Happy Anniversary Ukraine/Russia

A right load of bollocks...

Happy Anniversary Ukraine/Russia

Postby 4 Horseman » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:11 pm

All quiet on the eastern front today, well relatively speaking give that Putin said he would mark the anniversary with something really big.

I was half expecting a nuclear test in the far north, or a few massive offensives from many different directions, but Putin doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment.

Perhaps the Chinese foreign minister told him to calm down on his visit to Moscow.
4 Horseman

Re: Happy Anniversary Ukraine/Russia

Postby Liking Chinese intervention » Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:29 pm

The Chinese proposal of a 12 point peace plan is good news, they clearly want this senseless war to end.
It’s also interesting to note that it’s come after a Chinese foreign ministry visit to Moscow, and it’s perhaps because of them that Putin didn’t escalate on the anniversary of the war.
The Chinese might have talked some sense into Putin, and with growing pressure at home, he must be getting pressure about the enormous cost of wasted Russian lives, loss of military equipment and the ridiculous costs to Russia of this stupid war.
His own people deserve better.
Watching TV news, it would seem that 5 of the 12 points are acceptable to the west, it’s a start.
It’s good to talk.
Zelensky wants to meet the Chinese leader, and I suspect that he will tell them he wants peace, but with his country’s 1991 borders being reinstated.
Putin wants to keep Crimea, but it seems inevitable that he will lose it because the Ukrainians will reach a stage of being well armed enough to retake it, and unless Putin wants to lose even men and military equipment he won’t be able to stop it.
Unless he fires nukes, and the Chinese have told him that that is a big no no.
The Chinese have very good reasons to play peacemaker here, and their own motives aside, peace needs to be given a chance.
Liking Chinese intervention

Postby China scared into action » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:20 pm

China has to be nice to the West, it has no choice.
China scared into action

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:38 am

Genuine question,
Does anyone believe Putin will eventually capitulate? Will he admit defeat? Can he afford it?

This is interesting

Holly
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:52 am

I think Russian morale Russian economics Russian weapons and ammo supply lack of international support internal strife from the populace to the billionaires to the generals is all about to coalesce and the whole thing will collapse.
Russia will go back home.
Russia is not far off broken now in every sense.
Russia will never recover.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Holly » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:07 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I think Russian morale Russian economics Russian weapons and ammo supply lack of international support internal strife from the populace to the billionaires to the generals is all about to coalesce and the whole thing will collapse.

Yes, but...

Is China providing Russia with weapons?

China has become an increasingly important trading partner for Russia as it seeks to soften the impact of economic sanctions imposed by some countries in response to its invasion of Ukraine.

The United States now says Beijing is considering supplying weapons and ammunition to Russia, allegations which China strongly denies.

The US says Chinese firms have already provided "non-lethal support" to Russia, and that it has new information suggesting Beijing could soon provide "lethal support".

https://www.bbc.com/news/60571253
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Wakey wakey! » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:12 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I think Russian morale Russian economics Russian weapons and ammo supply lack of international support internal strife from the populace to the billionaires to the generals is all about to coalesce and the whole thing will collapse.

You’ve changed your tune.
Wakey wakey!

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:16 am

Holly wrote:Genuine question,
Does anyone believe Putin will eventually capitulate? Will he admit defeat? Can he afford it?

This is interesting

If he relinquishes power, he is completely stuffed.
He’s far too much to lose, at best he will end up in jail, at worst killed.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:53 am

Worryingly, a paper has come to light regarding Russia absorbing Belorussian territory into Russia.
That’s not good, but added to the fact that a minister in Minsk is also saying that, added to existing armed forces, they have 1.5 million potential troops in reserve, it becomes a bit sinister.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:23 pm

Wakey wakey! wrote:

But you're dumb enough to have had one point of view all the way through an ever changing situation.
My point of view may well change again as the story unfolds.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Wakey wakey! wrote:

But you're dumb enough to have had one point of view all the way through an ever changing situation.

How very Italian of you :gigglesnshit:

When you bet on horses, do you place your bets just before the finishing line? :mrgreen:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:47 pm

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Wakey wakey! wrote:

When you bet on horses, do you place your bets just before the finishing line? :mrgreen:

You show an absolute lack of understanding of the basics of an unfolding war.
In this war massive damage has been done to the structure of Ukraine and it's people by an overwhelming force.
It lost the east of it's country.
The overwhelming force has made major mistakes along the way that could now well be it's undoing.
There are so many factors in play including external ones that to compare it to gambling on a horse race exposes your naivety.
To take on board one side of the story one side of the propaganda and stick with it is nothing more than blind hope.
To truly dig deeper and watch this ever changing event unfold is very different.
Why do they have judges at a world heavyweight fight... is it because as the fight unfolds the perspective keeps changing.
Makes no difference to the fight which one you put your money on.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:49 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Wakey wakey! wrote:

You show an absolute lack of understanding of the basics of an unfolding war.
In this war massive damage has been done to the structure of Ukraine and it's people by an overwhelming force.
It lost the east of it's country.
The overwhelming force has made major mistakes along the way that could now well be it's undoing.
There are so many factors in play including external ones that to compare it to gambling on a horse race exposes your naivety.
To take on board one side of the story one side of the propaganda and stick with it is nothing more than blind hope.
To truly dig deeper and watch this ever changing event unfold is very different.
Why do they have judges at a world heavyweight fight... is it because as the fight unfolds the perspective keeps changing.
Makes no difference to the fight which one you put your money on.

What a roundabout way to state that you have left your original position of pro-Russian to now start backing Ukraine.
:awesome:

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:17 pm

I have never been pro anyone or anything regarding this war and its many players.
Quite a few on here cry pro Putin the minute anyone diverges from the MSM story.
The minute anyone questions the official claptrap people like you start wringing their hands.
In Mao's China and Stalin's Russia people like you were ignorant informers and would have been responsible for the deaths of many innocent people.
You being unable to change position change points of view really show a lack of intelligence.
You actually show cowardice.
You wouldn't cut the mustard at being a judge at the heavyweight fight would you.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:05 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I have never been pro anyone or anything regarding this war and its many players.
Quite a few on here cry pro Putin the minute anyone diverges from the MSM story.
The minute anyone questions the official claptrap people like you start wringing their hands.
In Mao's China and Stalin's Russia people like you were ignorant informers and would have been responsible for the deaths of many innocent people.
You being unable to change position change points of view really show a lack of intelligence.
You actually show cowardice.
You wouldn't cut the mustard at being a judge at the heavyweight fight would you.

You tell ‘em rolly!
Not that I comprehend whatever point you’re trying to make with that rambling post.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms