Are we seeing a new Russian Revolution

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Are we seeing a new Russian Revolution

Postby Raving NLI » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:It's more likely we're seeing an erosion of Putin's power.

There are rumours that apart from his troubles in Ukraine Vladimir Putin has been seriously ill for some time. A quick victory in Ukraine would have been enough for him to stabilise his power base and give him time to concentrate on creating and orderly succession - that's a luxury he no longer has.

Russia is now weaker than it was a week ago.

Russian Storm Assault Unit have called Prighozin a coward and said they would have followed him and Wagner into Moscow.
The Rostov on Don armed forces, including the airfield, didn’t lift s finger against him.
So too the garrisons of two more cities along the M4 to Moscow.
He’d have succeeded, with little or no resistance.
It’s a shame he turned back, Russians are fed up with the Putin regime.

Hitler said about Russia something along the lines of “all you have to do is kick the door in and the whole rotten edifice will come crashing down.”
Prighozin had the door(s) held wide open for him by Russians, military and civilians.
There is clearly massive discontent with the special military operation, and now it’s out in the open.

In WW1, fed up with war, Russian troops simply stopped fighting, withdrew and marched home.
They’ll be well aware of that, and the ease with which Prighozin had Moscow at his mercy.
I’m wondering what will happen now, the general staff were ignored when Prighozin marched into Russia.

Add the Russian Freedom Fighters to the equation and it could all get very intetesting.
Raving NLI

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:24 pm

Why don't you just login?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:36 pm

Stooo wrote:Why don't you just login?

It's the principal of the thing he doesn't post here anymore.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Raving NLI wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Raving NLI wrote:
Holly wrote:
Raving NLI wrote:
Agreed C.J., however as and when and if he goes, by natural or “unnatural” death, he will leave a power vacuum.
Who will replace him? We must be careful what we wish for, the next person to takeover could me even more of a bastard.
Putin is the glue that’s held together the Russian Federation, whilst some far flung parts of the federation have openly been discussing autonomy - especially when they’ve seen their men selected as cannon fodder whilst the richer western parts of Russia, like Moscow and St Petersburg have been relatively untouched.

I’m reminded of the death of Tito, the break up of Yugoslavia and the Balkan’s war erupting into ethnic genocide and lots of rape and pillage
Slovenia, being furthest from Belgrade, simply put up border posts and declared independence.
So when Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Montenegro and Kosovo tried to do the same Belgrade tried to impose its will by force.
It was a bloodbath, total slaughter of men women and children with no quarter given.

Will Putin’s eventual eventual demise lead to another Russian civil war?
I really don’t know, but there are some worrying times ahead for Russian citizens.
If Ukraine’s counter offensive succeeds and all Russian forces forced out of Ukraine, especially Crimea, the shit will hit the fan too.

That's exactly it. Who will replace him? It might be someone even more dictatorial just waiting in the wings to get the ultimate power.
Better the devil we know, than the one we don't I guess.
I can't see Russia becoming a democracy should Putin fall, can you?

Personally I would like a non-war mongering despot like Putin himself taking over.
I would prefer to see a western orientated, democracy loving new leader like Navalny.
That would bring peace and reconciliation with Ukraine and the west and NATO.
Ordinary Russians deserve a lot better than what they’ve had to endure for decades.
They’re a matin that has a lot to offer the international community.
Wholesale changes would be needed, the removal of oligarchs and state ownership of their companies, that they were simply handed, so as to enrich ordinary Russians.
It’s s fanciful dream, I just wish the best for the Russian people,

You really see a return to communism as being some kind of antidote for the mess that is Russia?

Are you saying the Labour Party are communists?

Read again my bit about Navalny, western leaning and Navalny.

HTH

The Labour party talk about discussing utilities.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:Why don't you just login?

It's the principal of the thing he doesn't post here anymore.

That's a bit gay.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Raving NLI wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Raving NLI wrote:
Holly wrote:That's exactly it. Who will replace him? It might be someone even more dictatorial just waiting in the wings to get the ultimate power.
Better the devil we know, than the one we don't I guess.
I can't see Russia becoming a democracy should Putin fall, can you?

Personally I would like a non-war mongering despot like Putin himself taking over.
I would prefer to see a western orientated, democracy loving new leader like Navalny.
That would bring peace and reconciliation with Ukraine and the west and NATO.
Ordinary Russians deserve a lot better than what they’ve had to endure for decades.
They’re a matin that has a lot to offer the international community.
Wholesale changes would be needed, the removal of oligarchs and state ownership of their companies, that they were simply handed, so as to enrich ordinary Russians.
It’s s fanciful dream, I just wish the best for the Russian people,

You really see a return to communism as being some kind of antidote for the mess that is Russia?

Are you saying the Labour Party are communists?

Read again my bit about Navalny, western leaning and Navalny.

HTH

The Labour party talk about discussing utilities.

The Labour party talk about nationalising utilities.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Raving NLI » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:18 pm

“Nationalization (nationalisation in British English) is the process of transforming privately-owned assets into public assets by bringing them under the public ownership of a national government or state,”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa ... or%20state.

A western leaning, democracy loving Russian president, could take back the companies handed to oligarchs and put them in public ownership to enrich the lives of all of the Russian people.

Why are you even arguing this?

Fuck communism!

And fuck semantics!
Raving NLI

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:35 pm

Raving NLI wrote:“Nationalization (nationalisation in British English) is the process of transforming privately-owned assets into public assets by bringing them under the public ownership of a national government or state,”

A western leaning, democracy loving Russian president, could take back the companies handed to oligarchs and put them in public ownership to enrich the lives of all of the Russian people.

Fuck communism!

And fuck semantics!

You mean extremism and populism. Marx said shit like we should work for 8 hrs, relax for 8 hrs and sleep for 8 hrs as a social contract. The current rise of interest rates to control inflation means that it's an anti-capitalistic totalitarian measure used to subjugate the masses by cutting off their means to access gentle capitalism, ie: shopping by pricing them out.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Very effective operators like Putin tend to be very effective at supressing liberal opposition.

The Shah of Iran used the apparatus of a police state to stifle all constitutional reform leaving the Theocratic movement headed by a group of religious extremists whose beliefs were informed by Ayatollah Khomeini. Prighozin is no moderate, most sources say he's even more an ultranationalists nutter than Putin
Cactus Jack

Postby Raving NLI » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raving NLI wrote:“Nationalization (nationalisation in British English) is the process of transforming privately-owned assets into public assets by bringing them under the public ownership of a national government or state,”

Fuck communism!

And fuck semantics!

You mean extremism and populism. Marx said shit like we should work for 8 hrs, relax for 8 hrs and sleep for 8 hrs as a social contract. The current rise of interest rates to control inflation means that it's an anti-capitalistic totalitarian measure used to subjugate the masses by cutting off their means to access gentle capitalism, ie: shopping by pricing them out.

Russians deserve to get from under the heel of a despot.
We deserve a better government that actually gives a shit about the poor instead of lining their own pockets.
All very idealistic, we can but hope that ordinary peoples lives improve, no matter where.

On topic, I do hope all the cannon fodder states in the Russian federation become even more disgruntled.
And I do hope the troops in Ukraine say “fuck this for a game of soldiers” and do a 1917 by marching home.
If they do it, Putin and his general staff will be fucked!
Raving NLI

Postby Raving NLI » Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:25 pm

Having not seen or heard from Yevgheny Prighozin, I’m getting a bit worried about him.
Novichok, Polonium tea, Polonium laced underpants, 12 floor window fall, or a simple 9mm sleeping tablet to the temple?
Raving NLI

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:57 am

Raving NLI wrote:Having not seen or heard from Yevgheny Prighozin, I’m getting a bit worried about him.
Novichok, Polonium tea, Polonium laced underpants, 12 floor window fall, or a simple 9mm sleeping tablet to the temple?

I doubt he's sleeping on Lukashenko's couch... indeed where is he?

Belarus leader Lukashenko’s purported mediation in Kremlin crisis stretches credibility to the limit
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/25/euro ... index.html
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Raving NLI » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:48 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Raving NLI wrote:Having not seen or heard from Yevgheny Prighozin, I’m getting a bit worried about him.

I doubt he's sleeping on Lukashenko's couch... indeed where is he?

Belarus leader Lukashenko’s purported mediation in Kremlin crisis stretches credibility to the limit
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/25/euro ... index.html

I read a report this morning about Storm Force Z calling Prighozin a coward because they’ve stated they’d have joined Wagner to March on Moscow.
Putin and his generals are losing control, there’s a lot of dissatisfaction within the Russian forces and it’s likely to spread unless something is done.
Mass executions will only lead to more dissent, Putin is on thin ice.
Raving NLI

Postby Raving NLI » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:23 am

“A Russian criminal case against mercenary leader Yevgeny Prigozhin for mutiny remains open and is still being investigated, the Kommersant newspaper and Russia's three main news agencies reported on Monday, citing unidentified sources.

Russia's three main news agencies - TASS, RIA and Interfax - also reported that the criminal case against Prigozhin remained open and that the investigation was continuing.
"The criminal case against Prigozhin has not stopped," TASS cited a source close to the prosecutor's office as saying. "The investigation is ongoing."

The prison term under Russian law for such a crime is 12-20 https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ru ... s%20saying.

How very Russian! Putin “my word is my bond.”

Very Arthur Daley.
Raving NLI

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:34 am

Has Putin gone AWOL too?
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms