Mental health.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Mental health.

Postby Bella » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Jem wrote:
Vam wrote:
Bella wrote:
Rockstar wrote:
Bella wrote:Not a cheerful subject, sorry!
My Lad lost a friend today, another suicide.A very bright Lad in his 20s who wrote fantastic music etc.
My Lad is only 18 and this is the second person in his peer group to commit suicide, last one was his mates sister who was splashed all over the news, she was only 15 and was very talented. A high achiever...

It seems to happen all too often around here, a 15 year girl killed herself just after Christmas, also in the mainstream news.

I used to work in Mental health and my late bro tried to take his life several times but he had a long and enduring mental health issue.

My Sons friend managed to get to work and appear cheerful and although a bit different, he showed no signs of a deep depression.

Too sad, I can't fathom out what is going on for some of today's young folk

(
((((Bella)))))

Keep checking up on your son and participate in his life as much as you can...Wish you the best...

Thanks old friend, it's horrible , those last beers he bought my lad still lying in the fridge. Maybe they will take them to the funeral. My lads is O.K Rocky , he likes his traveling now and has a good friendship group . Hope all is well with you x

Bella, hi...I read a bit of this thread last night. Horrendous waste of such a young life.

Whilst reading about how this tragedy has affected your lad, a random thought crossed my mind. After a little time has passed and the "what if...?" guilt-tripping questions have subsided, perhaps your lad and his circle of friends could reach out to the boy's parents? I'm thinking, maybe popping round to see them to talk about the good memories of their son, shared interests - that kind of thing. Your lad might find that cathartic?

Just a suggestion, hope I'm not overstepping...

This definitely helps. My son's friend committed suicide two years ago and he and his mates go round to the boy's parents once a month for a meal and a chat and to share memories. It helps all of them.

Talking about the person who has died always helps but let your son take the lead, it needs to be at his pace.

That must help the poor lads parents too, I guess it keep part of him alive talking to his friends.
Bella

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Markey mark wrote:
My Lad lost a friend today, another suicide.A very bright Lad in his 20s who wrote fantastic music etc.
My Lad is only 18 and this is the second person in his peer group to commit suicide, last one was his mates sister who was splashed all over the news, she was only 15 and was very talented. A high achiever...

It seems to happen all too often around here, a 15 year girl killed herself just after Christmas, also in the mainstream news.

I used to work in Mental health and my late bro tried to take his life several times but he had a long and enduring mental health issue.

My Sons friend managed to get to work and appear cheerful and although a bit different, he showed no signs of a deep depression.

That’s If it’s true Bella , it’s a forum that have loads of posters that are unbalanced that looking for a response, I’m surprised you working with mental health all these years and posted the tragic event on here ,

And here's troll number 2.

Postby Dean » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:20 pm

I speak to my sons friends a lot... it’s nice to keep in contact...
Dean

Postby Bella » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:25 pm

Dean wrote:I speak to my sons friends a lot... it’s nice to keep in contact...

I chat a lot with my Lads friends, my house is party central, maybe because I am a bit liberal or what ever or we are in a good location, most likely...
Bella

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 am

Oh...

You would be surprised how innocent I am! In my innocence I have easily caused multiple people to fall off their seats in laughter.

I don't trust society! I trust you, you have proven time and time again that my faith in humanity has not been displaced. If that is all I am to be left with. I willingly and happily accept that condition of love!

My gratitude I pray will be expressed in actionable power. I would like it to be formally. I still don't know. Something that has eluded me for decades. I missed something growing up? Or as I like to think, my attention was focused on more important issues that concerned me about society!

Got another argument as to why our daughter was playing with her freind, bla, bla, bla... My attention was already draw to the issue weeks ago by the other mother. So I had a retort before the details where revealed. On conclusion I responded "go argue with someone else, everytime you open your mouth it is an argument, even when I remain silent, good night." Hung up the phone.

I have learned to trust myself and my intuition. I still have an issue with participating. As a media freind sujested "I need better freinds."

Venturing from one city to the next, towns and hamlets I have never noticed any differences in people. Individuals granted, but as a society, everything is the same as everywhere else. That I believe is the element of nature vs nurture. Please take care of yourself! You are truely a heavenly treasure x! That reminds me I owe some on a personal appology, rev ard ones wife. That I plan to make my first port of call!
art0hur0moh

Postby Markey mark » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:18 pm

measurer wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

That’s If it’s true Bella , it’s a forum that have loads of posters that are unbalanced that looking for a response, I’m surprised you working with mental health all these years and posted the tragic event on here ,

Just WOW! How can you even question someone pouring their heart out like that? Just because you don't know them doesn't make it a lie. Suicide among younger people has dramatically increased, and we ARE losing a lot through this.

Quite easy it’s like history repeating itself, many years back Bella posted on a forum exactly the same post that one of her sons toke his own life ,
Markey mark

Postby Lucian Deville » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Stop trolling the thread no mark.
Lucian Deville

Postby Bella » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:38 pm

Markey mark wrote:
measurer wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Just WOW! How can you even question someone pouring their heart out like that? Just because you don't know them doesn't make it a lie. Suicide among younger people has dramatically increased, and we ARE losing a lot through this.

Quite easy it’s like history repeating itself, many years back Bella posted on a forum exactly the same post that one of her sons toke his own life ,

That is absolute rubbish! I have one son who is 18 and a stepson in his 30s, they are both very much alive and neither has mental health issues.
Bella

Postby Markey mark » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:29 pm

Bella wrote:
Markey mark wrote:
measurer wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

That is absolute rubbish! I have one son who is 18 and a stepson in his 30s, they are both very much alive and neither has mental health issues.

Sorry My fault not you son one of his friends , I can remember the tread like it was yesterday one of your sons friends toke his own life ,
Markey mark

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:00 pm

Markey mark wrote:

Sorry My fault not you son one of his friends , I can remember the tread like it was yesterday one of your sons friends toke his own life ,

Fuck off sick troll.

Postby Bella » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Guest wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

Fuck off sick troll.

Thanks guest, the Lad and his mates are struggling, they are here now and I am so glad they have each other to rely on.
Bella

Postby measurer » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Police find that "witnesses" stories to incidents all are different, and this is what may have happened to your memory, Markey.

An apology for calling her a liar would be nice.
measurer

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm

Markey mark wrote:

I think that one of Claire's son's friend was murdered. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Markey mark wrote:

I think that one of Claire's son's friend was murdered. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of?

Fenella to the rescue!

Whoop! whoop! :whiteknight:

Postby Bella » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 pm

measurer wrote:Police find that "witnesses" stories to incidents all are different, and this is what may have happened to your memory, Markey.

An apology for calling her a liar would be nice.

Maybe a mixed up memory... but very unsettling .

Thanks Measurer .
Bella

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms