Who Would You Pick?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Who Would You Pick?

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:John Lennon, he was shot down in his prime and had so much more to offer the world and his family.
The rest all seemed like spent forces.

Difficult to see how Hendrix who was just embarking on his jazz career when he died at the age of 27 could be described as a spent force. :dunno:

Anyone who takes too many drugs has essentially given up on life.

Not necessarily, if it some who is exploring the mind and effect etc, generally highly intelligent/talented folks.

Anyway Bob every time for me and I saw him live at Crystal Palace http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/crystal% ... -1980.html

First big gig ever was Queen at Lancaster Uni.

Jimmi played in Carlisle or opened some fashion shop, I missed that as too young but have some copies of the original pics from a man I rented a room from whilst at Art school there, must search them out, suspect my lad has them in his room :smilin:

It's still Russain roulette, why take a chance with your intellect/talent like that?
I'm guessing people knew less in the sixties about mind bending substances but anyone who experiments now is aware of the risks.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:10 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:Ok, I'll let him off then.

He's a voodoo chile - regardless, he'll be glad you have retracted your condemnation.

Don't get me wrong, I loved his music, maybe that was all he was capable of. :dunno:

And Freddys death made me cry, I'm always confessing about crying to you :bawlin: , Queen, Pink Floyd and Kate Bush are in my DNA. Older siblings played them constantly when I was very young.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:16 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:

He's a voodoo chile - regardless, he'll be glad you have retracted your condemnation.

Don't get me wrong, I loved his music, maybe that was all he was capable of. :dunno:

And Freddys death made me cry, I'm always confessing about crying to you :bawlin: , Queen, Pink Floyd and Kate Bush are in my DNA. Older siblings played them constantly when I was very young.

I think he was capable of much more.

In a crowded but oddly subdued supermarket in 1980 missus and me were remarking how pleased we were that they were playing end to end Beatles - smiling and singalong we were - had no idea that Lennon had been shot. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Bella » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:John Lennon, he was shot down in his prime and had so much more to offer the world and his family.

Difficult to see how Hendrix who was just embarking on his jazz career when he died at the age of 27 could be described as a spent force. :dunno:

Not necessarily, if it some who is exploring the mind and effect etc, generally highly intelligent/talented folks.

Anyway Bob every time for me and I saw him live at Crystal Palace http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/crystal% ... -1980.html

Jimmi played in Carlisle or opened some fashion shop, I missed that as too young but have some copies of the original pics from a man I rented a room from whilst at Art school there, must search them out, suspect my lad has them in his room :smilin:

It's still Russain roulette, why take a chance with your intellect/talent like that?
I'm guessing people knew less in the sixties about mind bending substances but anyone who experiments now is aware of the risks.

I doubt that, I think Drugs were "safer" then, we see more kids dying from stuff we never dreamt of when we were young.
Last edited by Bella on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bella

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:24 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:

In a crowded but oddly subdued supermarket in 1980 missus and me were remarking how pleased we were that they were playing end to end Beatles - smiling and singalong we were - had no idea that Lennon had been shot. :ooer:

It was odd, I'd just gotten into the Beatles because of a season of their films over the Christmas period, weeks before he was shot. My generation's Kennedy moment. Skipped school that day to mourn with my wayward best friend.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:

It was odd, I'd just gotten into the Beatles because of a season of their films over the Christmas period, weeks before he was shot.
My generations Kennedy moment. Skipped school that day to mournwith my wayward best friend.

Hmmm - another voodoo chile. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

I doubt that, I think Drugs were "safer" then, we see more kids dying from stuff we never dreamt of when we were young.

Safer for some but lots seem to have died from overdoses back then.
Or drug related incidents, like drowning while high.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:31 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:I think he was capable of much more.

It was odd, I'd just gotten into the Beatles because of a season of their films over the Christmas period, weeks before he was shot.
My generations Kennedy moment. Skipped school that day to mournwith my wayward best friend.

More voodoo BBC.
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

More voodoo BBC.

Not really - it was his 40th birthday.
McAz

Postby Text » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

Vicks wrote:Image

Vicks, I would pick Jacko, and the 3 people in the third column. :twirl:
Text

Postby Text » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Never heard of Bonn Scott. :yikes:
Text

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Bella wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:

Mind bending substances are the none addictive kind.
The opiates as in Heroin and Morphine are not classed as Psychedelic or mind expanding.
In the sixties heroin was legal and came from the chemist 100% pure as did the coke and amphetamine.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 pm

McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
McAz wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

More voodoo BBC.

Not really - it was his 40th birthday.

Oh god, it's all coming back to me :shake head:

phpBB [video]
Lady Murasaki

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 pm

McAz

Postby NastyNickers » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Canary wrote:Never heard of Bonn Scott. :yikes:

AC/DC lead singer for a few years until he died.
NastyNickers

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms