It is a struggle because you can't get them the slightly more expensive shoes that you know are going to last for six months, because you've got to buy an extra pack of shirts or an extra pinafore.
Local authorities in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland still have school uniform grants - but in England, local authorities no longer receive funding for them.

What the fuck does that have to do with diesel vans in London?

Just detract and strawman instead of actually debating.

Any more personal insults that you want to chuck at me?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:35 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Have a think ffs!

Catchment areas. :roll: She won't be driving her to school, even if she could afford to run a vehicle when she can't afford a school uniform. Try harder ffs. :shake head:

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:38 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Have a think ffs!

It’s not a personal insult, but if you opt to take offence and the cap fits? Fine by me.

My point is Poor Families!

School uniforms grants Gone!

Poor families expected to then by ULEZ compliant vehicles.

Yet again the poor are being taxed mercilessly to pay the rich.

And you want to be a poster boy for that cunt Khan?

Have you thrown your principles under a bus?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:46 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Have a think ffs!

It’s not a personal insult, but if you opt to take offence and the cap fits? Fine by me.

Again.

My car cost £1300 and is 20 years old as well as being ULEZ compliant. The scrappage scheme worth £2000 has been introduced for people in this situation.

You do the maths.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:47 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Have a think ffs!

Unless she's driving her to a school in Oldham from a home in London, I don't see how you can blame Sadiq Khan for that one.

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Unless she's driving her to a school in Oldham from a home in London, I don't see how you can blame Sadiq Khan for that one.

He knows Somerset like he was there every day, he couldn't find his arse with both hands.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:55 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

He knows Somerset like he was there every day, he couldn't find his arse with both hands.

Second hand embarrassment is a thing, I cringe when I read his bs.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:05 pm

Aw bless! Stooo slagging off single mum’s with buy a van shit is being supported my that mad twat from the midlands!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:36 pm

LordRaven wrote:Aw bless! Stooo slagging off single mum’s with buy a van shit is being supported my that mad twat from the midlands!

Where has the single mum been slagged off? Please engage your neuron and advise.

Postby Holly » Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:37 am

WTF is going on with all those fires around the world?
Now it's Tenerife's turn.
Where next? :ooer:

Then there's Canada in the north/west territory with over 240 fires burning.

Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:27 am

Holly wrote:WTF is going on with all those fires around the world?
Now it's Tenerife's turn.
Where next? :ooer:

Some shitheads with a box of matches start fires in countries every summer. They're burning worse this year because the forests are so dry after the heatwaves.

Postby Text » Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:58 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Text wrote:Here's a heartwarming RL story, worthy of a movie. :wubbers:
A very humble guy who worked in a low paid job all his life, being gifted a fortune by complete strangers -which transformed his life.
A genuine 'Mr Nice Guy' in every sense, humility personified. Contrast him with the super-entitled Lady Muck Dorries. Massive difference.:thumbsup:
In spoilers, for brevity.
Spoiler: show
He worked 27 years at Burger King without taking a single day off.

On his last day, HQ thanked him for his decades of service with a small parcel containing a few cheap pens & sweets, a small glass and a movie ticket. :thud: F me, I've seen toddlers at birthday parties in impoverished families, clutching far more classy gifts & souvenirs in their little goody bags that they take home. He said he was happy with the gesture and did not want a fuss. But his sister was disgusted and she posted the story online and started a crowd-funding for him. People were so touched they donated a total of $389.000 so far !!! Plus the odd all-expenses-paid holiday thrown in.

Contrast with our own super-entitled Nadine Dorries who treats her highly paid job with contempt. Barely ever sets foot in parliament or her constituency. Prefers to spend her paid time going on crap reality shows, writing crap novels and working for crap RW "news" stations. Her two children are on the govt pay roll too. Yet Dorries is furious that she has not been rewarded with honours, and throws frequent tantrums about it.

LoL that you have shoehorned in a comment about Nadine Dorries on the back of this completely unrelated and underwhelming story. Why didn't you just start a shit thread about Dorries without going around the houses?

Working for 27 years in Burger King without ever taking a day off isn't something to be applauded - the guy is obviously a bit simple.

How much of the $389k did you donate?

You're always such a glorious ray of sunshine, Red, joy oozing out of every pore. :Hiya: I'm going to bite! :laughing:

A $389K windfall after a lifetime on minimum wage is not ''underwhelming'' it's life-changing.  
Yes I know it's not as exciting as the suspenseful movies and All-action thrillers that you probably binge on, but at least it's real.

Make a thread on Dorries?? How ridiculous - why bother doing a whole thread when her entire story can be easily summarised in just a couple of lines: "shirks her well-paid job, moonlights openly, wastes taxpayers money on gross nepotism, broke her promise to resign so now her colleagues & constituents are upset & confused, still angrily demanding a peerage."

She was trending all over the news and naturally the huge contrast between the two characters, struck me. Hence why I mentioned her!
Text

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:28 pm

Text wrote:You're always such a glorious ray of sunshine, Red, joy oozing out of every pore. :Hiya: I'm going to bite! :laughing:

A $389K windfall after a lifetime on minimum wage is not ''underwhelming'' it's life-changing.  
Yes I know it's not as exciting as the suspenseful movies and All-action thrillers that you probably binge on, but at least it's real.

Make a thread on Dorries?? How ridiculous - why bother doing a whole thread when her entire story can be easily summarised in just a couple of lines: "shirks her well-paid job, moonlights openly, wastes taxpayers money on gross nepotism, broke her promise to resign so now her colleagues & constituents are upset & confused, still angrily demanding a peerage."

She was trending all over the news and naturally the huge contrast between the two characters, struck me. Hence why I mentioned her!

You mentioned Dorries because you are one of the oddball obsessives on here who like to shoehorn the Tories, Trump, Brexit and Boris into every possible story, no matter how unrelated. And this story about a simpleton burger flipper on the other side of the world, is about as unrelated as it gets. You lot take barrel scraping up to a whole new level. Olympic gold medal standard.

"Those forest fires are bad aren't they?"

" Donald Trump - what a bastard he is!"

" I see that the England Ladies team is in the WC final"

"Fucking Tories"
Red Okktober

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms