Re: Holidays!

Postby LordRaven » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:00 pm

xtras1 wrote:You can’t beat a breakaway in England .. :wubbers:

I beg to differ.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:55 am

I’m off soon, I’ve got no foreign currency, I haven’t even thought about packing yet either :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:09 pm

LordRaven wrote:I’m off soon, I’ve got no foreign currency, I haven’t even thought about packing yet either :awesome:

Lucky you :smilin:

Last time I went to Greece was a May time a few years ago and I had to go shopping for some warm clothes for the night time. I could only find some yoga pants and a terrible jumper that made me itch. Doubt you'll have that problem at this time of the year though.
Junglejayne

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:41 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
LordRaven wrote:I’m off soon, I’ve got no foreign currency, I haven’t even thought about packing yet either :awesome:

Last time I went to Greece was a May time a few years ago and I had to go shopping for some warm clothes for the night time. I could only find some yoga pants and a terrible jumper that made me itch. Doubt you'll have that problem at this time of the year though.

We went to Rhodes for 5 days last October, the weather was perfect and for a short break it was great, not too busy and a bit of gentle warmth

I do love Greece, never been to a bad island, lthough I do keep away from the 'party' zones
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:53 pm

Junglejayne wrote:

I lived in Cyprus for two years, I also returned for a wedding and a christening, plus I stayed on Poros for a week or so.

It can get chilly in the evenings in winter, especially in snow covered mountains, but I’ll be right bang slap on the coast in an Airbnb apartment immediately overlooking the sea.

I should be okay as I’ll be taking a very light suit for the wedding.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:32 pm

The wedding I attended in Zakynthos was fantastic! Beautiful setting too, and a wonderful group of people in in the wedding party, so it was a marvellous day, and one hell of a night.
I hired an ATV/Quad and did a lot of miles exploring the island as well, during which I found some stunning beaches.
On nights out I just walked to many bars/restaurants, many of which were right on the seafront, and the food in all of them was exceptional, I have eaten so much foliage for years. The salads were quite exceptional.
I certainly caught the sun too, so all in all it was a wonderful mini break.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Junglejayne » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:20 pm

LordRaven wrote:The wedding I attended in Zakynthos was fantastic! Beautiful setting too, and a wonderful group of people in in the wedding party, so it was a marvellous day, and one hell of a night.
I hired an ATV/Quad and did a lot of miles exploring the island as well, during which I found some stunning beaches.
On nights out I just walked to many bars/restaurants, many of which were right on the seafront, and the food in all of them was exceptional, I have eaten so much foliage for years. The salads were quite exceptional.

I had some good nights on Zakynthos when I was younger, and by day those areas are not particularly pleasant but the rest of it really is very beautiful. The seas are as clear as they look in the pictures and the beaches beautiful. Glad you had a lovely time :smilin:
Junglejayne

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:50 am

Junglejayne wrote:
LordRaven wrote:The wedding I attended in Zakynthos was fantastic! Beautiful setting too, and a wonderful group of people in in the wedding party, so it was a marvellous day, and one hell of a night.

I had some good nights on Zakynthos when I was younger, and by day those areas are not particularly pleasant but the rest of it really is very beautiful. The seas are as clear as they look in the pictures and the beaches beautiful. Glad you had a lovely time :smilin:

I’m always guilty of overspending when on holiday, and I did the same again this time, but I was having fun and I really didn’t give a toss.
Nice little island, I might go back again sometime.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:15 am

Bizarrely at Zakynthos airport, my mate who’s got a few properties he rents out in Spain, was at passport control, and he was there for quite some time, as they went through his passport to see if he’d been over his allowed 90 days, in a year, in the EU.
What a palaver! If only we’d stayed in the EU.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:58 am

LordRaven wrote:Bizarrely at Zakynthos airport, my mate who’s got a few properties he rents out in Spain, was at passport control, and he was there for quite some time, as they went through his passport to see if he’d been over his allowed 90 days, in a year, in the EU.

It's not 90 days a year

it is 90 days out of 180

it's even called the 90/180 rule
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:07 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
LordRaven wrote:Bizarrely at Zakynthos airport, my mate who’s got a few properties he rents out in Spain, was at passport control, and he was there for quite some time, as they went through his passport to see if he’d been over his allowed 90 days, in a year, in the EU.

It's not 90 days a year

it is 90 days out of 180

I can’t say I’ve ever looked into it, I just find it bizarre that BrexShit has led to yet another inconvenience.

I won’t be reading up on it either, because I’m certainly not going to be travelling to the EU that much anyway.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:30 pm

I've just filled in my form for next year's A/L and it's always a PITA. I always book off my birthday week in the dim hope that I have something to celebrate as well as the middle of June just in case I get the chance to go to Le Mans :gigglesnshit: A couple of other arbitrary weeks outside of the school holidays and a few days spare just in case. It's fucked up for the next few months though, I'm off next week and I have another off in October but I also have a special (paid) week for a health and safety course for a different week which kinda fucks things up so I'm going to have a chat tomorrow about binning the A/L and moving it to January because that's when my lad's passing out parade is :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:47 pm

LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

It's not 90 days a year

it is 90 days out of 180

I can’t say I’ve ever looked into it, I just find it bizarre that BrexShit has led to yet another inconvenience.

I won’t be reading up on it either, because I’m certainly not going to be travelling to the EU that much anyway.

It's odd your friend didn't say he was entitled to 90/180 not 90/365. You have some adventures at passport control, don't you?

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:38 am

Guest wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:

It's not 90 days a year

it is 90 days out of 180

It's odd your friend didn't say he was entitled to 90/180 not 90/365. You have some adventures at passport control, don't you?

I'm not sure why they would go through his passport, it is all electronically recorded

I was amazed at Heathrow, they scanned my passport in front of me at the gate as the seats we had been assigned no longer physically existed and they needed to assign new ones, the screen flashed green, my ESTA details came up and I guess as it was the American Airline specific terminal my declared vaccination status also appeared, as well as loads of other info - it was odd seeing what they could see as normally it is out of our view

but Ravens mate was subjected to a manual read of his passport, like something out of an 80's film
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:21 am

Last time I flew back into the UK the electronic check flagged up an anomaly. The humidity abroad left me with a blond afro, they had to do a manual check and it still took 2 of them to agree it was me. :mrgreen:
Junglejayne

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms