Your Latest Purchase Which Is A Thread About Shopping.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Your Latest Purchase Which Is A Thread About Shopping.

Postby jra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:27 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
jra wrote:
Vam wrote:
jra wrote:[
I know what you're saying. I've got an ancient pair of Sennheiser headphones (20+ years) that are out performed by headphones from the pound shop.

On the other hand, you may do better by buying a cheaper smartphone (Apple are renowned for being way overpriced) and a better pair of headphones for the same price.

There is no way I'm paying more than £100 for a smartphone, due to the risk factor of it being stolen and/or being mugged in the process. That unfortunately is a fact of life.

I didn't even know you could buy a smartphone for under a £100 :ooer:

You're always such a frikkin killjoy though, jra. Why are you fussed about how people choose to spend their money? Each to their own, surely?

I don't give a shit how people spend their money.

As for smartphones. There are loads available for under £100. CarephoneWarehouse sell quite a few under that price and they are unlocked. I bought an EE Rook for £40 and that came with £10 credit. It's quad core. I didn't buy it for the camera, because if I want to take decent photographs I've got the equipment, a bridge camera and DSLR. Even a top Apple iPhone is going to be hard pressed to match the picture quality of a half decent bridge camera or DSLR.

https://www.4g.co.uk/ee-rook-review/

But again that is subjective. For me, I have no use for a DSLR. I used to, but I haven’t picked mine up in years. My phone however is used constantly. It’s convenient having a half decent camera on the same device as my editing programs, my social media apps and my email/messaging apps.

Well, that's where you and I differ.

Admittedly I don't use the DSLR that often, as it's very bulky, but I got a real bargain on it, if you're prepared to forego 16:9 images and video (the latter I don't need anyway), A single image in TIFF mode is 25 megabytes, whereas on my mobile you're talking 1 meg at best (pretty shit quality in other words). The bridge camera does 5 meg which is pretty good, unless you want poster size prints.

I only use the mobile to make phone calls and send texts really. I prefer cameras with a grip and you can fit my bridge camera into an average size pocket. Also, I would have thought a larger screen is better for editing software, e.g. 7"/10" tablet or laptop. Other than my laptop to a certain extent, I'm not a slave to any technology, especially when I'm out. I only take the mobile just in case, but rarely use it. Mobile screens I find are too small for any great detail, much preferring a larger screen and standard keyboard. Nor do I use social media. No need, as I can text or phone these people.

IMO, a mobile phone is a jack of all trades, but master of none.

Horses for courses I guess.
jra

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm

jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Stooo wrote:A pair of 501's, first ones since the 90's :ooer:

Curtains next, I'm not paying £200 for two small blinds.

As long as they're not nets :gigglesnshit: Can you even buy nets these days or are they obsolete? Blinds last years, Stooo, an investment.

Do you live in the centre of posh land? Of course you can buy nets and they are easier to clean, even compared with vertical blinds.

If one lives in the centre of posh land one one simply will not have anything else except for plantation shutters.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rockstar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

As long as they're not nets :gigglesnshit: Can you even buy nets these days or are they obsolete? Blinds last years, Stooo, an investment.

Do you live in the centre of posh land? Of course you can buy nets and they are easier to clean, even compared with vertical blinds.

If one lives in the centre of posh land one one simply will not have anything else except for plantation shutters.

Candy Land :yikes:
Rockstar

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:00 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Yes Massa'!
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rockstar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:04 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
jra wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

Yes Massa'!

Meister*

:monkey:
Rockstar

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:06 pm

Rockstar wrote:

Meister*

I'm going to level with you here mate.

I don't have a scoobie what you're going on about.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Rockstar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Meister*

This isn't the first time. :srs?:
Rockstar

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Rockstar wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Meister*

This isn't the first time. :srs?:

Early onset dementia sadly.
Avon Barksdale

Postby jra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:10 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Rockstar wrote:

Meister*

Massa/Meister/Master.

Same thing as in 'yes master.'
jra

Postby Fletch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:00 pm

jra wrote:
Vam wrote:
I know what you're saying. I've got an ancient pair of Sennheiser headphones (20+ years) that are out performed by headphones from the pound shop.

On the other hand, you may do better by buying a cheaper smartphone (Apple are renowned for being way overpriced) and a better pair of headphones for the same price.

There is no way I'm paying more than £100 for a smartphone, due to the risk factor of it being stolen and/or being mugged in the process. That unfortunately is a fact of life.

You're always such a frikkin killjoy though, jra. Why are you fussed about how people choose to spend their money? Each to their own, surely?

As for smartphones. There are loads available for under £100. CarephoneWarehouse sell quite a few under that price and they are unlocked. I bought an EE Rook for £40 and that came with £10 credit. It's quad core. I didn't buy it for the camera, because if I want to take decent photographs I've got the equipment, a bridge camera and DSLR. Even a top Apple iPhone is going to be hard pressed to match the picture quality of a half decent bridge camera or DSLR.

Has it ever occurred to you over the last few decades to actually get a job and live life a little instead of living like a pauper off of (other people's) benefits? :dunno:
Fletch

Postby George » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:18 pm

I have been rather extravagant over the last few weeks. I have retiled the bathrooms and downstairs toilet in our new house. It was carpeted - revolting in a bathroom.
I have also bought an arran coat/cardigan and new tan ankle boots with a lovely velvety smooth lining. I am also seriously considering this coat
https://www.joebrowns.co.uk/sp+women-wo ... coat+wj172
I have quite a lot of Joe Brown clothes, the fit seems to suit me
George

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:21 pm

Fletch wrote:
jra wrote:
Vam wrote:

Has it ever occurred to you over the last few decades to actually get a job and live life a little instead of living like a pauper off of (other people's) benefits? :dunno:

HAHAHAH... Fletch sounding like someone who pays taxes :pmsl:

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:07 pm

The TSV on QVC.... Radley tote handbag in neutral stripe!..... bought it at 10 past midnight, just as well as sold out by this morning :twirl:
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:14 pm

George wrote:I have been rather extravagant over the last few weeks. I have retiled the bathrooms and downstairs toilet in our new house. It was carpeted - revolting in a bathroom.
I have also bought an arran coat/cardigan and new tan ankle boots with a lovely velvety smooth lining. I am also seriously considering this coat

Yet we buy rugs for the bathroom...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Stooo wrote:
George wrote:I have been rather extravagant over the last few weeks. I have retiled the bathrooms and downstairs toilet in our new house. It was carpeted - revolting in a bathroom.

Yet we buy rugs for the bathroom...

Only a bath mat in my bathroom.... pedestal mats are designed for soaking up male mishaps! :ooer:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms