RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: RUSSIA 2018 - THE WORLD CUP THREAD.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Punk wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:can u believe the french won the world cup??

Yes, they were pretty good. Another triumph for immigration communities. :thumbsup:

Three out of the four semi-finalists had lots of first generation immigrants. :gigglesnshit:

And France seemed to have the most, first and second generation. :thumbsup:

France was one of the first European countries to create an academy system for scouting, recruiting, and training talented young soccer players; many grew up in immigrant neighborhoods where their foreign-born parents had settled.

Provide training opportunities and the results can be awesome! :smilin:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Punk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:51 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Punk wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Yes, they were pretty good. Another triumph for immigration communities. :thumbsup:

Three out of the four semi-finalists had lots of first generation immigrants. :gigglesnshit:

France was one of the first European countries to create an academy system for scouting, recruiting, and training talented young soccer players; many grew up in immigrant neighborhoods where their foreign-born parents had settled.

Belgium had 3 more than France, and 4 more than us.
Punk

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Punk wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Even better than that. The USA team which defeated England 1-0 in 1950 had players born in Brussels, Greenock and the goalscorer in Port-au-Prince, while the manager was from Edinburgh. First-generation immigrants in your national team, eh!! :header:

Postby calitom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:47 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

so they wasnt really 'french' then. imported players to make a phoney national squad.
Now it makes sense.

I dont think it had anything to do with immigrant communities. I think they imported them specifically for the team.
there are a few famous high school football programs in the usa that recruit kids from all over the states just to play on their
team. Used to be Glendale High school was made up of kids who really lived in Glendale.Instilled a sense of pride.-Now its bought and paid for.

the USA also specifically imported some soccer players a few decades ago so we could at least compete in the world cup.Home grown USA soccer players generally suck...with a few exceptions of course
calitom

Postby Punk » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:30 pm

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

so they wasnt really 'french' then. imported players to make a phoney national squad.
Now it makes sense.

I dont think it had anything to do with immigrant communities. I think they imported them specifically for the team.
there are a few famous high school football programs in the usa that recruit kids from all over the states just to play on their
team. Used to be Glendale High school was made up of kids who really lived in Glendale.Instilled a sense of pride.-Now its bought and paid for.

the USA also specifically imported some soccer players a few decades ago so we could at least compete in the world cup.Home grown USA soccer players generally suck...with a few exceptions of course

The players weren't imported. Where do you get your fake news from? :brickwall: How does it makes sense now that you know that no players were imported?
Punk

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:10 pm

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

Mia Hamm, highest capped player and one of the highest scorers and in the top 150 of FIFA's hall of fame of greatest players who ever lived.
Well deserved too...
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:18 pm

Punk wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

The players weren't imported. Where do you get your fake news from? :brickwall: How does it makes sense now that you know that no players were imported?

It was bound to happen, I kept getting stupid messages regarding "France, the first African team to win the world cup."

My own opinion being they won on merit for being better than any other teams in the tournament. That lad Mbappe will be in demand for sure.

That is the great thing about the World Cup, we often see a few stars born. Sadly we were also treated to a lot of cheating and playacting, particularly from that pussy Naymar
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:57 pm

Punk wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Punk wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Belgium had 3 more than France, and 4 more than us.

:canny:
Ok smart arse, I don’t mind conceding on this one.
I miss Zidane :wubbers:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 pm

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

They don’t need to import players they’re French citizens. In fact they exported quite a few, they have so many top players!
Lady Murasaki

Postby calitom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 pm

LordRaven wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

Mia Hamm, highest capped player and one of the highest scorers and in the top 150 of FIFA's hall of fame of greatest players who ever lived.
Well deserved too...

yeah big ratings for chick team sports;)
calitom

Postby calitom » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:55 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

They don’t need to import players they’re French citizens. In fact they exported quite a few, they have so many top players!

well of course --they get the paperwork all filled out nice.They still import most of them.
calitom

Postby Lady Murasaki » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Most of them?
Ok, name five players imported just to play for France.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Punk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:02 am

calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

well of course --they get the paperwork all filled out nice.They still import most of them.

Name the one and only non French born in the squad. Where did you get this information from? Ever heard of fact checking sites or are you allergic to facts? Are the other 22 French born not French. You can't possibly be American then if you follow your rules. :gigglesnshit:
Punk

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:14 am

We may have to wait a while for tom to name names.
Lady Murasaki

Postby LordRaven » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:36 am

calitom wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
calitom wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Now it makes sense.

Well deserved too...

yeah big ratings for chick team sports;)

Like it or not Ladies Football has come on leaps and bounds and Mia Hamm, who I feel could have played in a men's team -she was that good - was a real pioneer showcasing her skills on the world stage to encourage others to try and emulate her.
There was a time when I would not have watched Ladies Football but that has changed, here are some great goals from The Lionesses which demonstrate exactly why...
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms