Rolluplostinspace wrote:I just answered that

With respect, you didn't.
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: The cost of living!

Postby LordRaven » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:2008 and 8's global debts haven't been dealt with yet and in fact they have been massively added to again and again.
This level f debt is impossible to sustain.
There ae no answers no ways out.
In comes the great reset which I think we all need to start researching and understanding as best we can because the whole global thing will just collapse at some point with the gentlest of nudges.
I reckon despite all the complaints we in the west have lived the dream post WW2.
Every thing has been a breeze.
So much comfort so much excess so much safety and security the very thought of the whole thing crashing around our ears is near impossible to imagine but we really aren't doing anything in a sustainable manner.
When we arrive at a point where lying and deception are brazenly published and encouraged you know the whole thing is rotten on the inside.
The 21st century wasn't supposed to be like this.

Who is the money owed to?

I'm into HSBC on the credit card for a few quid but who is owed this vast and unimaginable sum of money?

I just answered that but to make it simple there's a vicious and massive circle of debt where almost all the debtors I mentioned owe money to each other.
At the end of the day everything is owed to the few at the top of the pyramid which is a handful of banking families.
You don't like answers like that though and start talking about conspiracy theorists.
The money goes forever upward it never comes down.
We do not live in an economically benign world.
It is vicious dishonest selfish and in many areas many times criminal.
We are now at the point where the world is saturated in debt.
We are at the point where there are now no fixes.
We are in a trap.
We are in a death spiral that some may see as mismanagement or a series of mistakes.
I see it as the coming to fruition of well laid plans.

I am in no debt at all, I have a debit card only and a healthy bank balance (at the moment :ooer: ), and I "always look on the bright side of life."

However, I know what you mean and I do find it annoying that everything is based on debt, but that is the way the world banking system works.

Unless, we have a great reset, as you have stated.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:07 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:There is no bright side to run away inflation based on too much debt.

What's the fucking bright side of inflation anywhere?

I guess the bright side is folks may learn about run away debt and spending, but I'm not optimistic.

Debt to who? :dunno:

The public in the western world and especially so in the US/UK are in record debt for just about everything you can get in debt for so from there it's not difficult t figure out who the public owe.
Then those companies who the public owe are in massive debt to banks and credit houses.
Governments are in debt on a scale that dwarfs anything in history.
They owe pension funds insurance companies banks investment houses and so on.
Some domestic banks will probably collapse this year in Spain Italy Germany because they are
in so much debt and on it goes but who are we in debt too?
I'm in no debt.

As I say, debt to who?

Private Banks.

They created it out of thin air and will delete it when it's repaid.

Postby Stooo » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:22 pm

Guest wrote:Private Banks.

Still nothing :flog:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:43 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:Private Banks.

Still nothing :flog:

Is this a case of you're dying to tell us?
If not Google is your friend too.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:22 pm

No it's not owed to the pubic.
You might say we were robbed but we weren't we had the money legally confiscated when we were forced to be the debtors to the Governments creditors.
We agree to that enforcement when when we join in the electoral process.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:18 am

Debt, in the case of Treasury notes, bonds and bills is owed to the entity that purchased that government note.

If that entity is a central bank, then it's owed to the central bank. But money created by the central bank isn't considered national debt. That ledger is only for money that the government owes. It could owe it to individuals, corporations, other countries, and increasingly to central banks.

Quantitative easing is a new way to get money back into the economy amd it doesn't need to involve government debt at all. Here in the US, the Fed purchases MBS's (mortgage backed securities) from private banks amd investors. That gives them more money to loan back into the economy. The Fed purchases these securities with money it invented for the sole purpose of stimulating the economy.

But when we say the US hit 30 trillion in debt this week, we don't count things like MBS. Only money our government has borrowed from a myriad of sources.
Maddog

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:36 am

Maddog wrote:Debt, in the case of Treasury notes, bonds and bills is owed to the entity that purchased that government note.

If that entity is a central bank, then it's owed to the central bank. But money created by the central bank isn't considered national debt. That ledger is only for money that the government owes. It could owe it to individuals, corporations, other countries, and increasingly to central banks.

Quantitative easing is a new way to get money back into the economy amd it doesn't need to involve government debt at all. Here in the US, the Fed purchases MBS's (mortgage backed securities) from private banks amd investors. That gives them more money to loan back into the economy. The Fed purchases these securities with money it invented for the sole purpose of stimulating the economy.

But when we say the US hit 30 trillion in debt this week, we don't count things like MBS. Only money our government has borrowed from a myriad of sources.

Strange old world.
The American taxpayer is paying the health costs and the pensions of the Chinese people.
Probably others too but China is the main one the biggy.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:47 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Maddog wrote:Debt, in the case of Treasury notes, bonds and bills is owed to the entity that purchased that government note.

Strange old world.
The American taxpayer is paying the health costs and the pensions of the Chinese people.
Probably others too but China is the main one the biggy.

We pay interest to China and a lot of folks.

Of course the interest is pretty low, but that's all about to change. Then we get to start spending a great deal of our national treasure paying interest. That leaves less for other spending, unless we borrow more or tax more.

Because of our position in this world, we can handle a lot of debt and can borrow at a pretty low rate. But the fundamentals will catch us. We are not immune.

You can't just borrow money every time you want to spend money. If we could, we could stop collecting taxes.

It's funny how we were told this inflation was transitory.

That word hasn't been used in a few months.

In private, the movers and shakers are saying "oh fuck" quite a bit.

Listen to people not on the government payroll or who are not hired cheerleaders.

They are very worried. Jerome Powell is trying to land a 747 on an aircraft carrier in rough seas wirh a frozen deck.
Maddog

Postby Bank of England » Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:58 am

Fractional reserve lending, where they lend cash they don't have, but take back money you do have.
Bank of England

Postby Bank of Africa » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:42 pm

Just give us lots of money, with an agreement we will never have to pay it back, and we will issue you contracts to help yourself to our natural resources and deal with any troublesome locals who interfere.
But that means only the ones that your own private security, which you must house fund and feed, cannot deal with them.
You will of course be required to pay for security and firearms licenses too, and all the aforementioned contracts will be reviewed and renewed annually with a new higher level of fee.
Lastly, any incentives you might wish to offer will be greatly accepted.
Bank of Africa

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:12 pm

Bank of England wrote:Fractional reserve lending, where they lend cash they don't have, but take back money you do have.

Yes, but that's not part of any country's national debt. That's on a private bank's balance sheet.

No doubt all FRB creates money and wealth, but modern economies don't suffer from inflation because of FRB.

Central banks are not loaning a portion of deposits when they engage in QE or open market operations.
Maddog

Postby Gabby » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:26 pm

25p increase on a large Tesco chicken, compared to this time last week! :again?:
Gabby

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:34 pm

Bailey said he had a "hard message" for the public.

"We have not raised interest rates today because the economy is roaring away," he told reporters. "An increase in Bank Rate is necessary because it is unlikely that inflation will return to target without it."

https://www.reuters.com/business/bank-e ... 022-02-03/

Bailey is on your monetary policy committee.

Folks that control your monetary policy, and therefore greatly impact your lives. As much as any politician, who gets most of the attention.

The system is designed that way. Politicians control fiscal policy, while monetary policy is a reaction to fiscal policy, and controlled by folks mostly outside of the political arena.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:39 pm

Gabby wrote:25p increase on a large Tesco chicken, compared to this time last week! :again?:

I just read that it's expected to peak in April over there.

Of course, this was by the same folks that said it would never get that high in the first place..

Economics is difficult in that once people start thinking a certain way, it's hard to turn the ship around. If people start spending like inflation is going to eat up their paycheck, it makes inflation even worse..
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms