Holiday 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Holiday 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Text » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:44 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Oh when we booked this holiday Japan was still in partial lockdown and the protocol for travellers was horrific, so we flew to Miami in April, and I’m completely off long haul flights for the time being. We literally left at 5am Uk time and arrived at the hotel in Miami at 20:00 local time, so 1am Uk time, luckily the flight home 17 days later was just from Barcelona and direct to Manchester so fairly quick, but no long haul for a while.

I might book something later this year for next year though, because I know that despite the flying thing I really do want to go

Long haul must be a bit shit in economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:

Actually it’s not, take last flight, drinks, dinner, movie with more drinks, sleep and you get woken up in plenty of time to brush teeth, wash your face, have breakfast, and you’ll be fresh as a daisy when you land.

Economy on night flights is okay because you sleep for most of the journey.

Speak for yourself. All flights I've ever been on were economy and I would not want to sleep away that part of the journey even when conditions are challenging. A holiday starts from when you enter the plane and I want to remember every aspect, good or bad. :laughing:
But the most enjoyable form of transport for me is the ferry. From Hull to Rotterdam in my case. After the evening buffet you settle down with drinks in front of a lively band. And strolling around Amsterdam is quite nice and erm eye-opening of course.

I've enjoyed all our holidays in the Eurozone. Rome was awesome, Paris is fun. We have friends in Greece whom we stay with so holidays there - while quiet & low key - are probably the best of the lot cos we get free accommodation and free 'tour guides' and extra company.
Text

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 am

Text wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Oh when we booked this holiday Japan was still in partial lockdown and the protocol for travellers was horrific, so we flew to Miami in April, and I’m completely off long haul flights for the time being. We literally left at 5am Uk time and arrived at the hotel in Miami at 20:00 local time, so 1am Uk time, luckily the flight home 17 days later was just from Barcelona and direct to Manchester so fairly quick, but no long haul for a while.

I might book something later this year for next year though, because I know that despite the flying thing I really do want to go

Long haul must be a bit shit in economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:

Actually it’s not, take last flight, drinks, dinner, movie with more drinks, sleep and you get woken up in plenty of time to brush teeth, wash your face, have breakfast, and you’ll be fresh as a daisy when you land.

Economy on night flights is okay because you sleep for most of the journey.

Speak for yourself. All flights I've ever been on were economy and I would not want to sleep away that part of the journey even when conditions are challenging. A holiday starts from when you enter the plane and I want to remember every aspect, good or bad. :laughing:
But the most enjoyable form of transport for me is the ferry. From Hull to Rotterdam in my case. After the evening buffet you settle down with drinks in front of a lively band. And strolling around Amsterdam is quite nice and erm eye-opening of course.

I've enjoyed all our holidays in the Eurozone. Rome was awesome, Paris is fun. We have friends in Greece whom we stay with so holidays there - while quiet & low key - are probably the best of the lot cos we get free accommodation and free 'tour guides' and extra company.

I couldn’t not sleep on 14 hour flights, it’s far too long.
Flying to Cape Town is great, same timeline and no jet lag on arrival.
Cape Town is a fantastic place, it’s beautiful and there’s so much to do…
Table Mountain Cable Car
Climbing Lion’s Head and signal hill for photos.
Shark diving and whale watching
Cape point trip
Robben Island
Wine tours
Loaf’s of bars restaurants and clubs etc
Lots more too.
All very cheap compared to Britain, it’s why I went with overnight bag once and bought two suitcases and lots of stuff to fill them- the cost of my two way flight were very much saved by my purchases, and I saw a vat/tax repayment place in the airport and claimed it back too.

Kruger park is fantastic, but so too are many smaller reserves.
Durban is good too, but not as safe as Cape Town.
Joburg I avoided, apart from changing planes and visiting a mate in Witbank.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:29 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
LordRaven wrote:You seem fairly educated on this subject, as a man of experience, enlighten us.

You're the one whose been to Brazil..................not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Many times old bean, flight to Lisbon, change planes and then over the Pond.
The sand dunes between Natal and Fortaleza are great for Beach Buggies, Snowboarding into the sea, or even camel rides.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:31 am

Here’s the type of holiday I’d love to go on :awesome:

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... HFeB4vf1X8
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:12 pm

LordRaven wrote:Here’s the type of holiday I’d love to go on :awesome:

WHAT?

You want to fuck up another part of your body?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:36 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Here’s the type of holiday I’d love to go on :awesome:

WHAT?

You want to fuck up another part of your body?

With all the stuff I fired over the years, I’m past caring about my hearing.
What’s the point?
But the adrenaline experienced from firing a load of lead, in a well trained and controlled manner, is exhilarating! :awesome:
I’ve got to get back to Vegas and go to Battlefield, they’ve got some good weapons to fire.
The Vietnam package is popular, with weapons used by both sides. :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:10 am

LordRaven wrote:I couldn’t not sleep on 14 hour flights, it’s far too long.
Table Mountain Cable Car
Cape point trip
Robben Island
Wine tours
Lots more too.
All very cheap compared to Britain, it’s why I went with overnight bag once and bought two suitcases and lots of stuff to fill them- the cost of my two way flight were very much saved by my purchases, and I saw a vat/tax repayment place in the airport and claimed it back too.

I've heard that if you fly to Cape Town via Dubai on Emirates it's half the price of British Airways and that's first class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also heard that people hyperventilate when a great white comes along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:14 am

LordRaven wrote:Many times old bean, flight to Lisbon, change planes and then over the Pond.
The sand dunes between Natal and Fortaleza are great for Beach Buggies, Snowboarding into the sea, or even camel rides.

I would go via Madrid and go to Costa Rica first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:16 am

LordRaven wrote:But the adrenaline experienced from firing a load of lead

I bet it been a few years since you've done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:
Jobless Oddball

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:04 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I couldn’t not sleep on 14 hour flights, it’s far too long.
Table Mountain Cable Car
Cape point trip
Robben Island
Wine tours
Lots more too.

I've heard that if you fly to Cape Town via Dubai on Emirates it's half the price of British Airways and that's first class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've also heard that people hyperventilate when a great white comes along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ex girlfriend once booked cheapest route, via a stopover in Turkey.
Far too long, I’d rather go direct.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:13 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
LordRaven wrote:But the adrenaline experienced from firing a load of lead

I bet it been a few years since you've done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:

Vegas, around about five years ago.
Indoor range, and a good package for $220.
Glock 9mm pistol, Browning 9mm pistol, P90, AK 47, and a belt fed SAW to finish off.
I took an Indian mate of mine, Hari, he’d never fired a weapon before but the instructor was really good and took him through all the weapons one by one before he fired.
As we left the building Hari said “fuck me, that’s better than sex.” :pmsl: :pmsl:
I’m glad he enjoyed the experience.
We don’t have similar here, which is a shame, but considering the NutJobs we have in society, I feel it is for the best.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:03 am

LordRaven wrote:Joburg I avoided, apart from changing planes

LordRaven wrote:Far too long, I’d rather go direct.

Changing planes isn't classed as direct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl:
Jobless Oddball

Postby Jobless Oddball » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:07 am

LordRaven wrote:Ex girlfriend once booked cheapest route, via a stopover in Turkey.

I've heard three nights at the Atlantis would split the trip up quite nicely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Surely better than sitting in Johannesburg airport for a few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jobless Oddball

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:33 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Joburg I avoided, apart from changing planes

LordRaven wrote:Far too long, I’d rather go direct.

Changing planes isn't classed as direct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl: :pmsl:

Stupid boy! I avoided Joburg, unless I visited a mate who lived in Witbank, the place with massive coal fired power stations with huge cooling towers.

After I’d visited him and his Mrs, I’d fly off to Durban or Cape Town to see other friends.
Direct flight to Cape Town doesn’t require changing planes.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:38 am

Jobless Oddball wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Ex girlfriend once booked cheapest route, via a stopover in Turkey.

I've heard three nights at the Atlantis would split the trip up quite nicely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Surely better than sitting in Johannesburg airport for a few hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, just going direct to Cape Town is best.

Flights to Durban always required a change at Oliver Tambo airport.

The flight to Durban was really quick thereafter, flew up to cruising height, and not long after descent was commenced.

I once flew Durban to Cape Town via East London, no, not the one here :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms