Holidays!

A right load of bollocks...

Holidays!

Postby Gabby » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:04 pm

Do you over pack?… I’m shocking :thud: … what I pack for a week could easily last me a month, or more! :laughing:
Gabby

Re: Holidays!

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:13 pm

Gabby wrote:Do you over pack?… I’m shocking :thud: … what I pack for a week could easily last me a month, or more! :laughing:

Guilty! Unless I go to cheap countries like South Africa, last time I went I did so in shorts and polo short with a washbag.
And then bought 3 suits, 6 shirts, belts, ties, shoes, polo shirts, shorts, socks and underpants, plus 2 suitcases, all fit £350.

It was a few years ago, but SA is cheap as chips!!! Mind you, the exchange rate was great back then :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Gabby » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:21 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Gabby wrote:Do you over pack?… I’m shocking :thud: … what I pack for a week could easily last me a month, or more! :laughing:

Guilty! Unless I go to cheap countries like South Africa, last time I went I did so in shorts and polo short with a washbag.
And then bought 3 suits, 6 shirts, belts, ties, shoes, polo shirts, shorts, socks and underpants, plus 2 suitcases, all fit £350.

It was a few years ago, but SA is cheap as chips!!! Mind you, the exchange rate was great back then :awesome:

I went to Thailand almost 20 years ago now… I gave a load of my stuff away to the locals before I left, including leftover currency… it felt good! :wubbers:
Gabby

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:37 pm

Gabby wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I went to Thailand almost 20 years ago now… I gave a load of my stuff away to the locals before I left, including leftover currency… it felt good! :wubbers:

Back then it was cheap as chips, just had an army mate fly in and he brought me 3 polo shirts, shorts and trousers for £20.
They’re rather nice too.
I haven’t been there since 2007, but when he was there he was living with his girlfriend who’s a singer in some restaurant in Kkon Kean, she’s got a lovely house, nice car, and she makes 3 times the average wage plus tips for singing in thai and English. I’ve seen videos, she’s rather good.
When I spoke to her on the phone I was able to practice my thai, she was amazed that in thai, I was able to to say so much to her.
I really do try when abroad to speak the local language. Thank fuck too, because a baggage mishap in Pereira in Colombia had me delving the depths of my mind to sort it out. That was one hell of an experience, and I’m so glad I try.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby .SF. » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 pm

Someone loves blowing his own trumpet.
.SF.

Postby Gabby » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:46 pm

.SF. wrote:Someone loves blowing his own trumpet.

Mouth organ even…
Gabby

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:46 pm

No way! It’s far too tiny and I couldn’t possibly bend that far :awesome:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:47 pm

I was doing something yesterday and had the TV on in the background, so I heard rather than saw this, but one of the couples on ‘four in a bed’ had a Thai wife who had been a singer in Thailand, she was saying it was a good career, it was quite memorable as TV characters go, and apparently quite inspiring
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:00 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:

I was doing something yesterday and had the TV on in the background, so I heard rather than saw this, but one of the couples on ‘four in a bed’ had a Thai wife who had been a singer in Thailand, she was saying it was a good career, it was quite memorable as TV characters go, and apparently quite inspiring

Really, that’s nice, the thai people always make me laugh, until my jaws ached in fact.

I went to The Green Man Inn in Phuket often, and it’s bizarre to see a huge Black & White pub there.

Howard, the owner, was a great friend of Keith Floyd, and there were photos of him and his Thai wife everywhere.

The menu and service were exceptional, and the live music fantastic too.

I met a Chinese doctor called Jasmin from Shanghai and took her there for dinner, and when a particular song was playing she joined in. It turned out it was a Chinese singer singing a Chinese song, which made her night.

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... nWqmDV0wbM

I would love to go back and see Howard someday
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:07 pm

He'll be in an old folks home too by now!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:10 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:He'll be in an old folks home too by now!

No, his thai family won’t allow that, they don’t want anyone else caring for mamas and papas.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:13 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:He'll be in an old folks home too by now!

No, his thai family won’t allow that, they don’t want anyone else caring for mamas and papas.

Fantastic olde English pub by the way, it is a great place to visit.
Take Mrs Rollup.
Next door they have elephant rides, a monkey training school and a snake show, plus a shooting range.

I went often.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Some evening going out stuff, slides and trainers. You can buy pants, socks, shorts and tee shirts when you get there.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:24 pm

Stooo wrote:Some evening going out stuff, slides and trainers. You can buy pants, socks, shorts and tee shirts when you get there.

Buy from Primark… it’s all disposable! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:39 pm

Gabby wrote:
Stooo wrote:Some evening going out stuff, slides and trainers. You can buy pants, socks, shorts and tee shirts when you get there.

Buy from Primark… it’s all disposable! :gigglesnshit:

Nah, wearing your holiday stuff when you're back home is as casual as fuck. Primark abroad not so much.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms