Your Latest Purchase Which Is A Thread About Shopping.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Your Latest Purchase Which Is A Thread About Shopping.

Postby George » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
George wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Why would people want tacky board games?

Good old fashioned parlour games are the best - hide the thimble/charades etc, as many or as few people can play :smilin:

Lack of imagination and natural fun loving perhaps. :dunno:

I have grandchildren who love board games and the laughs they generate.

Board games are on trend according to my 25 year old son

I thought it was just my geeky daughter, but we have all the traditional ones and have games night on a Thursday, monopoly, cluedo and the like

another one I've got her for Christmas is a London based detective one - 'the search for Mr X' or something

Seemly in London Town they meet up in pubs to play, I think he said it was Cluedo last time he went
George

Postby jra » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:06 am

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Dean wrote:More homophobia from the German nonce... :shake head:

I knew it wouldn't last.

Dean, change your material. It's boring, tiresome and it doesn't make you look good.

And there is no homophobia in there. You better look up what the word means.

I'm trying to keep out of the nasty trolling, but you seem to be always there to stir things up, true to form.

This forum would be better off without you.

Want my opinion. Your forum persona is a pretty nasty piece of work. The sort of person that needs to be sectioned for your own good.

What do you think you add to the forum? Few people can stand you here, but you still take a perverse pleasure in knowing you drive everyone crazy by answering every single name check and spamming the place into oblivion. It's probably the only feeling of power you have in life you weird fucker :hand:

Over exaggeration much. Yeah. Thanks. Grudge person.

Take a chill pill and don't worry about me. Look into your anger issues, before having a go at me.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:08 am

Guest wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:
Dean wrote:More homophobia from the German nonce... :shake head:

I knew it wouldn't last.

Dean, change your material. It's boring, tiresome and it doesn't make you look good.

And there is no homophobia in there. You better look up what the word means.

I'm trying to keep out of the nasty trolling, but you seem to be always there to stir things up, true to form.

This forum would be better off without you.

Want my opinion. Your forum persona is a pretty nasty piece of work. The sort of person that needs to be sectioned for your own good.

You could have just ignored it. :dunno:

No he couldn't Fletch.
He just can't do it.

he wants to dominate this place

he's a bit of a bully when you really think about it

Translated. The person being bullied that fights back. Get it right.
jra

Postby jra » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:25 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Nivana wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:jesus

you even have to be spiteful about women that wear glam shoes

who fucking cares what other women wear on their feet, and why they wear them

One should care. If you see a woman wearing unsuitable shoes a lot of the time, you should tell them how bad they are for their feet, before it's too late.

I was reading an article in a magazine in the Dentist the other day, about the Duchess Of Cambridge and her feet. She has all manner of bunions, and toe issues apparently. It's all from wearing high heels it seems. She still wears them though. I think some people would just carry on and not bother. Like Kate :smilin:

I think that the historical patriarchal nature of our society carries much of the burden of the thought processes that lead to women abusing their feet - however it's still none of my business why and when other women wear glam shoes

except when it's NN, then I just take the piss the following day

There are plenty of men's shoes that can damage a man's feet. Fashion shoes you might call them.

Women don't hold a monopoly on wearing bad fitting shoes.
jra

Postby Nucks » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:03 am

We were always playing board games or cards when I was growing up. Most kids today will have game consoles, phones, tablets, etc to occupy their free time, but board games take us back to when we interacted more. I wish I did them more often, but I can’t usually do late nights because of my work schedule. My daughter and I often play cards on my day off, Skip-bo is the current favourite. And I’ve got Scrabble in a drawer that needs a dusting off. :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 am

jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Nivana wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:jesus

you even have to be spiteful about women that wear glam shoes

who fucking cares what other women wear on their feet, and why they wear them

One should care. If you see a woman wearing unsuitable shoes a lot of the time, you should tell them how bad they are for their feet, before it's too late.

I was reading an article in a magazine in the Dentist the other day, about the Duchess Of Cambridge and her feet. She has all manner of bunions, and toe issues apparently. It's all from wearing high heels it seems. She still wears them though. I think some people would just carry on and not bother. Like Kate :smilin:

I think that the historical patriarchal nature of our society carries much of the burden of the thought processes that lead to women abusing their feet - however it's still none of my business why and when other women wear glam shoes

There are plenty of men's shoes that can damage a man's feet. Fashion shoes you might call them.

I don't recall saying they did, however they don't have to be ill-fitting to damage your feet, there are many more ways to achieve that, and as I actually said 'abusing their feet' the subject is much broader

take another historically patriarchal society and look at footbinding, all done to please men, to not only create the smallest foot possible but also to provide a shape that lends itself to male sexual relief

that is not to say men were entirely responsible for the continuation of the practice, many women insisted on binding the feet of their daughters and even as the practice began to lose favour they would argue that it was to give their daughter the best chance in life - but clearly like female circumcision it is little more than mutilation for gratification

this isn't a male v female subject, it's humane v inhumane
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Vam » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:35 am

I said nothing will change, and it hasn't ... no 'cycle' has been broken, and no lessons have been learned.

It's business as usual. Shit will continue to Happen, and will be splattered all over the forum.
Vam

Postby Vam » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:39 am

Nucks wrote:We were always playing board games or cards when I was growing up. Most kids today will have game consoles, phones, tablets, etc to occupy their free time, but board games take us back to when we interacted more. I wish I did them more often, but I can’t usually do late nights because of my work schedule. My daughter and I often play cards on my day off, Skip-bo is the current favourite. And I’ve got Scrabble in a drawer that needs a dusting off. :mrgreen:

Not a single mobile to be seen, throughout a lively 5-hour dinner last night.

It's hard to beat some device-free human interaction :smilin:
Vam

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:20 am

Vam wrote:I said nothing will change, and it hasn't ... no 'cycle' has been broken, and no lessons have been learned.

It's business as usual. Shit will continue to Happen, and will be splattered all over the forum.

Random unrelated post right there.

Bad morning? :ooer:

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:21 am

Vam wrote:
Nucks wrote:We were always playing board games or cards when I was growing up. Most kids today will have game consoles, phones, tablets, etc to occupy their free time, but board games take us back to when we interacted more. I wish I did them more often, but I can’t usually do late nights because of my work schedule. My daughter and I often play cards on my day off, Skip-bo is the current favourite. And I’ve got Scrabble in a drawer that needs a dusting off. :mrgreen:

Five hours? Deliveroo broke down?

Postby Nucks » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:24 am

Vam wrote:

Any under 25’s in attendance? :mrgreen:
Nucks

Postby jra » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:33 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
jra wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:
Nivana wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't recall saying they did, however they don't have to be ill-fitting to damage your feet, there are many more ways to achieve that, and as I actually said 'abusing their feet' the subject is much broader

take another historically patriarchal society and look at footbinding, all done to please men, to not only create the smallest foot possible but also to provide a shape that lends itself to male sexual relief

that is not to say men were entirely responsible for the continuation of the practice, many women insisted on binding the feet of their daughters and even as the practice began to lose favour they would argue that it was to give their daughter the best chance in life - but clearly like female circumcision it is little more than mutilation for gratification

this isn't a male v female subject, it's humane v inhumane

So why imply it's (at least partly) because of a patriarchal society(s). It's already been said in this thread that women often choose their shoes to please themselves or other women. Foot binding I don't agree with, but we are shifting the goalposts somewhat here. Besides, it doesn't happen in the UK, AFAIK or any developed country and the practice has died out even in China.

And if you are going to bring female circumcision into the equation, then male circumcision should also be outlawed, as both are forms of genital mutilation.
jra

Postby Gabby » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Chocs and booze for the postman, bin men, Hermes delivery man! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby jra » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Vam wrote:I said nothing will change, and it hasn't ... no 'cycle' has been broken, and no lessons have been learned.

Don't they sell mirrors in Spain/Italy or wherever you come from.

ETA. You giving me lessons about posting etiquette or strategy is like the pope telling people (especially Catholics) to wear condoms.
jra

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:40 pm

jra wrote:

Don't they sell mirrors in Spain/Italy or wherever you come from.

Unreal isn't she. Literally. :pmsl:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms