The cost of living!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The cost of living!

Postby Prices up, portions smaller » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:31 pm

I find it really annoying to see how some foodstuffs have shrunk in size, and yet prices have increased.
Also, prices on shelves are bumped up by 10p, as an example, when going through the self-service checkout.
Stealth charging customers more is rife at present.
Keep an eye out everyone.
Prices up, portions smaller

Postby Grafenwalder » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:53 pm

Prices up, portions smaller wrote:I find it really annoying to see how some foodstuffs have shrunk in size, and yet prices have increased.
Also, prices on shelves are bumped up by 10p, as an example, when going through the self-service checkout.

Shrinkflation - and often the pack/box size remains the same to give the impression you're getting the same amount as before so it's always important to check the weight.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:57 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Prices up, portions smaller wrote:I find it really annoying to see how some foodstuffs have shrunk in size, and yet prices have increased.

Shrinkflation - and often the pack/box size remains the same to give the impression you're getting the same amount as before so it's always important to check the weight.

Relevant:

The Freddo Index
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rip off Britain » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:22 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

We are getting fleeced in all manner of ways. It's got worse since brexit, well done the unthinking morons who voted for the big red bus :dafinger:
Rip off Britain

Postby Gabby » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:15 pm

Rip off Britain wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

We are getting fleeced in all manner of ways. It's got worse since brexit, well done the unthinking morons who voted for the big red bus :dafinger:

But they’ll never admit to fucking up big time… it’s always down to summat else! :shame:
Gabby

Postby Text » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:30 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

Food firms have been slyly reducing the weight of their products for many years - nowt new, Graffs. Remember toblerone, walker's crisps,
........ and eggs sometimes being 10 per box instead of 12, etc?

What's new is the double whammy (and darned cheek, frankly) of hiking the price at the same time!
Text

Postby Text » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:35 pm

Stooo wrote:

Relevant:
The Freddo Index

It's relentless. But often insidious. Like a lobster in a pan, not noticing it's being slowly boiled.

Hence why I thought turkeys was a good example to use to illustrate super-inflation - you're far more likely to notice the price hike in a product you buy just once a year.
Text

Postby Fed up shopper » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:37 pm

Text wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Relevant:
The Freddo Index

It's relentless. But often insidious. Like a lobster in a pan, not noticing it's being slowly boiled.

Hence why I thought turkeys was a good example to use to illustrate super-inflation - you're far more likely to notice the price hike in a product you buy just once a year.

Price hikes and shrinking packages are annoying me.
Fed up shopper

Postby Text » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:32 pm

I see MP Lee Anderson, ardent fan of 30p meals has been droning on about them again. :tradmill: :eyebrow:
Text

Postby Text » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:02 pm

So glad that some stores like Argos, B&Q, Wickes, now show a graph charting the previous prices of products viewed online. I think it's a new thing?

If you want a piece of furniture or some big appliance you can see at a glance if the current price is far higher or lower than in previous months.

The simplest ideas are often the most brilliant. Impressed!
Text

Postby Stooo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:12 pm

Text wrote:I see MP Lee Anderson, ardent fan of 30p meals has been droning on about them again. :tradmill: :eyebrow:

He offered out Andrew Bridgen earlier, the deputy chairman of the UK conservative party wanted a fistfight in the street. Yesterday he tried to tell the police how to do their job.

He still has around eighteen months left to damage his community and country so that his party can blame it on someone else in the future.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Text » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:24 pm

Stooo wrote:
Text wrote:I see MP Lee Anderson, ardent fan of 30p meals has been droning on about them again. :tradmill: :eyebrow:

He offered out Andrew Bridgen earlier, the deputy chairman of the UK conservative party wanted a fistfight in the street. Yesterday he tried to tell the police how to do their job.

He still has around eighteen months left to damage his community and country so that his party can blame it on someone else in the future.

He makes a habit of that sorta thing. Daddy issues. :eyebrow:
Text

Postby Stooo » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:35 pm

Text wrote:
Stooo wrote:

He makes a habit of that sorta thing. Daddy issues. :eyebrow:

The deputy chairman of the UK conservative party.

The people in charge...

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Hank Marvin UK » Fri May 05, 2023 2:02 am

I read that food banks have seen a big upsurge in customers, if you can call them that.
Hank Marvin UK

Postby common sense » Sat May 06, 2023 5:52 pm

Rip off Britain wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

Don't call me a moron. Prices go up anyway. Not all Brexit and we're far better out.
common sense

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms