Puzzles riddles paradoxes #4

A right load of bollocks...

Puzzles riddles paradoxes #4

Postby .SF. » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:07 am

You're travelling in time to a point in the future when Scotland has become independent and all the Scots are in Scotland and all the English are in England. One day the border is unfrozen between overpopulated England and underpopulated Scotland. English swarm into Scotland and some less fussy Scots venture into England. If the population of each country is the same as it was before, is it true, as the Prime Minister declared, that there are as many English in Scotland as Scots in England?
.SF.

Re: Puzzles riddles paradoxes #3

Postby .SF. » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:20 pm

WombatDeath wrote:
.SF. wrote:You're travelling in time to a point in the future when Scotland has become independent and all the Scots are in Scotland and all the English are in England. One day the border is unfrozen between overpopulated England and underpopulated Scotland. English swarm into Scotland and some less fussy Scots venture into England. If the population of each country is the same as it was before, is it true, as the Prime Minister declared, that there are as many English in Scotland as Scots in England?

You accused me of having a twist in my last puzzle and I'm accusing you of having a twist in this one, although I have no idea what it is.

Spoiler: show
On the face of it, surely the PM is correct. If the population of each country is unchanged, then there must be X people going from Scotland to England and X people going in the other direction.

No, no twist, and exactly as you explained it :thumbsup:
.SF.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:30 pm

.SF. wrote:You're travelling in time to a point in the future when Scotland has become independent and all the Scots are in Scotland and all the English are in England. One day the border is unfrozen between overpopulated England and underpopulated Scotland. English swarm into Scotland and some less fussy Scots venture into England. If the population of each country is the same as it was before, is it true, as the Prime Minister declared, that there are as many English in Scotland as Scots in England?
:yikes:

Aesop’s fables?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby WombatDeath » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 am

.SF. wrote:
WombatDeath wrote:

You accused me of having a twist in my last puzzle and I'm accusing you of having a twist in this one, although I have no idea what it is.

On the face of it, surely the PM is correct. If the population of each country is unchanged, then there must be X people going from Scotland to England and X people going in the other direction.

Clearly we have become overly cynical and suspicious.

I'm going to be away for a few days to help my mum move into a retirement flat by the sea. Happy puzzling to you all in my absence!
WombatDeath

Postby .SF. » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:33 pm

WombatDeath wrote:
.SF. wrote:
WombatDeath wrote:

Clearly we have become overly cynical and suspicious.

I'm going to be away for a few days to help my mum move into a retirement flat by the sea. Happy puzzling to you all in my absence!

Hope it goes well
.SF.

Postby Text » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:13 pm

WombatDeath wrote:Clearly we have become overly cynical and suspicious.

How exciting. Good luck, Wombs.xx
I will postpone my quiz for a few days then. :thumbsup:
Text

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Text wrote:
.SF. wrote:I'm hoping Raven will be able to finish these off; he was the one who asked for a space theme and I feel bad he's not been around to do a few. If he's really Missing in Action I'll drop by later to see what I can do, if not maybe Bridge Guest will be able to mop things up.
PS Text if you're reading do you have another of your specials to throw this way?

Didn't he sort of flounce to a football forum? :ooer: I may be wrong tho.
Raven is very 'hyper' ... & that's a mixed blessing for this site. I mean his hyperactivity does make this site busier, which is a good thing. But the downside is that he can be very overwhelming, t.b.b.h.
When he returns I might dig something up, SF.

I became far too interested in the Ladies Euros Tournament, which has been fascinating to watch, plus the Leeds United forums where Leeds fans have been moaning like crazy about inward and outward transfer activity and the maddening aspects of not getting in players for certain positions.

All in all, I would have to say it is the Ladies Euros tho' that have been my main focus, and I am miffed that you guys had Space anagrams in my absence. Bastards!!!! :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby WombatDeath » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:49 pm

Text wrote:

It turns out that decanting mum from her house was a lot easier than I expected, so I am now back and looking forward to your quiz!
WombatDeath

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:45 pm

WombatDeath wrote:
Text wrote:

It turns out that decanting mum from her house was a lot easier than I expected, so I am now back and looking forward to your quiz!

Welcome back, where is the cosmos quiz?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Text » Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:55 pm

WombatDeath wrote:It turns out that decanting mum from her house was a lot easier than I expected,

so I am now back and looking forward to your quiz!

Good. :laughing: I'm finally getting in quiz mode too. :Hiya: I've dug one up, it does need a few tweaks, I'll post it tomorrow or monday.
Text

Postby LordRaven » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 pm

Very Easy Space Quiz...

Americana clogged lull
Acclaimed gallon mulls
Colour dot
Pi Bert leek
Gala Maddy Roxanne
Get lube see
Anal Bell Vent
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby .SF. » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:13 am

As always, they're only easy when you know the answers!

Anyway I'll have a go. Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...

#1 Small Magellanic Cloud
.SF.

Postby LordRaven » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:09 pm

.SF. wrote:As always, they're only easy when you know the answers!

Anyway I'll have a go. Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...

#1 Small Magellanic Cloud

Yes, agreed, I know exactly what you mean.

Have fun with them.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby WombatDeath » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:15 pm

Unlike SF I'm lazy and prefer the low-hanging fruit:

#3 is Oort cloud
#4 is almost but not quite Kuiper belt
WombatDeath

Postby WombatDeath » Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:16 pm

LordRaven wrote:Welcome back, where is the cosmos quiz?

It's two weeks ago!
WombatDeath

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms