Summerwatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Summerwatch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:23 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Look you can't just sweep these facts under the carpet.
What caused the Roman warm period 2,000 years ago?
What caused the medieval warm period when the Vikings started farming and building on Greenland around 1200 years ago?
What caused the little ice age not long afterwards between the 14th century through the mid-19th century?
Simple questions.
Was it maybe something to do with Jupiter and Saturn and the sun or was it to do with to many horse farts?

All that sounds a bit wokey to me! :gigglesnshit:

I wasn't into ancient history or star gazing at school.
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:27 pm

Stooo wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
What caused the medieval warm period when the Vikings started farming and building on Greenland around 1200 years ago?
What caused the little ice age not long afterwards between the 14th century through the mid-19th century?
Simple questions.
Was it maybe something to do with Jupiter and Saturn and the sun or was it to do with to many horse farts?

What happened to the hole in the ozone layer ???

Years ago this was going to cause disaster to mankind , now its never mentioned .

Like the Millennial Bug the cause was identified and dealt with. Scientists identified the chemicals (CFC's) that were destroying the ozone layer and governments listened and banned them and the ozone layer fixed itself after and is no longer news. :smilin:

Lol! The bug was identified by some as a way of making money, it was all bollox!
The ozone hole was real, man’s recognition and plans to reverse it in a universal manner fixed it.
Some Scottish geezer years ago identified interglacial and glacial periods.
It’s why global warming is so fiercely contested.
Who to believe?
I was watching the news with horrendous floods in China, Greek islands on fire etc etc, and all I can state for a fact is that we are in a global weather change situation, but as to the cause? We can only guess.
Could it be our love for steaks, or solar cycles?
Who really knows?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
I have my own personal views on climate change. Very simplistic and basic but irrefutable. As a kid growing up in the 50s we all had sledges. Me and all my mates had one and every winter we'd go off to a farm field sledging. It made sense to have a sledge because we had snow every winter and lots of it. Kids don't have sledges today because come winter there is never any snow.

That's more to do with weather, we are like most of N. Europe protected by the Gulf Stream and despite having the same latitude as Moscow we suffer far fewer harsh winters. We still get massive snow dumps every now and then in S. Devon :gotcha:

I'd have thought the only place you get it is on Dartmoor? I'm in the NW and the only area that gets snow every winter is the Peak District. Anyone living there has a 4x4 because without one you're going nowhere in winter. It's not uncommon for some folk to be cut off.
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:51 pm

I’m a tad amazed here that people don’t seem to know temperature variables in large landmasses, and how melting ice, releasing fresh water into ocean currents can really do damage.
The Atlantic conveyor belt is under threat, and so too the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation.
Have a read please!
If anything happens to them then atmospherics too will change, in particular the jet stream.
Which would be not good for us.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:53 pm

I thought all of this was taught to us all as 14 year olds in geography.
Good idea for a quiz :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:20 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Simple questions.

Years ago this was going to cause disaster to mankind , now its never mentioned .

Like the Millennial Bug the cause was identified and dealt with. Scientists identified the chemicals (CFC's) that were destroying the ozone layer and governments listened and banned them and the ozone layer fixed itself after and is no longer news. :smilin:

Lol! The bug was identified by some as a way of making money, it was all bollox!
The ozone hole was real, man’s recognition and plans to reverse it in a universal manner fixed it.
Who to believe?
I was watching the news with horrendous floods in China, Greek islands on fire etc etc, and all I can state for a fact is that we are in a global weather change situation, but as to the cause? We can only guess.
Who really knows?

Yeah I see this sort of reply every day from uninformed fucking idiots.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:24 pm

Nothing has really changed much the last twenty thousand years.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:24 pm

Nothing has really changed much the last twenty thousand years.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Simple questions.

Who to believe?
Who really knows?

What on earth are you taking about?
I’m concerned about all the cold freshwater melt from the northern ice cap flushing out the Labrador current and the desalinisation of the Gulf Stream.
If that happens and the Gulf Stream and Jet Stream disappear, we in Britain will have a very cold climate.
What part of that do you not understand?
Climate change denial is perhaps your stance, but have a think for fuck’s sake!
Honestly, you’re living in denial. :thud:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby .SF. » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Nothing has really changed much the last twenty thousand years.

"Global temperatures over last 24,000 years show today's warming 'unprecedented'"

.SF.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:37 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Nothing has really changed much the last twenty thousand years.

He was a clever guy, that Scottish chap, but did he factor in man’s impact after the Industrial Revolution, which brought about a huge population change, increased beef farming, and increased emissions.
Scandinavian lakes and rivers suffered badly from the mildly sulphuric acid, and other crap, Britains chimneys sent to them in the prevailing winds, that when mixed with rain caused damage.
Again, we were taught this as 14 year olds in grammar schools, so I don’t get why people don’t take heed.
Stooo and yourself clearly forgot this, but industrialisation and stock rearing have had a measurable impact.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:39 pm

.SF. wrote:

"Global temperatures over last 24,000 years show today's warming 'unprecedented'"

Stooo’s men in uniforms are a tad more informed than he is.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:55 pm

Stooo wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Simple questions.

Who to believe?
Who really knows?

Please explain what part of my post is uninformed, I’d love the read it.
You clearly haven’t got a clue about why Moscow has extreme heat in summer and extreme cold in winter.
Very telling re being uninformed.
You might parade yourself as a know all, but, fuck me, that Moscow post shows your absolute fucking ignorance!
Thick twat!

Attack me, for no reason and I’ll attack you likewise thick bastard!

Your Knowledge of earth’s atmospheric and air currents is clearly zero, and it’s why you understand fuck all and speak from a position of total fucking ignorance.

You’ve been owned, so fuck off and stop embarrassing yourself on a subject you know fuck all about :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:59 pm

Imagines, Stooo now frantically googling :awesome:

He might let us know of his new found knowledge of the Humboldt current soon :pmsl:

Meanwhile, all watch a movie until he’s educated himself and plagiarises stuff he’s googled.

What a fucking Drongo!
Y
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:16 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Please explain what part of my post is uninformed, I’d love the read it.
You clearly haven’t got a clue about why Moscow has extreme heat in summer and extreme cold in winter.
Very telling re being uninformed.
You might parade yourself as a know all, but, fuck me, that Moscow post shows your absolute fucking ignorance!
Thick twat!

Attack me, for no reason and I’ll attack you likewise thick bastard!

Your Knowledge of earth’s atmospheric and air currents is clearly zero, and it’s why you understand fuck all and speak from a position of total fucking ignorance.

You’ve been owned, so fuck off and stop embarrassing yourself on a subject you know fuck all about :awesome:

What are you drooling on about now ?

I have wondered if there's more than 1 person using your account, you're either drunk, two or more actual people or a bit schizophrenic. Unless it's all some big joke and Stooo is in on it for the laughs ?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms