Dogs' Friends or Foes

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Dogs' Friends or Foes

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 am

I quite liked mj until all that stuff happened with emaul and she turned into a huge hypocrite, vassago was a major dick.
I used to post on dtv about 5yrs ago, very cliquey place. Biggest loser on these forums for me was always Dox, when he was outed as being a short skinny middle aged bloke with a squeaky voice it was hilarious.

Postby Vam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:18 am

Vicky wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Re: lying on forums. I'm a pretty forgiving person, but if I found out someone had lied about cancer, a death in the family, losing a baby, serious stuff like that, I don't know if I could remain friends with them. I have met up with people I met on a forum (not DS), so I wouldn't object to doing it again. It was a positive experience for me. Don't know about a one-on-one meet-up though, not as a first contact anyway. Meeting online has become quite a popular way to find a mate, I'm not sure why some people laugh at or mock it. They say you don't know who you could be meeting, easy to lie about who you are, but someone you meet at the pub could also be lying. As far as whether someone is a man or woman, chatting on the phone/webcam/Skype is an easy way to check that. I can't imagine that someone who is putting on an entirely bizarre persona would want to meet up with anyone they met on a forum anyway. What would be the point? :dunno:

Some moron said i was pretending to be Scottish, why i would do that i have no idea.

When we had a Voocaroo thread a few years ago, most of us posted a clip of our voices and a few folk couldn't understand me, because of how broad my Scottish accent is.

I've only met one forum member, that's Measurer one of the Admins here.

Nice lady who lives not far from me.

Jeez, Vic...I must have replayed your clip at least half a dozen times, to try and get even a hint of what you were saying :yikes: Nice voice, but...oh man...trying to understand you! :thud:

That was my favourite thread ever, bar none. Such a laugh :mrgreen:
Vam

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:08 pm

I got pulled over by a cop far north west of Scotland and really struggled to understand him.
Huge bloke who I thought might lose his patience wit me but he didn't.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am

Guest wrote:I quite liked mj until all that stuff happened with emaul and she turned into a huge hypocrite, vassago was a major dick.
I used to post on dtv about 5yrs ago, very cliquey place. Biggest loser on these forums for me was always Dox, when he was outed as being a short skinny middle aged bloke with a squeaky voice it was hilarious.

yea now that was funny as fuck
prolly budgies finest work
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Guest wrote:I quite liked mj until all that stuff happened with emaul and she turned into a huge hypocrite, vassago was a major dick.

The excuses were even funnier, claims his phone was responsible for the sound of his voice as it wasnt working right then claims he didnt care when he really really cared. The video in bright sunlight (when it was grey and raining) no pic of him but you could see from the angle he was filming at that he was shorter than most of the people walking by so he claimed on bf that he was sitting. Someone might have been Budgie said "you in a wheelchair then mate because youre moving".

very funny and exposed how pathetic he was, hes not been "seen" since but im convinced a member here is him on a new persona for a few reasons
I always thought bf was the worst forum of the lot glad its gone.

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:07 am

Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Re: lying on forums. I'm a pretty forgiving person, but if I found out someone had lied about cancer, a death in the family, losing a baby, serious stuff like that, I don't know if I could remain friends with them. I have met up with people I met on a forum (not DS), so I wouldn't object to doing it again. It was a positive experience for me. Don't know about a one-on-one meet-up though, not as a first contact anyway. Meeting online has become quite a popular way to find a mate, I'm not sure why some people laugh at or mock it. They say you don't know who you could be meeting, easy to lie about who you are, but someone you meet at the pub could also be lying. As far as whether someone is a man or woman, chatting on the phone/webcam/Skype is an easy way to check that. I can't imagine that someone who is putting on an entirely bizarre persona would want to meet up with anyone they met on a forum anyway. What would be the point? :dunno:

Some moron said i was pretending to be Scottish, why i would do that i have no idea.

When we had a Voocaroo thread a few years ago, most of us posted a clip of our voices and a few folk couldn't understand me, because of how broad my Scottish accent is.

Jeez, Vic...I must have replayed your clip at least half a dozen times, to try and get even a hint of what you were saying :yikes: Nice voice, but...oh man...trying to understand you! :thud:

It was a cracking thread Vam, it's my favourite as well.
Vicky

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Vicky wrote:
Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Where is the thread?

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:48 am

Guest wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:

The excuses were even funnier, claims his phone was responsible for the sound of his voice as it wasnt working right then claims he didnt care when he really really cared. The video in bright sunlight (when it was grey and raining) no pic of him but you could see from the angle he was filming at that he was shorter than most of the people walking by so he claimed on bf that he was sitting. Someone might have been Budgie said "you in a wheelchair then mate because youre moving".

very funny and exposed how pathetic he was, hes not been "seen" since but im convinced a member here is him on a new persona for a few reasons
I always thought bf was the worst forum of the lot glad its gone.

he was viper till recently when he flounced like a little girl
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 am

Guest wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Where is the thread?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39127&hilit=let%27s+hear+it+avon

There's a second part to it as well.

Loved that thread. One of my favourites on here. Can't believe it was over 2 years ago now.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Nucks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 am

Although most of the names brought up from other forums are strangers to me, I have to say that the personality types are very familiar. I posted on imdb for a number of years and there were many off-shoot boards from that, and the same kind of people inhabited those places. Try-hard tough guys, people who took trolling to a personal level, overly flirtatious females, desperate virgin types, etc. Sometimes it feels like I never left school.
Nucks

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vicky wrote:
Vam wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Where is the thread?

http://www.thesleepingdogs.net/viewtopi ... ar+it+avon

Loved that thread. One of my favourites on here. Can't believe it was over 2 years ago now.

The recordings have all expired :bawlin: :bawlin: :bawlin: :bawlin:

Postby Vam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Vicky wrote:

Where is the thread?

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39127&hilit=let%27s+hear+it+avon

:smilin: That brought back some memories..... :thumbsup:
Vam

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Canucklehead wrote:Although most of the names brought up from other forums are strangers to me, I have to say that the personality types are very familiar. I posted on imdb for a number of years and there were many off-shoot boards from that, and the same kind of people inhabited those places. Try-hard tough guys, people who took trolling to a personal level, overly flirtatious females, desperate virgin types, etc. Sometimes it feels like I never left school.

All male posters then? :whistle:
Lady Murasaki

Postby NostalgiaLIN » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:36 pm

There have been some great female posters who have long left forums, or at least left here.
Poca, Syl, Tyts, Magica, Fen, all originated from the Mirror forum I believe. They could argue for sure, they could also be warm and witty.
Forums are not the same without them. :bawlin:
NostalgiaLIN

Postby Nucks » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Although most of the names brought up from other forums are strangers to me, I have to say that the personality types are very familiar. I posted on imdb for a number of years and there were many off-shoot boards from that, and the same kind of people inhabited those places. Try-hard tough guys, people who took trolling to a personal level, overly flirtatious females, desperate virgin types, etc. Sometimes it feels like I never left school.

All male posters then? :whistle:

Yes, especially the overly flirtatious females.
Nucks

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms