Scorchio!!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Scorchio!!

Postby Bella » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Boiling here, I felt a bit odd whilst waiting in school playground with no shade, a bit too hot for me! I don't mind it if I have the sea to swim in or at least a pool. Getting into the car is awful ! frying in the heat :again?: :cool:
Bella

Postby measurer » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Fletch wrote:Image

Trains were grounded to a halt in Scotland as railroads buckled under the immense heat in Wishaw near Glasgow

eyebrow

Aye, son's train was affected.
measurer

Postby Cleopatra » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm

A heatwave means more open water deaths. Every single time, they happen. Even strong, accomplished swimmers would struggle with freezing currents etc, yet people with only their school 50 metres certificate think they can handle it. It is so sad, especially when it is children.
Cleopatra

Postby MG2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Saw someone walk their dog earlier and thought what a wanker they are.
MG2

Postby NastyNickers » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 pm

MG2 wrote:Saw someone walk their dog earlier and thought what a wanker they are.

Fucking idiots.
Bear has a paddling pool in the shade. You know it’s hot when it takes her minutes to dry completely.
She struggles in this heat though. She likes to ride in the car with the windows down, but refuses to walk anywhere. Just flops down and pants.
NastyNickers

Postby MG2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:19 pm

NastyNickers wrote:
MG2 wrote:Saw someone walk their dog earlier and thought what a wanker they are.

Fucking idiots.
Bear has a paddling pool in the shade. You know it’s hot when it takes her minutes to dry completely.
She struggles in this heat though. She likes to ride in the car with the windows down, but refuses to walk anywhere. Just flops down and pants.

Can you imagine how uncomfortable it must be with all that fur. She knows what she's doing bless her.

Even my cats are choosing shade over sun which is unusual for them.
MG2

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Lat week I bought one of those large Dyson fans - it's just about coping if I sit in front of it.
McAz

Postby MG2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 pm

McAz wrote:Lat week I bought one of those large Dyson fans - it's just about coping if I sit in front of it.

The £300 odd pounds one? :yikes: If so, is it worth it?
MG2

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:36 pm

MG2 wrote:
McAz wrote:Lat week I bought one of those large Dyson fans - it's just about coping if I sit in front of it.

The £400 odd pounds one (with air purifier) - and like an iPhone of course it isn't worth it. But it cools better than all the fans I've tried before and I don't have sufficient time left on the planet to waste it being uncomfortable.
McAz

Postby MG2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:39 pm

McAz wrote:
MG2 wrote:

The £400 odd pounds one (with air purifier) - and like an iPhone of course it isn't worth it. But it cools better than all the fans I've tried before and I don't have sufficient time left on the planet to waste it being uncomfortable.

That's fair enough and if it works that well it's worth the comfort. My friend has one, it's so quiet she can leave it on at night.
MG2

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:43 pm

MG2 wrote:
McAz wrote:
MG2 wrote:

That's fair enough and if it works that well it's worth the comfort. My friend has one, it's so quiet she can leave it on at night.

Yes, I have the small heater/fan one in the bedroom - it's on winter and summer with no sleep disturbance. They are a scandalous price but what can you do? And in fairness I've wasted more on other heaters and fans (taken together) which were nowhere near as effective.
McAz

Postby MG2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:56 pm

McAz wrote:

Yes, I have the small heater/fan one in the bedroom - it's on winter and summer with no sleep disturbance. They are a scandalous price but what can you do? And in fairness I've wasted more on other heaters and fans (taken together) which were nowhere near as effective.

I'm hearing such good things I may put some money aside and get one next year. My one room which isn't a conservatory but has almost as much glass is impossible to be comfortable in right now. It could be a good investment.
MG2

Postby Dean » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Packet of frozen peas on your ballbags. Problem solved!
Dean

Postby VelvetCat » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 pm

It's currently 28° here near Birmingham.

Must admit being fair skinned, I'm struggling in this heat. Got in my husband's car yesterday and it was awful with the leather seats! I'm staying inside as much as possible but it is lovely to have some sunshine and heat after the dreadful winter and spring we had.

The dog is struggling as well, she keeps lying in the sun, then coming in and drinking her water bowl dry, the cat is lying on the chair in the living room in the shade.

I just feel so sleepy, can't sleep at night, so napping during the day
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby McAz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:02 pm

MG2 wrote:
McAz wrote:

I'm hearing such good things I may put some money aside and get one next year. My one room which isn't a conservatory but has almost as much glass is impossible to be comfortable in right now. It could be a good investment.

You'd be better off with a portable air conditioner if you have an outside wall you don't mind banging a hole on.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms