A right load of bollocks...

Re: The cost of living!

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:57 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
We're doing far worse :smilin:

You think a 10% increase in the death rate is 'far worse' than a 37% increase?

When are you moving to Brussels btw? If you had any pride, you would have fucked off years ago, instead of staying put and moaning every day about how shit it is here, and how great it is in the EU.

No freedom of movement mate, didn't you read the regs?

Does freedom of movement mean that you can't apply to legally immigrate to Belgium/France/Germany/Spain or other EU countries?
Do the Syrians showing up in boats have the freedom of movement then?
What's to stop you taking a boat to France and then Travelling to Belgium?
I'm posting from Germany I had no problems :dunno:

You're posting from a proxy.

I understand that a bunch of Spanish immigrants from here are about to have a protest at the UK Embassy in Madrid because like you, they didn't read the regs and lost their right to drive because like you, they are 40 watters. :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:20 pm

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
We're doing far worse :smilin:

You think a 10% increase in the death rate is 'far worse' than a 37% increase?

When are you moving to Brussels btw? If you had any pride, you would have fucked off years ago, instead of staying put and moaning every day about how shit it is here, and how great it is in the EU.

No freedom of movement mate, didn't you read the regs?

Does freedom of movement mean that you can't apply to legally immigrate to Belgium/France/Germany/Spain or other EU countries?
Do the Syrians showing up in boats have the freedom of movement then?
What's to stop you taking a boat to France and then Travelling to Belgium?
I'm posting from Germany I had no problems :dunno:

You're posting from a proxy.

I understand that a bunch of Spanish immigrants from here are about to have a protest at the UK Embassy in Madrid because like you, they didn't read the regs and lost their right to drive because like you, they are 40 watters. :smilin:

You're funny I'll give you that. I'm in Germany stooo just not the area the VPN is giving you. But anyway whats a bunch of Spaniards got to do with you immigrating to the EU before the restrictions were put in place?
I mean there was enough time for people to apply for Irish passports so I'm not following your logic mate :dunno:

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:15 pm

Guest wrote:
You're funny I'll give you that. I'm in Germany stooo just not the area the VPN is giving you. But anyway whats a bunch of Spaniards got to do with you immigrating to the EU before the restrictions were put in place?
I mean there was enough time for people to apply for Irish passports so I'm not following your logic mate :dunno:

You could be in Russia for all I know and probably are.

Why didn't these people apply?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:24 pm

.SF. wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:Could it be that these excess deaths are a knock-on effect of covid, despite covid itself not being the cause of the majority of them?

The lockdowns, mask-wearing, hand-washing etc. of the last few years not only protected against covid, but must have protected vulnerable people from picking up other fatal illnesses at the same time.

Now that covid precautions have been relaxed, maybe there's a backlog of vulnerable people now being exposed to the other illnesses, that up until recently, they were being protected from?

Sounds quite possible

Yes it's reasonable to expect extra deaths in the wake of a pandemic, for various reasons .... but why would such deaths be classed as 'unknown cause or unexplained' ? :ooer:

A detailed breakdown of the age groups affected might make things clearer or at least provide some pointers.
Also, were all these extra deaths in people of good health previously?
Text

Postby Text » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:38 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Text wrote:I am hearing optimistic noises about covid. :ooer: Dare we hope? Could it finally burn itself out or at least morph into something manageable?
It's one of the key factors for the current high CoL - cos of the govt's profligate spending + profiteering.

Shelve your optimism. One of my nieces, a school teacher, tested positive with Covid yesterday.

She's expected to go to work on Tuesday. :shake head:

My GP surgery phoned me the other day to arrange for another covid injection. It will be my fifth.

Oh I was just reacting to an official statement made by the director-general of the W H O in a news briefing :laughing: :
" .... the end of the Covid-19 pandemic is in sight. ....... the world has never been in a better position to end the Covid-19 pandemic. Last week, the number of weekly reported deaths from Covid-19 was the lowest since March 2020. We have never been in a better position to end the pandemic."

And some sources were speculating that covid might shortly be downgraded from pandemic to endemic status, and that the virus itself would fizzle out into a weaker version not much worse than flu.

Yes there are more deaths in winter - but remember our winter is summer in the southern hemisphere.

There might be a spike resulting from the huge crowds gathering after Queen's death too.
Text

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:03 pm

Reading how the Government is going to impliment the £400 Energy Payment per person, it appears to be a bit devious to me .

The money will be given to the Energy Companies and then deducted from the Customers Accounts , as the Interest rate is rocketing the Energy Companies will make a packet on interest so capping the Energy will not make a lot of difference to them .

I suppose the argument is if the money is paid to the population there will be those that will buy booze, drugs etc aith the money and will still not be able to pay their energy bills .
Snookerballs

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Reading how the Government is going to impliment the £400 Energy Payment per person which is only a loan, , it appears to be a bit devious to me .

The money will be given to the Energy Companies and then deducted from the Customers Accounts , as the Interest rate is rocketing the Energy Companies will make a packet on interest so capping the Energy will not make a lot of difference to them .

I suppose the argument is if the money is paid to the population there will be those that will buy booze, drugs etc aith the money and will still not be able to pay their energy bills .
Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:51 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Reading how the Government is going to impliment the £400 Energy Payment per person, it appears to be a bit devious to me .

Except those that are on pre-payment meters will get theirs in the form of vouchers which unfortunately there are plenty of places willing to give cash for them

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:30 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Reading how the Government is going to impliment the £400 Energy Payment per person, it appears to be a bit devious to me .

Good point, i'd not thought of that. The £400 won't even scratch the sides though.

Meanwhile, multi million pound bonuses for the energy fat cats. Needless to say the list is endless but here are just three examples;

North Sea oil and gas bosses get combined £25m pay rise

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ses-to-54m

Energy boss on £6m will get £770,000 payday in October as Brits' bills rocket

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/energy-b ... y-27836218

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:15 pm

Guest wrote:

Except those that are on pre-payment meters will get theirs in the form of vouchers which unfortunately there are plenty of places willing to give cash for them

They'll get a direct cash payment like everyone else.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

They'll get a direct cash payment like everyone else.

Going by the post I'm quoting here it'll be paid direct to the companies

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 pm

Rees-Mogg skewered by one of his own. :yess:

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby LordRaven » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:28 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Rees-Mogg skewered by one of his own. :yess:

phpBB [video]

There were quite a few Tory MP’s having a go at him, I just happened to switch on the tv at the time he was getting roasted. :gigglesnshit:

That aside, and because of Putin, and US successes in fracking, I personally am all for it.

I’d even reopen the coal mines to get this country self sufficient in energy.

We shouldn’t have to rely on other countries, and that would include food production, engineering and manufacturing.

There’s a storm coming and we’d better be ready :smilin:

Survival will take precedence over anything else. :thumbsup:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:58 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Rees-Mogg skewered by one of his own. :yess:

phpBB [video]

There were quite a few Tory MP’s having a go at him, I just happened to switch on the tv at the time he was getting roasted. :gigglesnshit:

That aside, and because of Putin, and US successes in fracking, I personally am all for it.

I’d even reopen the coal mines to get this country self sufficient in energy.

We shouldn’t have to rely on other countries, and that would include food production, engineering and manufacturing.

There’s a storm coming and we’d better be ready :smilin:

Survival will take precedence over anything else. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
Rolluplostinspace

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms