Proposals?

A right load of bollocks...

Proposals?

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:45 am

Ladies of the forum - when you were proposed to was it everything you hoped it would be? Was it romantic, were you surprised, or could it have been a lot better?

Gentlemen of the forum - how did you propose to your OH, was it planned or spur of the moment?

I'm looking for ideas - i don't want it to be a let down, i want her to remember it forever and for the right reasons!
Toke 'n' gesture

Re: Proposals?

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:47 am

God no

I'd have been horrified if a big scene had been made

I don't think there ever was a proposal as such, it was more of a progression and we both just presumed it would happen
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:52 am

HobbitFeet wrote:God no

I don't think there ever was a proposal as such, it was more of a progression and we both just presumed it would happen

That's really interesting, i honestly thought all women liked the big romantic gesture. That's something to mull over as well. I wouldn't go over the top though, i just want it to be memorable.

Thanks HF :wubbers:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:56 am

I know everyone is different but a big public show wouldn't work for me either.

A private surprise would be my preference, and if you want to put a ring on the finger there and then use a symbolic one (as a keepsake) so she can have some input into the real sparkler... with you paying of course :gigglesnshit:
Last edited by Junglejayne on Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junglejayne

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:56 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

That's really interesting, i honestly thought all women liked the big romantic gesture. That's something to mull over as well. I wouldn't go over the top though, i just want it to be memorable.

I probably fall into the minority to be fair, but I never went through the dreaming of a big wedding thing as a little girl, I could imagine nothing worse than being the centre of attention for the whole day and I guess he knew that.

It was more a 'I suppose we could get engaged' which later led to, 'I suppose we should make some wedding plans'
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:59 am

Junglejayne wrote:I know everyone is different but a big public show wouldn't work for me either. A private surprise would be my suggestion, and if you want to put a ring on the finger there and then use a symbolic one so she can have some input into the real sparkler... with you paying of course :gigglesnshit:

I think that too, something intimate but memorable. I do want to surprise her, which she will be because i told her i never want to get married!

What about a Haribo ring :gigglesnshit: then she can choose with me for the real one? Obviously i'm paying :gigglesnshit:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:02 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I probably fall into the minority to be fair, but I never went through the dreaming of a big wedding thing as a little girl, I could imagine nothing worse than being the centre of attention for the whole day and I guess he knew that.

It was more a 'I suppose we could get engaged' which later led to, 'I suppose we should make some wedding plans'

She's a bit like that actually, definitely doesn't like being centre of attention. I'd never want to embarrass her either, that's why i need ideas, i don't want it to be crap either.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:02 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:I know everyone is different but a big public show wouldn't work for me either. A private surprise would be my suggestion, and if you want to put a ring on the finger there and then use a symbolic one so she can have some input into the real sparkler... with you paying of course :gigglesnshit:

I think that too, something intimate but memorable. I do want to surprise her, which she will be because i told her i never want to get married!

What about a Haribo ring :gigglesnshit: then she can choose with me for the real one? Obviously i'm paying :gigglesnshit:

Yeah, its cute!

If you've said you'll never marry though, you should make sure the planning is obvious so she doesn't think you just did it in a 'we might as well' sort of regard.
Last edited by Junglejayne on Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junglejayne

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:04 am

Wealden wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

This can be true for a lot of women, especially if they are not the size / shape that would conventionally look good in a wedding dress. Not everyone is a size 8 and 5ft 8. Don’t you think ?

I don't think many little girls are 5ft8 and a size 8 to be fair
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:06 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Ladies of the forum - when you were proposed to was it everything you hoped it would be? Was it romantic, were you surprised, or could it have been a lot better?

Gentlemen of the forum - how did you propose to your OH, was it planned or spur of the moment?

I'm looking for ideas - i don't want it to be a let down, i want her to remember it forever and for the right reasons!

Nope, done it twice, I never had that romantic knee bend :bawlin:

I'm now in my third long time relationship, hopefully my last, and tbh, I don't need that marriage stuff anymore.
I'm happy with the way things are.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:07 am

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Yeah, its cute!

You think so? Great, that's on the list then. Thanks JJ :wubbers:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby HobbitFeet » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:07 am

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Yeah, its cute!

if not a little sticky :mrgreen:
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:09 am

Holly wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Ladies of the forum - when you were proposed to was it everything you hoped it would be? Was it romantic, were you surprised, or could it have been a lot better?

Nope, done it twice, I never had that romantic knee bend :bawlin:

I'm now in my third long time relationship, hopefully my last, and tbh, I don't need that marriage stuff anymore.
I'm happy with the way things are.

What were they both like though, were you surprised or did you see it coming? And at that time, would you have liked it to be romantic, especially the first time being proposed to?
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:10 am

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Yeah, its cute!

If you've said you'll never marry though, you should make sure the planning is obvious so she doesn't think you just did it in a 'we might as well' sort of regard.

Just saw the edit.

Good idea, I'll definitely do that :thumbsup:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Holly » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:18 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

She's a bit like that actually, definitely doesn't like being centre of attention. I'd never want to embarrass her either, that's why i need ideas, i don't want it to be crap either.

You sound like a lovely guy.
When you're ready, just prepare a very simple little meal for her at home (doesn't have to be anything elaborate, crisps and dip will probably do LOL) and have a bottle of bubbles ready, bit of nice background music, candle light, and Bob's your uncle.
I know it's a bit old fashion, but works every time, I promise you.
That's how I would like it.

Oh, and definitely go down on your knee :smilin:
Holly
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms