Holiday 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Holiday 2024!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:49 am

LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:FFS raven

Mong is a derogatory word used to describe people with Downs Syndrome, due to their physical attrbutes and likeness to Asian people from Mongolia

It's outdated, offensive, and nothing more than a bloody playground insult that died out in the 80's - when people began to get a little awareness about how offensive using these terms are

just quit using it

How things change?
When a certain poster used that word previously and I said what you did just now, I was told that this is forum and to wind my neck in.
I’m glad Dogs has grown up, and I’ll henceforth refrain from using that word.

Because that "certain" poster who kept using that word on a regular basis, would have told her where to stick her pearl clutching BS.

However, I have to agree, it is a cringe worthy expression, so perhaps it's best not to use it.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:22 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Oh when we booked this holiday Japan was still in partial lockdown and the protocol for travellers was horrific, so we flew to Miami in April, and I’m completely off long haul flights for the time being. We literally left at 5am Uk time and arrived at the hotel in Miami at 20:00 local time, so 1am Uk time, luckily the flight home 17 days later was just from Barcelona and direct to Manchester so fairly quick, but no long haul for a while.

I might book something later this year for next year though, because I know that despite the flying thing I really do want to go

Long haul must be a bit shit in economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:

Actually it’s not, take last flight, drinks, dinner, movie with more drinks, sleep and you get woken up in plenty of time to brush teeth, wash your face, have breakfast, and you’ll be fresh as a daisy when you land.

Economy on night flights is okay because you sleep for most of the journey.

When I was minted, I flew American Airlines first class Bogotá to Miami.
I was sat next to a young yank guy, he’d lost his young Thai wife to cancer, and he was showing me the house they’d built in Thailand near the hinterland etc, but it was clearly upsetting him showing me the photos.
I therefore changed tack and told him that US Border Control always gave me a hard time on arrival, and I then said “look at me now, a buff coloured suit, white shirt, and one hell of a suntan, I’ll bet they give me shit on arrival.”
We laughed, and on arrival he said as we went up an escalator, seeing a sign saying “Border Control 100 yards, “oh look your friends.”
However, on arriving only at the top of the elevator, a California Highway Patrol Sergeant, who looked like Eric Estrada, shouted at me “Hola senor! Come here!” My yank compatriot pissed himself.
I went a bit overboard, heading straight at the twat saying “See this, it’s a British passport and I’m effing English, what’s your effing problem?” He went bright red and waved me on.
I rejoined my yank buddy and he said it had made his day. Which I was glad of, he having recently lost his wife.

Why would a California highway patrol sergeant be at Miami airport?

Waiting for a suspect perhaps?

Why are their armed police patrolling our airports???

Or any police for that matter :kinell:

The mind boggles hey

But only if you’re as thick as pig shit :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:23 am

Holly wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Mong is a derogatory word used to describe people with Downs Syndrome, due to their physical attrbutes and likeness to Asian people from Mongolia

It's outdated, offensive, and nothing more than a bloody playground insult that died out in the 80's - when people began to get a little awareness about how offensive using these terms are

just quit using it

How things change?
When a certain poster used that word previously and I said what you did just now, I was told that this is forum and to wind my neck in.

Because that "certain" poster who kept using that word on a regular basis, would have told her where to stick her pearl clutching BS.

However, I have to agree, it is a cringe worthy expression, so perhaps it's best not to use it.

Ah well, I suppose it’s best to stop using derogatory remarks.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:49 pm

Wealden wrote:Thanks for getting rid xxxxxx

No problem.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:50 pm

“ ‘I voted for Brexit and was told it wouldn’t affect expats – now I can’t live in my £13,000 Italian house’
Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy

ROME – A British couple in their sixties have bought a bargain €15,000 (£13,000) three-bedroom house in Italy for their retirement – but they cannot get a visa to live in it because of post-Brexit travel rules.

Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he voted for Brexit, but now feels betrayed.

“We were told Brexit was not going to impact our life abroad, that it would be just a matter of formality,” Mr Walter, who used to work in construction, told i.

“People who had second homes in Europe, or planned to buy one, were never given the correct information on the vote outcome.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/brexit-v ... se-2508493

The Turkeys who voted for BrexShit are finding out the hard way how they truly fucked themselves.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:04 pm

Wealden wrote:Is she still sitting on here, hidden? :header: :whistle:

Who are you talking about? :dunno:
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:31 pm

LordRaven wrote:

just quit using it

How things change?

Thank you.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:15 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

just quit using it

How things change?

Thank you.

De nada!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:59 pm

LordRaven wrote:Waiting for a suspect perhaps?

The mind boggles hey

Why would he want to check your passport, if he was there waiting for a suspect?

Is it common for police officers from California to be on passport control in a completely different state airport?

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:04 pm

Guest wrote:

The mind boggles hey

Why would he want to check your passport, if he was there waiting for a suspect?

Is it common for police officers from California to be on passport control in a completely different state airport?

Learn to read idiot, he was waiting at the top of the escalator 100 yards before passport control, as per my account, you absolute moron :off head: :slap:

Odd? No! Once when I arrived back from abroad we had two people in blazers stopping certain people in the tunnel that attaches to the plane door, I was one that got stopped, but I was the last one they checked.
Having checked me, they turned on their heels and ran into the airport.
It turned out they’d already identified their mark, and reported his arrival, what he was dressed in etc,
By the time I reached baggage claim, he had grabbed his bag, was leapt on and was in handcuffs being led off.
I guess you don’t travel much and haven’t experienced much.
I forgive you your ignorance.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:15 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:

The mind boggles hey

Learn to read idiot, he was waiting at the top of the escalator 100 yards before passport control, as per my account, you absolute moron :off head: :slap:

Odd? No! Once when I arrived back from abroad we had two people in blazers stopping certain people in the tunnel that attaches to the plane door, I was one that got stopped, but I was the last one they checked.
It turned out they’d already identified their mark, and reported his arrival, what he was dressed in etc,
By the time I reached baggage claim, he had grabbed his bag, was leapt on and was in handcuffs being led off.

But why would a police officer from California ask to see your passport in a Miami airport?

Postby Stooo » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:17 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:

The mind boggles hey

Cool story bro...

phpBB [video]

:awesome:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:17 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:

The mind boggles hey

California Highway Patrol would have no jurisdiction in the state of Florida and indeed would be subject to the same laws as any other civilian including civil aviation and border control regulations
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:21 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Guest wrote:

The mind boggles hey

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:59 pm

LordRaven wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Jobless Oddball wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

Oh when we booked this holiday Japan was still in partial lockdown and the protocol for travellers was horrific, so we flew to Miami in April, and I’m completely off long haul flights for the time being. We literally left at 5am Uk time and arrived at the hotel in Miami at 20:00 local time, so 1am Uk time, luckily the flight home 17 days later was just from Barcelona and direct to Manchester so fairly quick, but no long haul for a while.

I might book something later this year for next year though, because I know that despite the flying thing I really do want to go

Long haul must be a bit shit in economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pmsl:

Actually it’s not, take last flight, drinks, dinner, movie with more drinks, sleep and you get woken up in plenty of time to brush teeth, wash your face, have breakfast, and you’ll be fresh as a daisy when you land.

Economy on night flights is okay because you sleep for most of the journey.

When I was minted, I flew American Airlines first class Bogotá to Miami.
I was sat next to a young yank guy, he’d lost his young Thai wife to cancer, and he was showing me the house they’d built in Thailand near the hinterland etc, but it was clearly upsetting him showing me the photos.
I therefore changed tack and told him that US Border Control always gave me a hard time on arrival, and I then said “look at me now, a buff coloured suit, white shirt, and one hell of a suntan, I’ll bet they give me shit on arrival.”
We laughed, and on arrival he said as we went up an escalator, seeing a sign saying “Border Control 100 yards, “oh look your friends.”
However, on arriving only at the top of the elevator, a California Highway Patrol Sergeant, who looked like Eric Estrada, shouted at me “Hola senor! Come here!” My yank compatriot pissed himself.
I went a bit overboard, heading straight at the twat saying “See this, it’s a British passport and I’m effing English, what’s your effing problem?” He went bright red and waved me on.
I rejoined my yank buddy and he said it had made his day. Which I was glad of, he having recently lost his wife.

There's no first class cabin available on flights between Bogotá and Miami with American Airlines.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms