Random Stuff # 36

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Random Stuff # 35

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:21 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:The cooling system on my car has come to age, unfortunately this coincides with its life expectancy :shake head:

Morris Minors are being phased out/falling to pieces.
You could always try dropping cow turds into the rad.
That’ll work for a while, or a few eggs :awesome:

20 years old, still ULEZ friendly and a lovely ride :thumbsup:

The cooling system being mainly rubber and plastic, not wallet friendly :shake head:

ULEZ cameras are being savaged, people are not happy. :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:26 pm

Text wrote:Here's a heartwarming RL story, worthy of a movie. :wubbers:
A very humble guy who worked in a low paid job all his life, being gifted a fortune by complete strangers -which transformed his life.
A genuine 'Mr Nice Guy' in every sense, humility personified. Contrast him with the super-entitled Lady Muck Dorries. Massive difference.:thumbsup:

In spoilers, for brevity.
Spoiler: show
He worked 27 years at Burger King without taking a single day off.

On his last day, HQ thanked him for his decades of service with a small parcel containing a few cheap pens & sweets, a small glass and a movie ticket. :thud: F me, I've seen toddlers at birthday parties in impoverished families, clutching far more classy gifts & souvenirs in their little goody bags that they take home. He said he was happy with the gesture and did not want a fuss. But his sister was disgusted and she posted the story online and started a crowd-funding for him. People were so touched they donated a total of $389.000 so far !!! Plus the odd all-expenses-paid holiday thrown in.

Contrast with our own super-entitled Nadine Dorries who treats her highly paid job with contempt. Barely ever sets foot in parliament or her constituency. Prefers to spend her paid time going on crap reality shows, writing crap novels and working for crap RW "news" stations. Her two children are on the govt pay roll too. Yet Dorries is furious that she has not been rewarded with honours, and throws frequent tantrums about it.

LoL that you have shoehorned in a comment about Nadine Dorries on the back of this completely unrelated and underwhelming story. Why didn't you just start a shit thread about Dorries without going around the houses?

Working for 27 years in Burger King without ever taking a day off isn't something to be applauded - the guy is obviously a bit simple.

How much of the $389k did you donate?
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:31 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:The cooling system on my car has come to age, unfortunately this coincides with its life expectancy :shake head:

The cooling system being mainly rubber and plastic, not wallet friendly :shake head:

I don't really care, some stupid twats who drive Teslas were triggered. It's mainly aimed at pre-Euro six diesel vehicles, the ones that don't take AdBlue
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:07 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I don't really care, some stupid twats who drive Teslas were triggered. It's mainly aimed at pre-Euro six diesel vehicles, the ones that don't take AdBlue

Dear Stupid,
I was sat with a builder friend having a few beers recently, and he was telling me that his “staff” were going to have to pay £12.50 a day to move their vehicles from the front of their homes to go to the supermarket, let alone work, and the costs of their daily parking included would be added to the bills, to be paid by the homeowners!”

How you think that’s a good thing is plain stupid!

What in earth are you smoking?

Or are you on the Shrooms?

Get a grip please!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:07 am

This guy's good!

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Junglejayne » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:46 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:This guy's good!

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: Genuinely laugh out loud, love it.
Junglejayne

Postby Holly » Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:52 am

OMG, I couldn't stop grinning throughout that video.
Yes, that guy is super talented.
Everyone should be watching this for a good laugh.
It's very entertaining
:awesome:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:50 am

Holly wrote:

OMG, I couldn't stop grinning throughout that video.
Yes, that guy is super talented.
Everyone should be watching this for a good laugh.
It's very entertaining
:awesome:

Very funny
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:43 pm

LordRaven wrote:Dear Stupid,
I was sat with a builder friend having a few beers recently, and he was telling me that his “staff” were going to have to pay £12.50 a day to move their vehicles from the front of their homes to go to the supermarket, let alone work, and the costs of their daily parking included would be added to the bills, to be paid by the homeowners!”

Get a grip please!

No you didn't. Any businessman with a fleet of vehicles upgrades them regularly for insurance purposes, a Mk1 Transit isn't going to cut it.

I will remind you again that I drive a 20 year old ULEZ compliant vehicle and Autotrader is full of them. :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Dear Stupid,

Get a grip please!

No you didn't. Any businessman with a fleet of vehicles upgrades them regularly for insurance purposes, a Mk1 Transit isn't going to cut it.

I will remind you again that I drive a 20 year old ULEZ compliant vehicle and Autotrader is full of them. :thumbsup:

You’re not in London, the mood is hostile toward Khan and ULEZ.
Get a big banner saying “ULEZ is Fantastic” and walk around London with a loud hailer telling people that.
Wear water wings, just in case you end up in The Thames.

How on earth you think you can talk for Londoners shows a ridiculous arrogance.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:50 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Get a big banner saying “ULEZ is Fantastic” and walk around London with a loud hailer telling people that.

Around 47% of Londoners don't have cars let alone the amount who don't drive due to the excellent TFL in the city, if you're banging around in a diesel that's not Euro 6 then you need to have a word with your finance department. My route van delivered in Jan 2017 and still going strong uses AdBlue and like my ancient car is ULEZ compliant.

You seem happy to speak for people from Puriton for some reason... :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:52 pm

LordRaven wrote:You’re not in London

You're not in Somerset.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:57 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Around 47% of Londoners don't have cars let alone the amount who don't drive due to the excellent TFL in the city, if you're banging around in a diesel that's not Euro 6 then you need to have a word with your finance department. My route van delivered in Jan 2017 and still going strong uses AdBlue and like my ancient car is ULEZ compliant.

Mmmmh? Tradesmen with all their tools can use tubes and by the bus network then :cheers:
Come and explain that at the top of high scaffolding to the building trade in london.
Bring a parachute :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:05 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Mmmmh? Tradesmen with all their tools can use tubes and by the bus network then :cheers:
Come and explain that at the top of high scaffolding to the building trade in london.

Get a new van.

I wore out a Mk5 and later a Mk6 transit in six years of trading.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:22 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Get a new van.

I wore out a Mk5 and later a Mk6 transit in six years of trading.

Have you ever heard of the school run?

How do you suppose grippingly poor people, are going to pay £12.50 a day to take their kids to school, you heartless bastard?

Oh yes, by your measure they can simply buy a new vehicle.

Have a think ffs!

“After all the expense of the summer holidays, they now face costs amounting to hundreds of pounds.
Research for ITV News shows many councils in England no longer offer grants to help families struggling to afford school uniforms.
In Oldham we spoke to single mother Stephanie Brown whose daughter is at primary school.

She said: “It is a struggle because you can't get them the slightly more expensive shoes that you know are going to last for six months, because you've got to buy an extra pack of shirts or an extra pinafore.
"Living is hard. It's hard - everyone is struggling."
Local authorities in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland still have school uniform grants - but in England, local authorities no longer receive funding for them.
And many that used to offer the grants, no longer do so.“

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-08-17/par ... rap-grant#
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms