The cost of living!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The cost of living!

Postby .SF. » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 pm

Anyone put their heating on yet? Reluctantly I gave in last night.
.SF.

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:05 pm

.SF. wrote:Anyone put their heating on yet? Reluctantly I gave in last night.

I just put on a jumper and socks, it's nice to wake up in the cool air though.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:52 pm

No as my monthly charges have more than doubled. I have a shower every day and that uses gas and I need to cook a meal each day which uses electric. Short of living on salads, raw vegetables, and cold tinned beans, I can't see any way of cutting back further. It's disgraceful how this government allowed energy costs to spiral out of control. There will be many deaths this winter.

I read a post on a forum yesterday from someone claiming their gas/electric monthly charge is £90 for a 4 bed detached house. If true I can only assume they don't live in the property. A friend of mine who lives alone claims his monthly energy bill is £80 a month, but he spends every day at his sisters house two doors away.
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:10 pm

Lit the fire last night and it's still burning.
Only small one because this fire gets overwhemgly hot.
I don't remember having to start burning stuff this early in the season.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm

No. I have bought a couple of heated throws for the sofas and refuse to put on the heating despite it starting to get cold. I just hope our winter isn't as severe as it is possibly likely to be

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:24 pm

A glimmer of hope? I think the pinned comment has the correct answer.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:33 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Lit the fire last night and it's still burning.
Only small one because this fire gets overwhemgly hot.
I don't remember having to start burning stuff this early in the season.

What exactly has your log/coal fire got to do with the cost of central heating you stupid prick :pmsl:

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:54 pm

As Grafenwalder says there is going to be many deaths this winter due to lack of heating .

Current WHO statistics show over the last six months the UK death rate has risen 10% ( not including Post Covid Deaths these have remained static .) Scotland is up 11%
These figures include all age groups from teenage to eighty year old . Compared with the Five Year Average .
EU Countries have a similar rise Spain 37% Italy 27% ,
It appears the rise is world wide WHO are at a loss as to the reason behind the rise in the figures .

And we have not entered Winter Yet !!!
Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:41 pm

Snookerballs wrote:As Grafenwalder says there is going to be many deaths this winter due to lack of heating .

Current WHO statistics show over the last six months the UK death rate has risen 10% ( not including Post Covid Deaths these have remained static .) Scotland is up 11%
These figures include all age groups from teenage to eighty year old . Compared with the Five Year Average .
It appears the rise is world wide WHO are at a loss as to the reason behind the rise in the figures .

Possibly due to the inactivity caused by lock down as well as the segregation and then the integration

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:As Grafenwalder says there is going to be many deaths this winter due to lack of heating .

Possibly due to the inactivity caused by lock down as well as the segregation and then the integration

Thank you Enid Blyton.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Enid » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:33 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thank you Enid Blyton.

Seems a plausible excuse for the rise to me. Guess you have a much better one dr ohnoyoudont
Enid

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:08 pm

Enid wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

Thank you Enid Blyton.

Seems a plausible excuse for the rise to me. Guess you have a much better one dr ohnoyoudont

I won't interrupt you while you're making a dick of yourself :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:13 pm

37% isn't similar to 10% - it's nearly four times as many.

Thank god we're out of the bastard EU - they're dropping like flies over there, assuming your figures are correct.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:14 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

37% isn't similar to 10% - it's nearly four times as many.

Thank god we're out of the bastard EU - they're dropping like flies over there, assuming your figures are correct.

We're doing far worse :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:32 pm

Stooo wrote:
We're doing far worse :smilin:

You think a 10% increase in the death rate is 'far worse' than a 37% increase?

When are you moving to Brussels btw? If you had any pride, you would have fucked off years ago, instead of staying put and moaning every day about how shit it is here, and how great it is in the EU.
Red Okktober

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms