Electric cars?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Electric cars?

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:12 am

car manufacturers make a thing of not using what they term 'conflict materials'

but they are no better and no worse than any other manufacturing process that uses cobalt

if we are playing oneupmanship shall we talk about the environmental damage caused by oil spills that are linked to diesel and petrol use?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:13 am

Rockstar wrote:
Holly wrote:I hope you all enjoy your electric cars, don't mind the children who have to dig for the cobalt day and night to just barely survive, while you lie in your cozy bed with a full belly, dreaming of your new electric toy.

Here you go, have a look while you're enjoying your electric cars.
I hope you feel good about it.

Just curious, where are all the hundreds and thousands of dead batteries actually going to end up?
The hypocrisy is mind boggling.
They want to get rid of one problem, yet create a much bigger one.

It was the same with the masks.
I wonder how many millions of them ended up in the ocean, but hey, that was for a good cause, right?

*rant against cobalt whilst furiously typing on iphone or tablet or laptop :pmsl: :pmsl:

Laptop actually, but yes, you're right.
However, unfortunately we can't do without that technology anymore, because it's being forced upon us.
I think the world was OK before tbh.
Our parents survived.

And I wasn't typing furiously :snooty:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:39 am

Holly wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Holly wrote:I hope you all enjoy your electric cars, don't mind the children who have to dig for the cobalt day and night to just barely survive, while you lie in your cozy bed with a full belly, dreaming of your new electric toy.

Just curious, where are all the hundreds and thousands of dead batteries actually going to end up?

I wonder how many millions of them ended up in the ocean, but hey, that was for a good cause, right?

*rant against cobalt whilst furiously typing on iphone or tablet or laptop :pmsl: :pmsl:

However, unfortunately we can't do without that technology anymore, because it's being forced upon us.
Our parents survived.

Ignore him, he makes shit up.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:35 am

HobbitFeet wrote:Why is there such a downer from some on here regarding electric vehicles?

The car industry across the western world is collapsing because billions have been invested in electric car manufacture and not enough people are buying them!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:40 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:Why is there such a downer from some on here regarding electric vehicles?

The car industry across the western world is collapsing because billions have been invested in electric car manufacture and not enough people are buying them!

so you keep saying

but for every article that you find saying that, I can find one that says the opposite (if I could be arsed)

there is always two sides to any controversial topic

but WHY do you care so much?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:43 am

for example

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 023-11-30/

what possible reason do Reuters have for lying?
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:23 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

so you keep saying

but for every article that you find saying that, I can find one that says the opposite (if I could be arsed)

Care?
I'm on a discussion forum where we... discuss stuff. :ooer:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:23 pm

Holly wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Our parents survived.

Yeah it's shit but there's not many other ways to make any money there but you bet your arse that there's some billionaire behind it and coining it in. Batteries are pretty recyclable.

Nothing was forced on us, we gladly chose it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Good.

You can't get parts for Saabs, Sonyang cars take months for delivery of parts and BMW has stopped producing ICE powertrains.

Two solutions:

Decent public transport.

Decent public transport.

Meanwhile HS2 is cancelled...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:36 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

so you keep saying

Here's a pretty good source and it seems I'm not totally correct but there is a very serious decline in the British car industry for a variety of reasons it would seem.
The UK car industry's prospects go from bad to worse
The UK is at risk of falling behind in the shift to electrification.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/uk-car-industrys-prospects-go-bad-worse#:~:text=The%20UK%20is%20not%20at,Sunderland%20plant%2C%20creating%201%2C650%20jobs.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:37 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

so you keep saying

Here's a pretty good source and it seems I'm not totally correct but there is a very serious decline in the British car industry for a variety of reasons it would seem.
The UK car industry's prospects go from bad to worse
The UK is at risk of falling behind in the shift to electrification.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/uk-car-industrys-prospects-go-bad-worse#:~:text=The%20UK%20is%20not%20at,Sunderland%20plant%2C%20creating%201%2C650%20jobs.

I think that it's just Morgan now.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:40 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Good.

You can't get parts for Saabs, Sonyang cars take months for delivery of parts and BMW has stopped producing ICE powertrains.

Two solutions:

Decent public transport.

Decent public transport.

There will never be decent public transport across the UK.
The WEF of course want to force everyone into cities so then public transport will of course work.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Good.

Two solutions:

Decent public transport.

Decent public transport.

There will never be decent public transport across the UK.
The WEF of course want to force everyone into cities so then public transport will of course work.

The WHO wouldn’t like that, easing the transmission of communicable diseases is not a good idea.

Postby Snookerballs » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:16 am

Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:05 pm

Snookerballs wrote:hope it was not ArchieG driving to the mainland . ?

https://www.islandecho.co.uk/suspected-fire-on-st-faith-sees-fire-crews-rush-to-wightlink-terminal/

Are you hoping his goose was well and truly cooked?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms