Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 3

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Common Sense - Ask Me Anything 3

Postby common sense » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:59 pm

Oh right. Didn't know that.
common sense

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:40 am

common sense wrote:Definitely a Scotch egg shortage. She's been to Asda and Sainsbums and none. Lass says, yes, there seems to be a national shortage. Wonder why. Out of stock in Tesco too.

If you're having withdrawal symptoms you might be able to get pork patches from your GP.

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:52 am

Guest wrote:
common sense wrote:Definitely a Scotch egg shortage. She's been to Asda and Sainsbums and none. Lass says, yes, there seems to be a national shortage. Wonder why. Out of stock in Tesco too.

If you're having withdrawal symptoms you might be able to get pork patches from your GP.

:pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby common sense » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:04 am

Guest wrote:

Sending wife on a Scotch egg hunt today.
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:13 am

common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:

The supply of eggs has shrunk.
Bird flu in the spring didn't help and then a huge increase in energy prices and feed tipped quite a few out of business.
To make money in the egg business you have to produce thousands of eggs a day... or your chickens do and for many their profit margins were already slim.
I know egg producers were pushing for an extra 40p a dozen from the big buyers at the start of the year if they got it I don't know.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:16 pm

Make your own… so easy and so much nicer too! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:35 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:

Maybe in Wales?… too many sheep, not enough chucks! :gigglesnshit: …. always plenty here, I buy XL eggs in abundance! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby common sense » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:57 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:

Bird flu in the spring didn't help and then a huge increase in energy prices and feed tipped quite a few out of business.
To make money in the egg business you have to produce thousands of eggs a day... or your chickens do and for many their profit margins were already slim.
I know egg producers were pushing for an extra 40p a dozen from the big buyers at the start of the year if they got it I don't know.

None anywhere. She's got mad and told me to get a job...... :off head:

Yet supermarkets seem to all have eggs......if it was just one store but it's every one, suddenly this week.
common sense

Postby common sense » Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:10 pm

BREAKING NEWS. Scotch eggs back in stock i most places now. :yess:
common sense

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:04 pm

common sense wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
common sense wrote:
Guest wrote:

She's got mad and told me to get a job...... :off head:

You need to check what she's smoking!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:38 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:The supply of eggs has shrunk.

Bird flu is still fucking things up. I delivered a parcel to the farm that supplies a top end supermarket with very small eggs for their runny Scotch eggs which are lush and it was quite small, I can get half a dozen fresh eggs for £1.20 in the honesty box outside of farms all day long. The problem isn't with domestic consumption, it's more to do with the commercial production of stuff that has egg products in them.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby common sense » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:18 pm

Hello everyone. How are you all?

What a week I've had. Wed evening my tongue swelled up, filling my entire mouth. I couldn't talk, swallow or hardly breathe. Went to Casualty and a Dr. saw me immediately and gave me an injection in a gum and it started going down slowly. Can be very dangerous if it blocks your airway. They've no idea why it did that. Can be an allergic reaction. They asked had I eaten anything that I hadn't for a long time.

Was scary. Very scary.
common sense

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:18 pm

Sounds awful Chris, glad its gone down for you...
Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:19 pm

common sense wrote:Hello everyone. How are you all?

What a week I've had. Wed evening my tongue swelled up, filling my entire mouth. I couldn't talk, swallow or hardly breathe. Went to Casualty and a Dr. saw me immediately and gave me an injection in a gum and it started going down slowly. Can be very dangerous if it blocks your airway. They've no idea why it did that. Can be an allergic reaction. They asked had I eaten anything that I hadn't for a long time.

Was scary. Very scary.

Think hard about anything you’ve eaten that wasn’t normally in your diet.
And avoid on future.

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:33 pm

Junglejayne wrote:Sounds awful Chris, glad its gone down for you...

It usually has once he leaves his female neighbour’s house :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms