Jocelyn Wildenstein and other natural Beauties!

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Jocelyn Wildenstein and other natural Beauties!

Postby Nucks » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Been looking at pics of before and after surgery pics of celebs and very few actually look better than they did. Skin gets pulled too tight making the eyes appear misshapen or slanted/smaller, too much cheek or lip filler, Botox makes the face look expressionless, etc.

Is the pressure different for men than women?
Nucks

Postby Keyser » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 pm

Nucks wrote:Been looking at pics of before and after surgery pics of celebs and very few actually look better than they did. Skin gets pulled too tight making the eyes appear misshapen or slanted/smaller, too much cheek or lip filler, Botox makes the face look expressionless, etc.

As a bloke I find the plastic barbie doll, inflated trout pout look horrible, that goes for fake knockers as well. Some of them have had so much it has looks as if they should be invading Earth from Mars! :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:57 am

Keyser wrote:
Nucks wrote:Been looking at pics of before and after surgery pics of celebs and very few actually look better than they did. Skin gets pulled too tight making the eyes appear misshapen or slanted/smaller, too much cheek or lip filler, Botox makes the face look expressionless, etc.

As a bloke I find the plastic barbie doll, inflated trout pout look horrible, that goes for fake knockers as well. Some of them have had so much it has looks as if they should be invading Earth from Mars! :shake head:

I’m 50/50 on asking WTF were you thinking to both the patient AND the doctor in some cases. I know these doctors make a living out of this business, but I can’t quite get my head around one agreeing to give a woman a pair of tits so massive that it looks positively clownish.
Nucks

Postby Vam » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:45 am

It might be worth bearing in mind that for every horrendously extreme example we see, thousands of successful, perfectly performed, aesthetic surgery procedures fly under the radar :dunno:
Vam

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:16 am

Vam wrote:It might be worth bearing in mind that for every horrendously extreme example we see, thousands of successful, perfectly performed, aesthetic surgery procedures fly under the radar :dunno:

True. The best ones will be those we don’t even realise have been done. I wonder if the trick is just to get the odd nip here and tuck there? Something barely noticeable. I would think there comes a point though when there is nothing left to nip and nowhere to tuck it. :ooer: You just accept that you can’t look young forever, some people are luckier genetically or they haven’t been a smoker or sun-worshipper. In an industry where your pay check depends on your face, it’s probably harder to accept that than regular people.
Nucks

Postby Vam » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:52 am

Nucks wrote:
Vam wrote:It might be worth bearing in mind that for every horrendously extreme example we see, thousands of successful, perfectly performed, aesthetic surgery procedures fly under the radar :dunno:

True. The best ones will be those we don’t even realise have been done. I wonder if the trick is just to get the odd nip here and tuck there? Something barely noticeable. I would think there comes a point though when there is nothing left to nip and nowhere to tuck it. :ooer: You just accept that you can’t look young forever, some people are luckier genetically or they haven’t been a smoker or sun-worshipper. In an industry where your pay check depends on your face, it’s probably harder to accept that than regular people.

That's exactly the trick, Nucks :wink: A very subtle, barely noticeable, bit of what I like to call 'damage limitation' work. Always wise to get it done before it's really, really needed too. That way, the difference won't be so glaringly obvious :gigglesnshit:

I had a little bit of very subtle work done around my eyes and jawline, and a boob lift a year later. Looks very natural and I've never regretted it. For me, it's not a question of looking younger, just improving a bit on what nature gave me. I hate wearing make-up, cos it gets way too hot out here. Mascara & (maybe) some lippy, and I'm good to go.

I don't do Botox/fillers - those fricking needles!! :doomed: And I'd never in a million years go for the full-on lift, wind tunnel look.

I realise I've now left myself open to a fuckton of "plastic face" ridicule - but hey, I'm not the one having to trowel on the foundation/blush/concealers!
Vam

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:03 pm

I get Botox every 3 months, and that too depends on where you get it and how much you have.
I have more than usually used in cosmetic procedures, but in different places. I get my fod done, a bit around my eyes, then all around my head, neck and shoulders.
I’ve always had an expressive face. You can read it like a book. And Botox doesn’t change it, just reduces the fod wrinkles is produces. I can still move everything, just not in a way that makes them wrinkle up anywhere.

It becomes an issue when you get it done by someone who doesn’t know what they are doing, and you get too much.
NastyNickers

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:55 pm

NastyNickers wrote:I get Botox every 3 months, and that too depends on where you get it and how much you have.
I have more than usually used in cosmetic procedures, but in different places. I get my fod done, a bit around my eyes, then all around my head, neck and shoulders.
I’ve always had an expressive face. You can read it like a book. And Botox doesn’t change it, just reduces the fod wrinkles is produces. I can still move everything, just not in a way that makes them wrinkle up anywhere.

It becomes an issue when you get it done by someone who doesn’t know what they are doing, and you get too much.

Do you get it to help with the migraines?
Nucks

Postby NastyNickers » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Nucks wrote:Do you get it to help with the migraines?

Yeah, neurologist does it for me every 3 months. It’s wonderful for 2 months, but has worn off by the third month. I’m due again on the 3rd March for my last Botox, then the NHS stop funding it and I have to start over again on medications that don’t work :bawlin:
NastyNickers

Postby Lambert » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:30 pm

When someone gets plastic surgery they tend to look like someone who's had plastic surgery. Unless it's corrective surgery to fix a huge witch's conk or Dumbo ears. A good nose job can completely transform someone's face. But then some go too far and have their lips inflated and facial skin stretched to unnatural degrees. People look far better natural. It's the imperfections that give people character.
Lambert

Postby jp761 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Men have the hair loss 'pressure', there are some dodgy hair-pieces out there EVEN in the celeb world. You'd think celebs would be able to afford a decent one. Ted Danson's hair-piece is renowned for looking very authentic those with dodgy hair-pieces should get in touch with him! :laughing:

I think both sexes 'believe' that the opposite sex want them to look a certain way, mostly though it's a misconception. 'Pressure' felt is often of the self-made kind.

The best examples of plastic surgery are obviously the one's where you're not really sure about how much work someone may have had, Joan Collins is an example of this. I'd guess she's had a fair bit of work, but it isn't easy to tell.
jp761

Postby Nucks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:26 pm

jp761 wrote:

Men have the hair loss 'pressure', there are some dodgy hair-pieces out there EVEN in the celeb world. You'd think celebs would be able to afford a decent one. Ted Danson's hair-piece is renowned for looking very authentic those with dodgy hair-pieces should get in touch with him! :laughing:

I think both sexes 'believe' that the opposite sex want them to look a certain way, mostly though it's a misconception. 'Pressure' felt is often of the self-made kind.

The best examples of plastic surgery are obviously the one's where you're not really sure about how much work someone may have had, Joan Collins is an example of this. I'd guess she's had a fair bit of work, but it isn't easy to tell.

I remember seeing an article some time ago about men you didn’t know who wore wigs/toupees. Have to say it was quite surprising and also impressive that you couldn’t tell.

So yes, I agree that the pressure is there for them too, but in a different way. The criteria for what makes someone attractive will obviously be different for male vs female. There will be variations and exceptions, but (hetero) men are basically attracted to women who look fertile (hips/boobs/healthy skin and hair) and women will be attracted to men who seem like good providers for their offspring. There are many more layers on top of that before anyone accuses me of being sexist. Intelligence, humour, personality traits, etc. We’ve evolved beyond being slaves to our biology, but it’s a basic evolutionary thing.
Nucks

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms