The cost of living!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The cost of living!

Postby common sense » Sat May 06, 2023 5:53 pm

Hank Marvin UK wrote:I read that food banks have seen a big upsurge in customers, if you can call them that.

Idiots who cannot budget and prefer to spend their money on booze, fags and Netflix rather than food. GET YER PRIORITIES RIGHT. I wouldn't be seen dead at a food bank.
common sense

Postby Text » Sun May 07, 2023 5:28 pm

common sense wrote:
Hank Marvin UK wrote:I read that food banks have seen a big upsurge in customers, if you can call them that.

Idiots who cannot budget and prefer to spend their money on booze, fags and Netflix rather than food. GET YER PRIORITIES RIGHT.

I wouldn't be seen dead at a food bank.

And there are numerous things that YOU do routinely, that most decent people wouldn't be seen dead doing either. :thumbsup:
You describe teachers & nurses as "lazy" and "greedy".
You rubbish workers who go on strike.
Now you are rubbishing impoverished people who use food banks.

What do all these groups that you so hate, have in common? :ooer: Answer : they are also hated by your beloved tories.
Seems your fave hobby is judging others.
Text

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:02 am

This is a grim read :shake head:

The Tories have created a new poverty – one so deep and vicious it requires Victorian vocabulary

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-politics
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Stooo » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:16 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:This is a grim read :shake head:

The Tories have created a new poverty – one so deep and vicious it requires Victorian vocabulary

The last time that I heard the word was in the Jane Mansfield sketch by Derek and Clive. It's a mark of our society how it's crept back in.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:53 pm

There are some excellent MPs for sure. Very caring. But yeah, many others live in their own little bubble, isolated from reality, Tokes.

MPs used to get approx £100 per week food allowance, on top of their numerous other expense claims eg having all their domestic utility bills in their second homes paid for. Bar & restaurant meals in the HoC are subsided too.

I wonder if our friend Lee Anderson (Mr 31p-per-meal, equivalent to £7 per week in total) was among those who claimed the maximum MPs food allowance of £100 per week . :whistle:
Text

Postby Text » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:13 pm

Where's the ol' rascal CS gone?

Supermarket bills, oh dear!
I once read that one guy was so habitually skint that the printouts he requested from the cash dispenser sometimes included the "lol" in the message. If true what a lowpoint when even machines cannot resist trolling.

It's several factors coming together to create a perfect storm - including this, for example > viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93077
Text

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:37 pm

Text wrote:

There are some excellent MPs for sure. Very caring. But yeah, many others live in their own little bubble, isolated from reality, Tokes.

MPs used to get approx £100 per week food allowance, on top of their numerous other expense claims eg having all their domestic utility bills in their second homes paid for. Bar & restaurant meals in the HoC are subsided too.

I wonder if our friend Lee Anderson (Mr 31p-per-meal, equivalent to £7 per week in total) was among those who claimed the maximum MPs food allowance of £100 per week . :whistle:

Lovely they are all so caring, but at the end of the day the Government needs to run a fucking country, not a social centre.

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Lovely they are all so caring, but at the end of the day the Government needs to run a fucking country, not a social centre.

No, it has to serve the country by distributing tax paid by the people and to the people be it in the form of defence, education, health, roads, police, need I go on? Why should the government be primarily concerned by private equity firms getting massive contracts? EG: Fujitsu?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:47 am

Good news today though, crumpet prices are falling.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

No, it has to serve the country by distributing tax paid by the people and to the people be it in the form of defence, education, health, roads, police, need I go on? Why should the government be primarily concerned by private equity firms getting massive contracts? EG: Fujitsu?

What part of public finances being incapable of coping by being overburdened are you not getting?
Defence Department is not fit for purpose, due to lack of funding. Our once impressive armed forces are tiny and a joke to other nations.
Health department is overburdened and massively in debt and can’t cope.
The Education department has crumbling schools and is underfunded.
Our roads have innumerable potholes, are badly maintained and dangerous, there’s clearly not enough money to fix them.
The Police are too short in numbers to combat current crime levels, due to a lack of money.

I could go on, but I won’t labour the point, but there just Not Enough Money to fix everything.

All the while we are spending £6Million a day to house, feed and clothe the illegal immigrants who sit idle in hotels etc, and who are not benefiting GDP, but benefitting from it.

To fix all of the above, because there is no money, what do you propose to fix all of the above?

Its impossible, there isn’t enough money, but you seem to know how to fix it all, so please tell us.

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:00 pm

Guest wrote:Good news today though, crumpet prices are falling.

Hubbards baked beans are one hell of a bargain too! :smilin:

Postby Stooo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

What part of public finances being incapable of coping by being overburdened are you not getting?
Defence Department is not fit for purpose, due to lack of funding. Our once impressive armed forces are tiny and a joke to other nations.
Our roads have innumerable potholes, are badly maintained and dangerous, there’s clearly not enough money to fix them.
The Police are too short in numbers to combat current crime levels, due to a lack of money.

I could go on, but I won’t labour the point, but there just Not Enough Money to fix everything.

All the while we are spending £6Million a day to house, feed and clothe the illegal immigrants who sit idle in hotels etc, and who are not benefiting GDP, but benefitting from it.

To fix all of the above, because there is no money, what do you propose to fix all of the above?

Its impossible, there isn’t enough money, but you seem to know how to fix it all, so please tell us.

There's always fucking money you tool...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:14 pm

Text wrote:Where's the ol' rascal CS gone?

I once read that one guy was so habitually skint that the printouts he requested from the cash dispenser sometimes included the "lol" in the message. If true what a lowpoint when even machines cannot resist trolling.

It's several factors coming together to create a perfect storm - including this, for example > http://thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93077

Hey am here. What can I do for you?
common sense

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:22 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:

There's always fucking money you tool...

“ Published by D. Clark, Mar 14, 2024
Government debt in the United Kingdom reached over 2.25 trillion British pounds in 2022/23, compared with 1.83 trillion pounds in 2019/20. Although the amount of public sector debt has been rising for some time, there was a noticeable uptick between 2019/20 and 2020/21, when government spending increased substantially due to the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
https://www.statista.com/statistics/282 ... 02019%2F20.

Economists, who monitor the UK money go round don't agree with you.
How can a man in a van claim to know more than highly skilled economists?

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:00 pm

common sense wrote:
Text wrote:Where's the ol' rascal CS gone?

It's several factors coming together to create a perfect storm - including this, for example > http://thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=93077

Hey am here. What can I do for you?

Careful! People might think you’re making yourself available for work. :awesome:

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms