The Climate Change Story.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: The Climate Change Story.

Postby Cobs » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:42 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Record Power Prices & Blackouts Hit Germany

Just in case anybody thinks that the energy crisis is just a UK one, think again!

the link takes me to my inbox? :ooer:

Ok, I have deleted the link. Rollup, this link just takes us to our email INBOX, can you post a working link :thumbsup:

drum.
Cobs

Postby Cobs » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:53 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Abolish carbon pricing forthwith
Support the opening of new oil and gas fields in the North Sea
Impose an Intermittency Tax on wind and solar farms, so that they carry the full cost of intermittency, instead of the consumer.
Take action to increase the UK’s natural gas storage capacity
Abandon all spending plans for Net Zero, allowing money to be returned to taxpayers or energy users.
These actions would have an immediate impact on energy prices, as well as providing longer term energy security.

Good ideas to reduce the prices but you're pissing into the wind right now.
Come back to us after a few blackouts..
Cobs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:57 am

Cobs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Record Power Prices & Blackouts Hit Germany

Just in case anybody thinks that the energy crisis is just a UK one, think again!

the link takes me to my inbox? :ooer:

Oops... https://blackout-news.de/en/news/electricity-prices-reach-new-record/
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:08 am

Cobs wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Abolish carbon pricing forthwith
Support the opening of new oil and gas fields in the North Sea
Impose an Intermittency Tax on wind and solar farms, so that they carry the full cost of intermittency, instead of the consumer.
Take action to increase the UK’s natural gas storage capacity
Abandon all spending plans for Net Zero, allowing money to be returned to taxpayers or energy users.
These actions would have an immediate impact on energy prices, as well as providing longer term energy security.

Good ideas to reduce the prices but you're pissing into the wind right now.
Come back to us after a few blackouts..

Well industry it seems are not happy with pissing into the wind it seems.
Big industry like steel paper petrochemicals will possibly collapse in about 8 weeks if it carries on like this so they're right now wanting to piss on the government!
Even a four hour blackout apparently can shut down some very important processes and it can take a week to get them up and running again and then the next round of power cuts start.
Can't find the link.
Here's an idea of the mad prices...

According to S&P Global Platts, recent month-ahead UK gas prices showed a 420% year-on-year increase, with UK National Balancing Point prices of almost 146 per therm jarring to that of 28 per therm a year ago.

Prices of electricity on the day-ahead market peaked at £2,500.01 per MWh for delivery between 7pm and 8pm on the N2EX exchange, with an average daily price of £424.61.

This compares with an average in August of £106.83, and an average across 2020 of £35.26.

UK prices hit a record high of £540 per MWh on the wholesale energy market.
https://www.scotsman.com/business/consu ... hy-3385529
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:16 am

Boris should say he isn't going to the UN Climate Summit Glasgow November 2021
Seeing as Europe is suffering too they should be encouraged to cancel as well.
Boris should give the go ahead for that mine in Cumbria to open up and exploration in the North Sea oil and gas fields should resume.
It should be clear by now we can't run the modern world on sunshine and windmills.
They have their place but they can never be the backbone of a 21st century industrial world.
If this was announced this week investment would flow into the UK instead of being on the verge of drying up.
When major industries are saying they might not make it through the winter that hasn't even started yet then investors pull out making it impossible to salvage these industries.
The steel industry could really take off with that coking coal under Cumbria.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:40 am

47K bottle has gone up ten quid.
It went up five quid in spring!
Delivered through the door this morning a card from Scottish power... what to do in the event of a power cut :yikes:
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:17 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:47K bottle has gone up ten quid.
Delivered through the door this morning a card from Scottish power... what to do in the event of a power cut :yikes:

I read one of your post about this and went online and ordered a wind up battery and 8 large candles! It's all over the news about gas and CO2 shortages too

Postby drum » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 pm

reading a few energy companies have gone bust already, BULB being one of them. I had switched over to BULB a wee while back there but ended up back with Scottish Power after Bulb got lairy with the payments and took more than we had agreed . Anyway, they have gone bust now and people are going nuts because they have hundreds of £ stored on these apps and they're not getting that money back. Probably a good idea to stock up on batteries/candles etc and any power banks too, get them fully charged and kept safe. Probably a panic over nothing but ye never know. I'm sticking with SP until I know what's going on.
Heat products too will be a good buy, including gloves and hats and scarfs.. Get the knitting needles out :mrgreen:
drum

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:31 pm

Guest wrote:

I read one of your post about this and went online and ordered a wind up battery and 8 large candles! It's all over the news about gas and CO2 shortages too

whoops I meant a wind up radio lol

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:33 pm

Guest wrote:

MSM are always way behind other news sources when it comes to stuff like this.
Petrol diesel coal logs all about to rocket too now!
You'll not regret your purchases but I'd encourage you to get more.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm

drum wrote:reading a few energy companies have gone bust already, BULB being one of them. I had switched over to BULB a wee while back there but ended up back with Scottish Power after Bulb got lairy with the payments and took more than we had agreed . Anyway, they have gone bust now and people are going nuts because they have hundreds of £ stored on these apps and they're not getting that money back. Probably a good idea to stock up on batteries/candles etc and any power banks too, get them fully charged and kept safe. Probably a panic over nothing but ye never know. I'm sticking with SP until I know what's going on.
Heat products too will be a good buy, including gloves and hats and scarfs.. Get the knitting needles out :mrgreen:

The company I was with went bust too and I'm back with EDF. I'm going to lock into a fixed tarriff for the next couple of years with them too. What's a power bank? I feel like I should know but can't think what it is lol. Yeah I've bought a few extra batteries and also some extra cans of juices before we run out of CO2 lol

Postby drum » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Guest wrote:
drum wrote:reading a few energy companies have gone bust already, BULB being one of them. I had switched over to BULB a wee while back there but ended up back with Scottish Power after Bulb got lairy with the payments and took more than we had agreed . Anyway, they have gone bust now and people are going nuts because they have hundreds of £ stored on these apps and they're not getting that money back. Probably a good idea to stock up on batteries/candles etc and any power banks too, get them fully charged and kept safe. Probably a panic over nothing but ye never know. I'm sticking with SP until I know what's going on.

The company I was with went bust too and I'm back with EDF. I'm going to lock into a fixed tarriff for the next couple of years with them too. What's a power bank? I feel like I should know but can't think what it is lol. Yeah I've bought a few extra batteries and also some extra cans of juices before we run out of CO2 lol

Power bank is a large charged battery that you can use to charge phones etc in emergencies when there's no electric supply. Fizzy juice I can live without or buy a soda stream :mrgreen: but just think of all the things that need co2, even inhalers . Going to get wild for a while. nae hairspray :doomed:
drum

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:

I read one of your post about this and went online and ordered a wind up radio and 8 large candles! It's all over the news about gas and CO2 shortages too

MSM are always way behind other news sources when it comes to stuff like this.
Petrol diesel coal logs all about to rocket too now!
You'll not regret your purchases but I'd encourage you to get more.

I will be some more and I'll be getting some extra longer life food stuffs in too. As it looks like this CO2 shortage will affect just about everything including meat and vegetables too. I've also ordered a couple of heated over blankets for the downstairs sofas as I hate the thought of being cold with no heating on lol

People may call you a CT nut but I think you're on the ball with a lot of the stuff you post

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:50 pm

I have a power bank that cost me seventy quid but you can get much smaller ones that will do a couple of phone charges.
Probably about a fiver but less than a tenner for sure.
My big one will do hundreds of phone charges if that's all I use it for.
But it also has a compressor for tyres and other things a car battery jump starter a bright lamp and even a convertor for 240 volt output at a miserly 100 watts.
That hundred watts though could power half a dozen low energy bulbs.
Only one usb port but I've got a good quality splitter that will change that to four.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby drum » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I have a power bank that cost me seventy quid but you can get much smaller ones that will do a couple of phone charges.
Probably about a fiver but less than a tenner for sure.
My big one will do hundreds of phone charges if that's all I use it for.
But it also has a compressor for tyres and other things a car battery jump starter a bright lamp and even a convertor for 240 volt output at a miserly 100 watts.
That hundred watts though could power half a dozen low energy bulbs.
Only one usb port but I've got a good quality splitter that will change that to four.

Mine cost a tenner, it holds 30 hours of charge, I use it for my phone and heated bodywarmer really. That bodywarmer is amazing, just connect the power bank and i'm toasty for ages dont even need a coat unless it's raining..
drum

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms