Holidays!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Holidays!

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:33 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Bizarrely at Zakynthos airport, my mate who’s got a few properties he rents out in Spain, was at passport control, and he was there for quite some time, as they went through his passport to see if he’d been over his allowed 90 days, in a year, in the EU.
What a palaver! If only we’d stayed in the EU.

It's not 90 days a year

it is 90 days out of 180

it's even called the 90/180 rule

I can’t say I’ve ever looked into it, I just find it bizarre that BrexShit has led to yet another inconvenience.

I won’t be reading up on it either, because I’m certainly not going to be travelling to the EU that much anyway.

It's odd your friend didn't say he was entitled to 90/180 not 90/365. You have some adventures at passport control, don't you?

I was way back in the zig zag queue and my mate was stood looking pissed off at the passport control desk as others moved seamlessly through. As did I, he told me what was going on as I myself got passed through.
I went through and sat at a bar for another ten minutes before he finally got passed.

You must have misread, I personally had zero problem at passport control.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:41 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Bizarrely at Zakynthos airport, my mate who’s got a few properties he rents out in Spain, was at passport control, and he was there for quite some time, as they went through his passport to see if he’d been over his allowed 90 days, in a year, in the EU.
What a palaver! If only we’d stayed in the EU.

It's not 90 days a year

it is 90 days out of 180

it's even called the 90/180 rule

I can’t say I’ve ever looked into it, I just find it bizarre that BrexShit has led to yet another inconvenience.

I won’t be reading up on it either, because I’m certainly not going to be travelling to the EU that much anyway.

It's odd your friend didn't say he was entitled to 90/180 not 90/365. You have some adventures at passport control, don't you?

I'm not sure why they would go through his passport, it is all electronically recorded

I was amazed at Heathrow, they scanned my passport in front of me at the gate as the seats we had been assigned no longer physically existed and they needed to assign new ones, the screen flashed green, my ESTA details came up and I guess as it was the American Airline specific terminal my declared vaccination status also appeared, as well as loads of other info - it was odd seeing what they could see as normally it is out of our view

but Ravens mate was subjected to a manual read of his passport, like something out of an 80's film

He looks a bit of a big brute, so perhaps they selected him for special treatment. I really don’t know, but they only picked him with the rest of flight passing through easily.

I must have looked like one of the locals with my tan, so perhaps they waved mr straight through on that basis. :awesome:

I tan like crazy.

As for 90 days in a year, who the hell on here is going to spend three months in the EU anyway?

It’s something I’d never even considered, and we’re it not for my friend being stopped, I would have still been happily oblivious to this particular load of BrexShit inspired crappy ruling.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am

Junglejayne wrote:Last time I flew back into the UK the electronic check flagged up an anomaly. The humidity abroad left me with a blond afro, they had to do a manual check and it still took 2 of them to agree it was me. :mrgreen:

Don’t go to Hong Kong then, the humidity is mental. :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Holly » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:08 am

Junglejayne wrote:Last time I flew back into the UK the electronic check flagged up an anomaly. The humidity abroad left me with a blond afro, they had to do a manual check and it still took 2 of them to agree it was me. :mrgreen:

You don't want to come to NZ in summer then when humidity could reach up to 80%... Phew
I don't even bother most of the time in summer to do anything to my hair, I just wash and let it dry, within an hour, I look like this vvvv
Maybe not quite, but almost :pmsl:

Holly
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:20 am

Holly wrote:

You don't want to come to NZ in summer then when humidity could reach up to 80%... Phew
I don't even bother most of the time in summer to do anything to my hair, I just wash and let it dry, within an hour, I look like this vvvv

Candy floss hairstyles?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:41 pm

And yet we see programmes about facial recognition software picking out baddies, even when disguised.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:

And yet we see programmes about facial recognition software picking out baddies, even when disguised.

Meh, my phones got FR unlock. None of that iris shit you just look at it even with your glasses on, spooky but useful.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:53 pm

LordRaven wrote:

I know! I did look quite rough though :mrgreen:
Junglejayne

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:56 pm

Holly wrote:

Oh Lordy! I expect natives are a bit more acclimatised to it , or all suffering at the same time :gigglesnshit:
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:09 pm

Holly wrote:

Is that a merkin? :ooer: :kinell:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:15 am

Stooo wrote:
Holly wrote:

I just knew a perv would say that.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:57 am

Fuck me! I wish I was still abroad, the UK is shit!
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:05 pm

LordRaven wrote:Fuck me! I wish I was still abroad, the UK is shit!

Oikophobe. :roll:

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:54 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I just knew a perv would say that.

Because it flashed through your mind as well?

Calm down mate.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:36 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Fuck me! I wish I was still abroad, the UK is shit!

Oikophobe. :roll:

:awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms