London Bridge is down

A right load of bollocks...

London Bridge is down

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:42 pm

The UK government’s vast security operation to manage the immediate aftermath of the death of the Queen include official social media blackouts and a ban on retweets.

These plans, codenamed Operation London Bridge, which were first revealed in a Guardian Long Read in 2017 and have now been seen in full by Politico, detail the scale of the arrangements for the funeral and government anxieties about whether the UK has the resources to execute them.

The social media strategy plays a prominent role, including plans to change the royal family’s website to a black holding page with a short statement confirming the Queen’s death, while the gov.uk website and all governmental social media pages will display a black banner. Non-urgent content will not be published and retweets will be banned unless cleared by the government’s head of communications.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... -blackouts

They're going to fuck around with Twitter? :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Re: London Bridge is down

Postby Middens » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:51 pm

:pmsl: Click bait Stooo. I thought she was gone for an instant.
Middens

Postby Cobs » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:56 pm

Interesting.
The queen will lie in state at the Palace of Westminster for three days, in an operation codenamed FEATHER. Her coffin will lie on a raised box known as a catafalque in the middle of Westminster Hall, which will be open to the public for 23 hours per day. Tickets will be issued for VIPs so they can have a time slot.

Also, is it definitely going to be King Charles? I read years ago it was considered unlucky and they were going with George.
Cobs

Postby Stooo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:06 pm

Cobs wrote:Interesting.
The queen will lie in state at the Palace of Westminster for three days, in an operation codenamed FEATHER. Her coffin will lie on a raised box known as a catafalque in the middle of Westminster Hall, which will be open to the public for 23 hours per day. Tickets will be issued for VIPs so they can have a time slot.

Also, is it definitely going to be King Charles? I read years ago it was considered unlucky and they were going with George.

I'd merge this with the Royal thread but y'know...

I'm not too sure that we should be restrained from talking about a massive news story.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
The UK government’s vast security operation to manage the immediate aftermath of the death of the Queen include official social media blackouts and a ban on retweets.

These plans, codenamed Operation London Bridge, which were first revealed in a Guardian Long Read in 2017 and have now been seen in full by Politico, detail the scale of the arrangements for the funeral and government anxieties about whether the UK has the resources to execute them.

The social media strategy plays a prominent role, including plans to change the royal family’s website to a black holding page with a short statement confirming the Queen’s death, while the gov.uk website and all governmental social media pages will display a black banner. Non-urgent content will not be published and retweets will be banned unless cleared by the government’s head of communications.

They fucked with twitter when they banned Trump.
Nobody can complain when it affects them too

Trumps an idiot but nobody was forced to read his shit.
However everybody was denied (forced) to read his tweets.
I'm not on twitter and never will be. I'm not that stupid

Postby Middens » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

:dunno: People get banned from Twitter constantly. They always have done. For threats or incitement just like Trump was. Not for moaning about the price of stuff though. That'll be a new one.
Middens

Postby Text » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Trump isn't just anyone tho.
He was the leader of the free world, the most powerful man on earth. Thus his tweets had the potential to do huge damage, not least among his own gullible fans. Eg if he made a tweet promoting horse dewormer for covid, should it stay up?
Text

Postby Text » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:44 pm

Yes it's disrespectful & insensitive for the authorities to discuss plans for the Queen's passing so publicly. They did the same with Prince Philip too. Poor show!
Text

Postby Holly » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

He was the leader of the free world, the most powerful man on earth. Thus his tweets had the potential to do huge damage, not least among his own gullible fans. Eg if he made a tweet promoting horse dewormer for covid, should it stay up?

Do you agree with the Taliban and the Ayatollah being allowed on Twitter?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Text » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:50 pm

Holly wrote:
Text wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Do you agree with the Taliban and Ayatollah Khomeini being allowed on Twitter?

No, love.
Tho some channels of communication MUST be left open, for obvious reasons.
Trump made a secret deal with them behind the legitimate Afghani govt's back .... & it all went downhill from there.
Text

Postby LordRaven » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:48 am

It will be a very sad day when Liz goes.
LordRaven
Twat.

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms