Strikes

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Strikes

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:24 am

Stooo wrote:The second national postal strike is tomorrow I'm personally sorry for any delays or inconveniences. I am going to be out of pocket myself because you don't get paid to strike but the stakes are very high for the people who worked to produce massive profits through lockdown and got a £200 (before tax) bonus as thanks, they're paying our managers between £1000 and £1500 just to turn up on four strike days.

That just means bills won't be delivered till the next day :dunno:
I get mainly energy bills and junk mail from royal mail. So I really don't give a shit if you stay on strike forever or it closes down for good tbh.
Any parcels are delivered by other companies.
I can'r even remember the last time I bought a stamp

Postby Stooo » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:36 pm

Another decent turn out this morning :thumbsup:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:37 pm

I got a letter from HR today that was sent to all RM CWU members and with several subtle threats including job losses saying that business is down. I'm not being funny but I kicked off six cages of bulk and industrial deliveries this morning just to concentrate on residential deliveries, the whole depot has been manic all week I even did some overtime today :ooer: Bonus payments have gone out as well as share dividends to senior management, I personally got twenty four quid rather than the millions that our chief shareholder got (also the biggest importer of Russian gas to Europe) but I'm out straining my back for these cunts #EnoughIsEnough
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:51 pm

Stooo wrote:I got a letter from HR today that was sent to all RM CWU members and with several subtle threats including job losses saying that business is down. I'm not being funny but I kicked off six cages of bulk and industrial deliveries this morning just to concentrate on residential deliveries, the whole depot has been manic all week I even did some overtime today :ooer: Bonus payments have gone out as well as share dividends to senior management, I personally got twenty four quid rather than the millions that our chief shareholder got (also the biggest importer of Russian gas to Europe) but I'm out straining my back for these cunts #EnoughIsEnough

Stooo I met an old guy in jail some forty years ago.
Never been in trouble till now.
The days of Royal mail.
His wife died and he ended up drifting around the country every day getting involved in his hobby... trains.
He sat on a large roll of carpet and looked at the address on a square of paper.
He walked to the newsagents booth and got himself an ink marker and went back to sitting on the carpet... where he proceeded to write his address over the original.
Carpet was delivered to his house.
He'd found a new hobby!
Over the next couple of years he gathered clocks machine parts for God nows what and a shit load of everything else.
He had labels made and started putting his hands through cages and planting them over the original address.
When it finally came on top his house was packed to tghe rafters and his shed he even got another shed.
He didn't make a penny or make use of anything which came his way... it was just a hobby!
People were almost queuing up to talk to this guy.
The copycat effect must have been huge!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:50 pm

As far as I'm aware none of these strikes have had any impact on my very rural life.
The post? Less junk is always welcome.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:20 pm

Tomorrows postal strike has been cancelled out of respect for the death of the Queen.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:10 pm

The Rejoin EU march has also been postponed out of respect for the passing of Elizabeth.

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:08 pm

Stooo wrote:The Rejoin EU march has also been postponed out of respect for the passing of Elizabeth

You must be devastated.

Not so much about the Queen, but that your silly march has been called off.

Have you unsealed your letterbox yet?
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:17 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:The Rejoin EU march has also been postponed out of respect for the passing of Elizabeth

You must be devastated.

Not so much about the Queen, but that your silly march has been called off.

Have you unsealed your letterbox yet?

I'm cool with it as a show of respect and the fact like cunts like you would vilify industrial action at a time of national mourning, did you wipe your face?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
I'm cool with it as a show of respect and the fact like cunts like you would vilify industrial action at a time of national mourning, did you wipe your face?

We're still allowed to talk about other things you know, despite the Queen dying. I suspect you will be referring to 'national mourning' a lot over the next few weeks every time someone pulls you up over something.

FWIW I believe your march should have gone ahead. As should all the sporting fixtures called off this weekend. The postponement of everything should happen on the day of the funeral only imo.

Personally, I was looking forward to going to the Emirates on Sunday to see Arsenal play. Apart from the disappointment of not going, it's no big deal as it's not too far to travel to. But every weekend, fans fly in from all over the world to see their teams play. Most of those trips will be non-refundable at short notice. Plus you have the staff at all the sporting venues who won't get paid, and who may have been relying on the money.

Nothing else has changed - people will still go to work this weekend, and shops will still open, trains and buses will run, you can still go to the cinema or eat out in a restaurant. Targeting sporting events this weekend doesn't sit right with me. I'm all for it on the day of the funeral, out of respect, and so that those involved have notice. But cancelling stuff this weekend, nah.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:14 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:

We're still allowed to talk about other things you know, despite the Queen dying. I suspect you will be referring to 'national mourning' a lot over the next few weeks every time someone pulls you up over something.

FWIW I believe your march should have gone ahead. As should all the sporting fixtures called off this weekend. The postponement of everything should happen on the day of the funeral only imo.

Personally, I was looking forward to going to the Emirates on Sunday to see Arsenal play. Apart from the disappointment of not going, it's no big deal as it's not too far to travel to. But every weekend, fans fly in from all over the world to see their teams play. Most of those trips will be non-refundable at short notice. Plus you have the staff at all the sporting venues who won't get paid, and who may have been relying on the money.

Nothing else has changed - people will still go to work this weekend, and shops will still open, trains and buses will run, you can still go to the cinema or eat out in a restaurant. Targeting sporting events this weekend doesn't sit right with me. I'm all for it on the day of the funeral, out of respect, and so that those involved have notice. But cancelling stuff this weekend, nah.

It's a time of national mourning and respecting that is at the front of the queue at the moment. I could rail on about the usual shit policies of the tories but this is where we are at the moment.

It's a bad time to give everything a pause but what else can you do when the Head of State dies?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:41 pm

Stooo wrote:It's a time of national mourning and respecting that is at the front of the queue at the moment. I could rail on about the usual shit policies of the tories but this is where we are at the moment.

It's a bad time to give everything a pause but what else can you do when the Head of State dies?

It's got nothing to do with 'the Tories' FFS

You will milk every situation, no matter how dark or serious, to try and foist your political views on others, just as you did with the murder of Olivia Pratt-Korbel. The thing is, you're not very good at it and rely on twitter for your soundbites, No one's biting this time though, or shouldn't do if they have any sense.

Meantime you will hide behind the skirts of 'national mourning' to try and further your anti Tory/Brexit nonsense.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:27 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:It's a time of national mourning and respecting that is at the front of the queue at the moment. I could rail on about the usual shit policies of the tories but this is where we are at the moment.

It's got nothing to do with 'the Tories' FFS

You will milk every situation, no matter how dark or serious, to try and foist your political views on others, just as you did with the murder of Olivia Pratt-Korbel. The thing is, you're not very good at it and rely on twitter for your soundbites, No one's biting this time though, or shouldn't do if they have any sense.

Meantime you will hide behind the skirts of 'national mourning' to try and further your anti Tory/Brexit nonsense.

That's not what I said at all.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:19 pm

:thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:48 pm

Stooo wrote:

:thumbsup:

Is that you waving on the overpass Stooo?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms