The Climate Change Story.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Climate Change Story.

Postby Snookerballs » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:59 pm

We are in an inter-glacial period ,

Is that a technical term for saying that man is causing " Global Warming" a load of cobblers !!! :gigglesnshit:
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:04 pm

The following covers short medium long and tediously long term scales of what affects the climate.
It is that complex that computer models built largely on guesswork as opposed to factual evidence are more or less useless.

Earth's Climate System Is Ridiculously Complex
Looks confusing at first but it isn't it's just laid out in sections and each section has subsections and a bazillion links.
https://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/06/30/earths-climate-system-is-ridiculously-complex-with-draft-link-tutorial/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Solar effects on earth.

http://www.solarsystemcentral.com/solar_effects_page.html

If the warming trend conforms with the previous Vostok peaks, i.e. a 2°C rise, complete melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet would take 50,000 years. If in the long run global warming reached 8°C (6°C above the Vostok peaks), the complete melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet would take 2,000 years according to the latest models.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:22 pm

Warming Is Better Than Cooling. The earth's long term climate is always changing, warming and then cooling. It is never steady for very long. Most professional scientists agree that if we have a choice, warmer climates are better than cooler ones.

So here are some items to think about:

All things being equal, whether it is a fish in the ocean, a shrimp in an pond, or a bean on a vine, it will grow faster when it is warmer rather than colder.

CO2 is not a pollutant but is the primary food of plants that feed animals and us. More crops are grown when it is warmer than when it is cooler. During the mini cooling period of the 1970's, agricultural experts worried about world-wide food shortages.

Measured rain precipitation rates increase between 5% and 10% for every degree C climate increase. (The expected rate of increase just based on thermodynamics is 7%.) The atmosphere definitely holds more moisture as temperatures increase, so overall there will be more rainfall. But, warmer temperatures also mean that ground evaporation is faster. Therefore, the increase in rain precipitation is not expected to be uniform - some areas will receive more rain and some may become drier. The outcome for any individual area will depend upon its local weather patterns.

If the warming trend conforms with the previous Vostok peaks, i.e. a 2°C rise, complete melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet would take 50,000 years. If in the long run global warming reached 8°C (6°C above the Vostok peaks), the complete melting of the Greenland Ice Sheet would take 2,000 years according to the latest models.

A warmer climate would reduce the occurrence of cold temperature related illnesses, such as colds and flu. The likelihood of massive flu-like epidemics would be reduced.
After the unusual hurricane season of 2005 (Katrina, etc.), alarmists blamed climate warming for the disasters. The latest statement from the UN World Meteorological Organization (parent organization of IPCC) concluded that "no individual tropical hurricane can be directly attributed to climate change".

When one part of the globe is warmer than usual, say the US in in the winter of 2011-2012, other parts of the world are undergoing extreme cold, i.e. Europe and Russia in 2011-2012. That is why it is necessary to use carefully computed world average temperatures when drawing conclusions about climate change.

Humans will be quick to take advantage of a warmer climate in general and adjust accordingly as required in certain areas.

Summary. While it is not clear what the short term climate outlook will be, it seems likely that in the long term we will continue in the now centuries old modest warming trend. The negative effects of global warming have been grossly exaggerated by politicians, aggressive climatologists, and the media. The advantages of a warmer climate have been completely ignored and usually never mentioned. If the warming cycle is accelerating, we will just have to deal with it within reasonable limitations.

We should continue to reduce greenhouse gases, and in particular carbon dioxide and other soot particles for many reasons including warming, health, sourcing of energy, and political stability. If we exert reasonable control over fossil fuel emissions, we will be able to live with the impacts from global warming.

http://www.solarsystemcentral.com/solar_effects_page.html
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:46 pm

Snookerballs wrote:We are in an inter-glacial period ,

Is that a technical term for saying that man is causing " Global Warming" a load of cobblers !!! :gigglesnshit:

Personally, I would hate a runaway greenhouse effect, just as much as I would hate another snowball earth.

Human beings are blaming themselves for Global Warming. and yet cattle are more to blame :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:12 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Personally, I would hate a runaway greenhouse effect, just as much as I would hate another snowball earth.

Human beings are blaming themselves for Global Warming. and yet cattle are more to blame :gigglesnshit:

There is little to no chance of a runaway greenhouse effect as everything tends to balance out.
There is no blame to be laid beyond nature's doorstep.
Man is as much a part of nature as an oak tree.
Wasn't it nature that drew the CO2 from the sky into the ground?
Wasn't it nature who dumped methane all over the place and in some very fragile places like under the permafrost?
You want to lay blame then look to mother nature.
I see a lot of people these days hating their own species and I fear it is or will become some kind of mental health issue and be emotionally very damaging.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

There is little to no chance of a runaway greenhouse effect as everything tends to balance out.
Wasn't it nature who dumped methane all over the place and in some very fragile places like under the permafrost?
I see a lot of people these days hating their own species and I fear it is or will become some kind of mental health issue and be emotionally very damaging.

:ooer: :ooer:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:34 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

OK which bit?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

OK which bit?

Nature, meaning the nature of the Earth, has been going on for 4 plus Billion years, Man is in somewhere in the end of the last minute of midnight if that time is condensed into a 12 hour clock face.
Earth, and nature have done rather well without man, and will continue to do so after we have gone. Our impact will not have a major effect on the life cycle of the Earth.
During its time the earth has witnessed global extinction events, the jury is out on just how many.
In the greater scheme of things, we are witnessing a problem that many perceive as man-made, and they therefore want to act to stop things getting worse.
A noble cause, considering they want future generations to enjoy an earth similar to what we have enjoyed.
Natural history shows that man does have an effect, look at the Aral Sea --man has truly fucked that, and in just a matter of decades.
Here's a cracker for you, which I am sure you know about, but who/what is to blame?

LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:05 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

OK which bit?

Nature, meaning the nature of the Earth, has been going on for 4 plus Billion years, Man is in somewhere in the end of the last minute of midnight if that time is condensed into a 12 hour clock face.
Earth, and nature have done rather well without man, and will continue to do so after we have gone. Our impact will not have a major effect on the life cycle of the Earth.
During its time the earth has witnessed global extinction events, the jury is out on just how many.
In the greater scheme of things, we are witnessing a problem that many perceive as man-made, and they therefore want to act to stop things getting worse.
A noble cause, considering they want future generations to enjoy an earth similar to what we have enjoyed.
Natural history shows that man does have an effect, look at the Aral Sea --man has truly fucked that, and in just a matter of decades.
Here's a cracker for you, which I am sure you know about, but who/what is to blame?

[/quote]

Good video which I've not seen before.
I have made posts possibly in this thread about how fast the Shara went from green to dust so fast.
Unusually in response to it takes millions of years well no it doesn't.
I have a link somewhere about how massive farming practices in America affect the climate so yes I'm with you there and a bit silly considering to say a runaway greenhouse effect would be unlikely.
Best but most puzzling theory regarding the sudden forming of the Sahara desert is massive temperature drop causing cessation of rains.
Never quite got my head around it though as it was a very complicated report.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:08 pm

This planet has been through some very strange times.
Nearly all the world's coal was made at the same time for instance as the mines across the planet show.
Volcanoes and earthquakes just now mean we might be headed for some very violent times once again.
Moons wobble?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:16 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:This planet has been through some very strange times.
Nearly all the world's coal was made at the same time for instance as the mines across the planet show.
Volcanoes and earthquakes just now mean we might be headed for some very violent times once again.
Moons wobble?

The Carboniferous period provided all the plant life for coal, once it was compressed, heated, squeezed and crushed under geological forces.

It was bound to be from the same period, although shallow seas drying out and undergoing the same forces to become crude oil is weirder. :yikes:

Subduction and the tectonic plates have more say on the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere than we ever will.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:10 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:This planet has been through some very strange times.
Moons wobble?

The Carboniferous period provided all the plant life for coal, once it was compressed, heated, squeezed and crushed under geological forces.

It was bound to be from the same period, although shallow seas drying out and undergoing the same forces to become crude oil is weirder. :yikes:

Subduction and the tectonic plates have more say on the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere than we ever will.

There are many methods of producing hydro carbons. Sugars I believe are the least of them. Tropospheric electrolysis and subterranean microbes are just two of the three ways I know of. Carbon it self is inert so there must be numerous reactions we have hardly scratched the surface of?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

OK which bit?

Good video which I've not seen before.
I have made posts possibly in this thread about how fast the Shara went from green to dust so fast.
Unusually in response to it takes millions of years well no it doesn't.
I have a link somewhere about how massive farming practices in America affect the climate so yes I'm with you there and a bit silly considering to say a runaway greenhouse effect would be unlikely.
Best but most puzzling theory regarding the sudden forming of the Sahara desert is massive temperature drop causing cessation of rains.
Never quite got my head around it though as it was a very complicated report.

Everest change the currents, the nile is only 5,000 years old. Though I think there has been some engineering at source redirecting water east instead of west?
art0hur0moh

Postby .SF. » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:09 pm

You learn something new here every day. I would never have guessed the Nile was 5000 years old, now I feel pretty foolish for not knowing that.
.SF.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms