The weather.

A right load of bollocks...

The weather.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:01 pm

48 hrs ago we were heading for a heatwave around Thursday.
A big three week long very hot type heatwave.
Just saw the Beeb forecast we're now heading back to winter!
Keep those toms on the windowsill for now Stoooo
Rolluplostinspace

Re: The weather.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:31 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:48 hrs ago we were heading for a heatwave around Thursday.

I tend to just look out the window rather than rely on the many different forecasts that float around.

If I need a jumper then it's cool if I can run around in the nud then I can guarantee it's warm.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:44 pm

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:48 hrs ago we were heading for a heatwave around Thursday.

I tend to just look out the window rather than rely on the many different forecasts that float around.

If I need a jumper then it's cool if I can run around in the nud then I can guarantee it's warm.

Ahh the Bob Dylan approach .... you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

[youtube]https://www.facebook.com/LegacyRecordings/videos/you-dont-need-a-weatherman-to-know-which-way-the-wind-blows-bob-dylan-released-s/10154007880047996/[/youtube]
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Wed May 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Absolutely piddled down today, really heavy at times. A slap in the face after all the dry, warm weather of late.

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Wed May 01, 2019 7:20 pm

Going cold here just now.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed May 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Going cold here just now.

Not on the amnesty thread it ain’t. :ooer:

Sockstars doing a top job of winding them up.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Guest » Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Going cold here just now.

Same here, the rain has left everywhere a bit chillier.

Postby Fletch » Wed May 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Chilly here in the far south. And it rained today, not much but it was rain. :shake head:
Fletch

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:12 pm

UK weather forecast: FIVE days of snow to hit in bone-chilling 'proper WHITE Christmas'

According to weather maps from WXCharts, the UK is set for five days of snow over the Christmas period. The snow is due to begin on Christmas Eve in Scotland, spreading across the country as the UK heads towards the New Year. On Christmas Day, the UK is due to see up to 10cm of snow across parts of Scotland, including Inverness and Aberdeen.

By December 29, parts of Scotland can expect up to 20cm of snow while the rest of the UK - as far south as London - can expect up to 10cm of snow.

Jim Dale, Senior Meteorologist at British Weather Services said that Scotland will see bone-chilling temperatures, as the region will be "in the freezer" on Christmas Day.

The last time the UK saw a widespread white Christmas was 2010.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/weather/topst ... li=BBoPWjQ
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:14 pm

UK snow forecast: Britain set for Scandinavian heavy snow that will last to January
A polar surge on Christmas Eve will ‘battle’ with Atlantic storms as the UK braces for ‘debilitating’ blizzards. Temperatures will nosedive to -10C through Christmas Day as possibly the worst festive freeze for more than a decade grips the nation.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/1538921/UK-snow-forecast-Britain-heavy-snow-latest-weather-cold-December-Christmas-2021
Rolluplostinspace

Postby drum » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:26 pm

We've had the big gritters out every day for over a week now. I really hope we don't get this snowfall. I've got things to do. :grrrrr: it is really cold though, even in the house with the heating on.
drum

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:54 pm

drum wrote:We've had the big gritters out every day for over a week now. I really hope we don't get this snowfall. I've got things to do. :grrrrr: it is really cold though, even in the house with the heating on.

Sorry Drum but we're already getting excited about it here!
I have an eleven year old and a four year old staying at the moment hoping to be here when the snow falls and freezes so they get snowed in with us!
Sledge is out of the shed as is snow shovel and smaller shovels for snowman building and snow wall building.
The four year old was checking we had plenty of carrots in should any of Santa's reindeer get snowed in near us which is a little doubtful but you never know.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby LordRaven » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
drum wrote:We've had the big gritters out every day for over a week now. I really hope we don't get this snowfall. I've got things to do. :grrrrr: it is really cold though, even in the house with the heating on.

Sorry Drum but we're already getting excited about it here!
I have an eleven year old and a four year old staying at the moment hoping to be here when the snow falls and freezes so they get snowed in with us!
Sledge is out of the shed as is snow shovel and smaller shovels for snowman building and snow wall building.
The four year old was checking we had plenty of carrots in should any of Santa's reindeer get snowed in near us which is a little doubtful but you never know.

Kids love snow, it's all part of the seasonal fun, adults hate it because it is an impairment and adds pressure to the daily grind :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:01 pm

Mild, maybe snow on Boxing Day. :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:22 am

Scotland is a lovely country with great scenery and history, but the weather’s always been shite.
It’s why there’s a token Scotsman in pubs down south complaining about his shit England is :gigglesnshit:

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms