Ghislaine Maxwell documentary Ch4 10pm tonight

A right load of bollocks...

Ghislaine Maxwell documentary Ch4 10pm tonight

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:18 pm

A three part documentary starts tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.

Ghislaine Maxwell: The Making of a Monster

Documentary profile of the sex trafficker, being told over three nights, beginning by delving into her lavish childhood in the shadow of a tyrannical father and examining if this affected the woman she was to become. Her father's death left the family penniless and ostracised, but Ghislaine's move to New York in the early 1990s, and association with a mysterious money manager, enabled her to make a new start. But at what price?
Grafenwalder

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell documentary Ch4 10pm tonight

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:48 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:A three part documentary starts tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.

Documentary profile of the sex trafficker, being told over three nights, beginning by delving into her lavish childhood in the shadow of a tyrannical father and examining if this affected the woman she was to become. Her father's death left the family penniless and ostracised, but Ghislaine's move to New York in the early 1990s, and association with a mysterious money manager, enabled her to make a new start. But at what price?

There's a few people who say her father knew Epstein before he died, so Ghislaine would have known him before she left for New York. You should watch Scouting for girls a three part documentary showing a link between Epstein, Jean luc Brunel and the industrial rape of very young girls. It's frightening how this was done under the ligitimate guise of the modelling industry

Postby .SF. » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:58 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:A three part documentary starts tonight at 10pm on Channel 4.

20 years, $3/4 million fine, and five million in legal fees?
.SF.

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:13 pm

Scouting For Girls is recommended by others, I've not read it myself yet.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:15 pm

Guest wrote:

You should watch Scouting for girls a three part documentary..

I don't have Sky.
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:28 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't have Sky.

OK. The rest of my post still stands. There's a lot of stuff out there on Maxwell and Epstein. I'll be watching this three parter tonight too.
Her father didn't leave his family penniless, it's a bit like when Prince Harry said he was cut off financially.
Everyone of the Maxwell siblings have houses and money. She wasn't living on skid row, she had an £80.000 a year trust fund. She abused girls because she could. She is where she belongs. I've flip flopped too as to whether she should get say 5 years or the practically rest of her life sentence she has got. But tbh I think she got what she deserves

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:36 pm

Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't have Sky.

OK. The rest of my post still stands. There's a lot of stuff out there on Maxwell and Epstein. I'll be watching this three parter tonight too.
Her father didn't leave his family penniless, it's a bit like when Prince Harry said he was cut off financially.
Everyone of the Maxwell siblings have houses and money. She wasn't living on skid row, she had an £80.000 a year trust fund. She abused girls because she could. She is where she belongs. I've flip flopped too as to whether she should get say 5 years or the practically rest of her life sentence she has got. But tbh I think she got what she deserves

BBC2 screened a three part documentary in March, "House of Maxwell", still on iplayer if you missed it; https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... of-maxwell

It's mainly about the drowning of Maxwell at sea - was he pushed, was it suicide, or pure accidental? What hadn't been published before is the frantic phone calls between Mirror group execs knowing the finances were up shit creek, desperately trying to get Maxwell to answer the phone.

Ghislaine only comes into the doc half way through but she comes across as a spoiled child from the outset. Where the two sons did actually work, she doesn't seem to have done a tap in her entire life and had an allowance off Daddy. The family itself was unconventional and dysfunctional.
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 pm

It’s a toss up between that and the pub watching the lionesses.

Such a tough call :more beer: :more beer: :more beer: :Hiya:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:38 pm

LordRaven wrote:

I hope you chose the pub over the need for more material to post on here!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Meh - I was hoping to educate you lot with some informative documentaries instead of the daily tv tripe trash most appear to soak up. :woteva:
Grafenwalder

Postby Junglejayne » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Meh - I was hoping to educate you lot with some informative documentaries instead of the daily tv tripe trash most appear to soak up. :woteva:

You obviously don't read the tv thread... which is where we discuss whatever we might be watching. :whistle:
Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:50 am

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

BBC2 screened a three part documentary in March, "House of Maxwell", still on iplayer if you missed it; https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/ ... of-maxwell

It's mainly about the drowning of Maxwell at sea - was he pushed, was it suicide, or pure accidental? What hadn't been published before is the frantic phone calls between Mirror group execs knowing the finances were up shit creek, desperately trying to get Maxwell to answer the phone.

Ghislaine only comes into the doc half way through but she comes across as a spoiled child from the outset. Where the two sons did actually work, she doesn't seem to have done a tap in her entire life and had an allowance off Daddy. The family itself was unconventional and dysfunctional.

I've seen it, it's an eye opener on the warped Maxwell clan. There's a bit on there where Ghislaine is asked if she's happy, this is when she first moved to New York, she takes a while to answer but goes on to say that she wants to be remembered. She must certainly will be now

Postby LordRaven » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:19 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

The Lionesses and the NI ladies team need support.
I’ll be choosing them over this Maxwell garbage.
She’s been jailed for criminal behaviour, as an inmate I’m sure she’ll have time to reflect on her behaviour.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:57 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Meh - I was hoping to educate you lot with some informative documentaries instead of the daily tv tripe trash most appear to soak up. :woteva:

You obviously don't read the tv thread... which is where we discuss whatever we might be watching. :whistle:

I have actually. I thought this would merit a separate thread particularly given the flurry of posts over Maxwells sentencing but it seems a factual documentary isn't Hollywood enough.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:11 pm

Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:

I've seen it, it's an eye opener on the warped Maxwell clan. There's a bit on there where Ghislaine is asked if she's happy, this is when she first moved to New York, she takes a while to answer but goes on to say that she wants to be remembered. She must certainly will be now

Yes the family were odd to say the least and it seems the father ruled quite brutally, though not to Ghislaine. She grew up expecting the mans role was there purely to provide. I thought the first part was rather slow but last nights second part was really on fire so i'm looking forward to tonights final episode. The Australian couple who managed Epsteins island were extremely careful with what they said during their interview, keen to maintain that 'upstairs downstairs' setting. Funny how that American lawyer referred to Prince Andrew as the Prince of England! :laughing:
Grafenwalder

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms